[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the "best" Tekken?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3543.png (640KB, 1024x592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3543.png
640KB, 1024x592px
What is the "best" Tekken?
>>
>TTT
>/vr/

Also my response isnt retro either but T7 is honestly the most fun I've ever had with a Tekken game
>>
>>3594652
TTT was in the arcades in the 1999.
>>
>>3594640
For me it would have to be Tekken 3, the gameplay was much more refined and everything made sense. And the console release just had a shit ton of fun content.

Tekken 4 was really good too outside of Jin players, the game was really unique and obviously tried to push boundaries further.

Tekken 5, 6, and 7 revert back to a more safer game design choices. Also the plot became trash and very forgettable after 5.

5 was mad broken as well, so i didn't play it much. Didn't even bother with DR(despite being praised as the best Tekken).

6 was fun, but i wasn't keen on relying on the bound system.

7 looks to be really fun, and i will probably play it a lot when it comes out at my local Round 1 arcade in December.
>>
It's TTT2 but TTT is also pretty great.
>>
The newer games have better music but worse gameplay, balance and characters. I'd say TTT or Tekken 3 were the best thus far. After Tekken 4 it's been pretty ho-hum.
>>
>>3594640
Tekken 3
>>
>>3594640

Tekken 3. Less rigid than the previous 2, and the roster wasn't completely imbalanced into infinity with "God/Demon" characters yet.
>>
Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag are my favorites. To be fair, I haven't played Tag 2 yet.
>>
>>3594640
Tekken 3. Although I stopped at Tekken Tag Tournament, which I thought was also great but not retro.
>>
>>3595190
As someone said before, Tekken Tag hit arcades in 1999. It's retro.
>>
Vanilla TTT was fun as fuck ignoring how fucking OP the Mishimas & Ogres were.

What are some other fun retro 3D fighters? Aside from VF & Soul Calibur I mean
>>
File: advert.jpg (74KB, 517x650px) Image search: [Google]
advert.jpg
74KB, 517x650px
>>3594640
Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 3 is close but game play wise i think that TTT is better, the same goes for Tekken 5 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 but the last two aren't retro.
>>
>>3595248r
Rival Schools 1 and Project Justice (Rival Schools 2) are fun as sin, also the Bloody Roar series is very good.
>>
>>3595248
Heaven's Gate
>>
What Tekken was the one with the guy who could switch sides when fighting? He also had a OP overhead kick.
>>
>>3595506
Yoshimitsu has something resembling a teleport I guess, is that who you're referring to?
>>
>>3595530
Ah it was Hwoarang. I remember him like always changing stances?
>>
Personally, Tekken 4 is my favorite, followed by 2. But I have enjoyed every Tekken game since the original, when I first played it in.. 95?
>>
>>3595534
Hwaorang can switch from left to right handed. Lei has multiple kung-fu stances.
>>
>>3595579
>Hwaorang can switch from left to right handed

Oh yeah okay. I remember him doing that and having an overhead kick he could charge up. It was OP in the arcades until the CPU got smart.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.