[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games that have aged like a fine wine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: Thief_The_Dark_Project_boxcover.jpg (25KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
Thief_The_Dark_Project_boxcover.jpg
25KB, 392x500px
>>
Game of the genre.
>>
File: FF1_USA_boxart[1].jpg (54KB, 256x351px) Image search: [Google]
FF1_USA_boxart[1].jpg
54KB, 256x351px
Cannot say the same about Dragon Quest 1
>>
File: Cncra2-win-cover.jpg (51KB, 256x364px) Image search: [Google]
Cncra2-win-cover.jpg
51KB, 256x364px
Both Tiberian Sun and RA2.
>>
File: Brood_War_box_art_(StarCraft).jpg (50KB, 416x500px) Image search: [Google]
Brood_War_box_art_(StarCraft).jpg
50KB, 416x500px
>>3592853
And Brood War, I didn't forget.
>>
File: Sonicadventuredcog.jpg (140KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sonicadventuredcog.jpg
140KB, 800x800px
>>
>>3592853
Came here to post that.
>>
>ageing meme
>>
>aging meme
>aging meme meme
>sonic adventure meme
>sonic adventure bait

What a fine thread.

What is the subject again?
>>
File: raptorlogo512px.png (339KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
raptorlogo512px.png
339KB, 512x512px
Almost everything about this game is perfect.
>>
>>3592839
Nah this game is hot trash. Even 2 is more interesting these days.
>>
>>3592961
>le sonic was never good maymay
>>
>>3592839
I always point out that AND DQ1 as games which have aged horribly. Now remakes like the one on FF Origins are much better, because it removes annoyances like whiffing that the air where a recently-defeated enemy was.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
>shit graphics
>fully immersive

How? You can't explain that
>>
>>3593291
I would like so much to get into the original fallout but i feel so detached from the game
>>
File: deus_ex.jpg (85KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
deus_ex.jpg
85KB, 953x953px
>>
>>3592853
Yeah. Never even played RTSs before until recently, and Tiberian Sun actually seemed pretty easy to get into.
>>
>>3592820
In regards to sound design, I'd even argue that nothing has ever topped Thief in this regard. They really put in a lot of attention to detail with its sound propagation system.
>>
>>3593291
What do you mean shit graphics? The only better looking RPG from '98 is Baldur's Gate.
>>
>>3593459
I always remember what someone wrote on here - "In relation to quake, thief was the more innovative fps, and it isn't even an fps"
>>
>>3592860
(you)
>>
Games don't age. Once a good game, always a good game.
>>
>>3595007
Some games become deprecated. When they are vastly outclassed by others in its genre, like Dragon Quest by Earthbound and Chrono Trigger, they have aged badly.
>>
>>3595225
Dragon Quest was always inferior to Wizardry and Ultima.
>>
>>3595228
those are not the same genre though.
>>
>>3595007

That's not true per-se, some of the greatest examples are pre-2000s era games.

Back then, the raw amount of content in games was not very high, and the gaming market was rather small.

With a niche customer base, they generally amplified the difficulty of games, (often artificially/arbitrarily,) in order to pad the duration of the player's experience.

Plenty of things that were once considered "mechanics" or aspects of the game, are simply considered annoying and often bad game design from the modern perspective.
>>
>>3595321
>simply considered annoying and often bad game design
By who? Maybe I agree, but what if those people are stupid faggots?

Just another example of why people should simply say what they like or don't like, with reasons, instead of slinging these terms around trying to pronounce judgment on games being "outdated" or whatever the fuck.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.