[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thief

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: dump000.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dump000.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What are your favorite Thief FM's?
>>
A Brawl in the Tombs, The Calendra series, Ominous Bequest, Left for Dead, Inverted Manse, Greyfeather Gems, Lady Rowena, Order of the Wine, and Dyer's Eve.
>>
File: haunt.jpg (46KB, 259x595px) Image search: [Google]
haunt.jpg
46KB, 259x595px
We can all agree that TDP > TMA, right?
>>
>>3593929
I feel like TMA was much more refined than TDP in terms of level design and direction, and had superior pacing as well (barring casing the joint into the masks)

TDP also had the more horror/exploration focused, which although unique, weren't good stealth levels. I definitely think these levels determine if you like TDP vs TMA, since TMA pretty much only has one level like this, while TDP is peppered with them.
>>
>Transitions in Chaos, Part I: Conspiracies in the Dark
Excellent mansion, decent challenge, fun variety of objectives keeping you busy.

>Hidden Agenda
Infiltration with mechanists, robots, and metal surfaces. Not enough FMs like this.

>Wicked Relics
Big sprawing estate to loot with humor and some spookiness. Has a certain oldschool feel, probably because it's a little rougher around the edges and has a certain playfulness that more modern, highly-polished missions sometimes lack.

>The Greyfeather Gems - Part 2: Rodamill
Unmatched foggy ruined town atmosphere.

>Keyhunt
Don't see this one mentioned enough. It's a shortish crypts 'n puzzles mission and has an excellent tomb raiding vibe.

I could list a bunch more of the fancier newer ones that are great (Skacky's stuff is aces, Bones: The Old Quarter was excellent) but these ones stick out most in my mind.
>>
I'm going to treat this as the new thief general thread.

I (>>3549580) took a bit of a break after getting stuck on casing the joint. I came back to it yesterday, figured out how to proceed, and completed casing the joint and the masks. Casing the joint was a fun level, although a bit long. The masks was kind of disappointing, just running through the same level again grabbing new loot and then nabbing the masks.

Starting Sabotage, already ~50ish minutes in (I think that might be slow, oh well) and just forged and placed the beacon. I'm excited to see the finale of the game, and try out some FMs before moving on to a different stealth series

Genuinely didn't expect to have this great of a time with Thief, I expected it to have flaws related to its age and yet it plays better than most modern games. Its art direction also is done well, it still looks 'right' despite the limitations of hardware at the time
>>
>>3593929
Yes. TMA is great though I just think TDP was more consistent and I had no problems navigating large maps with vague directions.
>>
>>3594039
And now I finished Sabotage. Honestly, fantastic final level. Sneaking around, using all you've learned from previous levels to avoid mechanical eyes and guards while simultaneously forging parts and swapping beacons.

If I had to give thief 2 a score, It'd be honestly 10/10. Best stealth game I've ever played, and probably will ever play.

Time for some FMs, please post more of your guys' preferences.
>>
File: StephenFry-1985BlackAdderII.jpg (261KB, 420x600px) Image search: [Google]
StephenFry-1985BlackAdderII.jpg
261KB, 420x600px
I want to make a new lockpick and a Hammerite door periscope (Optiwand from Swat). Should I use Anim8tor, 3d max or something else?

Is it possible to implement a dialogue interface as an addition to voice actors and ingame books/scrolls? You go to the beergarden where a client is waiting for you. When you order a beer you ask the bartender for rumors. The client tells you he wants a certain painting from a certain house. On your way you pay a nearby beggar to give some information about the house and distract the guards.

I found The Clocktower by Anonymous (Thief 2 Beauty Contest Entry) charming. Wanting to play Among Two Storm but I'm missing a script. Stones and Glass Houses, because of the use of the keeper and the CamVator in telling the story.
>>
>>3594168
Play Inverted Manse senpai
>>
File: 1456095399293.jpg (4MB, 1400x4537px) Image search: [Google]
1456095399293.jpg
4MB, 1400x4537px
Obligatory
>>
>>3593854
Definitely not that one. That was a convoluted mess of backtracking, small alleyways, confusing climbing and the smallest party to stealth through ever.
>>
What are some good bank heist centric FMs?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKVSyGvSQR8
>>
What are recommended TDS FM's?
>>
>>3597967
There's not a whole lot of them I think, you might as well try all of them
>>
>>3594313
>Is it possible to implement a dialogue interface as an addition to voice actors and ingame books/scrolls?

Irrational had the Dark Engine source code when making System Shock 2 and they still weren't able to mod the engine enough to have proper ingame cutscenes.
>>
>>3599768
Do you know that they weren't or are you just assuming that because there weren't any. Keep in mind that the whole reason SS uses audiologs for storytelling is because the devs didn't like cutting away do a different screen for dialogue in Ultima Underworld.
>>
>>3599780

There are ingame cutscenes, but all they could do is teleport and trap the player in an invisible moving cube. They couldn't even take control of the player's ability to look around with the mouse.
>>
>>3593929
Sorry anon, I can't choose. They both have their pros and cons.
>>
Lorgan's Web is the shit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.