[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

File: supergng.jpg (122KB, 640x444px) Image search: [Google]
supergng.jpg
122KB, 640x444px
What went wrong?
>>
>>3591537

Snes had a CPU too weak to handle it. Thus slowdowns. All the ports of the game save Virtual Console fix the slowdown.

Play the PS1, PS2, Xbox, etc ports.
>>
>>3591537
Slowdowns
Shitty second run.
Shitty levels

All in all a trainwreck of a game. Same with Super Castlevania IV.
>>
Having to play through the entire game twice while having to use the shittiest weapon on the second time killed it for me.
>>
>>3591537
Nothing. It's a great game.
>>
>>3591657
>Super Castlevania IV
>trainwreck of a game
No?
>>
>>3591852
Yes.

It's really not that good compared to the rest of them, and relies on a lot more randomisation than the other Classicvanias. Isn't as tight or refined as them either.
>>
File: download.png (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 224x225px
Is this the designated Australia-kun thread?

the snes sucks guys!! the mega drive and amiga were better! Fuck nintendo!

Am I doing it right?
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 600x671px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 600x671px
>>3591915
How'd you know?
>>
>>3591872

Meh. We already exhausted discussion about Classicvania. IV haters gonna hate, but Rondo also has its own flaws, and overall I think TNG is the weakest of the 16-bit ones.

They're all good games though, retards pretending to hate either IV or Bloodlines only do it for the console wars.
>>
>>3591657

kys faggot
>>
>>3591754
>while having to use the shittiest weapon on the second time killed it for me.

you only have to use it at the very end of the last stage before the final boss
>>
>>3591872
>and relies on a lot more randomisation than the other Classicvanias

there's little to no RNG in SCIV. try again, shit for brains.
>>
>>3591537
Nothing. It's a fucking awesome game.
>>
>>3591872
>Isn't as tight or refined as them either
So what? Still an awesome game to play, little random element is good for you.
>>
>>3591925
True patricians prefer X68000 over the other 16-bit entries, anyway.
>>
>>3591620
This. Capcom should've made a CPS2 GnG game instead.
>>
>>3591943

True patricians play Haunted Castle only.
>>
>>3591943
>X68000
Too pleb for Castlevania Chronicles?
>>
How did a GnG shitposting thread become a Castlevania shitposting thread?

Why are there always the same people in these threads?
>>
>>3591967

Nah, the Castlevania fandom is very different from the kind of castlevania "fans" you see on /vr/.

It's mostly just console war shitposting disguised.
>>
>>3591971
Might just be your imagination. Even Australia-kun, the biggest Nintendo hater on /vr/, admits that some of the Nintendo Castlevanias are good, like III.
>>
They made it play at a snail's pace and the SNES still couldn't run it without excessive slowdown. Fucking fail. Shouldn't have made it for that system.
>>
>>3592014
>Even Australia-kun, the biggest Nintendo hater on /vr/, admits that some of the Nintendo Castlevanias are good, like III.

because there isn't any competition for NES Castlevania on the Master System.
He did try to fool some people by saying Amigavania is better than NESvania though, but not even himself believes that bullshit.
>>
>>3592054
Master of Darkness exists.
>>
File: holydiver.jpg (148KB, 640x819px) Image search: [Google]
holydiver.jpg
148KB, 640x819px
>>3592150

There are other Castlevania-likes on NES too, but we're talking Castlevania here.
>>
>>3591930
>there's little to no RNG in SCIV. try again, shit for brains.
>what is stage 8

I rest my case. Try again, kiddo.

>>3591941
>little random element is good for you.
Not really

>Still an awesome game to play
It's still good on the whole, absolutely. It just lacks refinement in its level design, which is a shame, and I'd argue it ultimately renders it less enjoyable than the other Classicvanias.

>>3591925
I don't hate it by any means. It's pretty good, and indeed Rondo definitely has its own flaws, but still seemed a bit tighter on the whole.
>TNG is the weakest of the 16-bit ones
I'd have to disagree really, it's arguably has the tightest gameplay of them, not to mention the brevity of the first game, and to me at least was the most enjoyable experience. All three are good in their own right, anyhow.

>>3591926
Back to /v/ where you belong, child. Men are speaking.
>>
>>3592161

>stage 8

I assume you mean the disappearing platforms.
You can actually pinpoint a pattern if you look carefully. Each platform has a timing.
You just have to avoid getting hit by the spikes that fall from above.

About TNG

>it's arguably has the tightest gameplay of them

I don't really think so, it seems the least polished 16-bit vania to me, but it is indeed still a good game. Different strokes, etc.
>>
>>3592176
It's more the fact that said pattern is different every time. In most Classicvania games there's a usual pattern to each situation and you get used to each of them. Having them randomly change per life is just inconsistent with the rest of the series.

And I mean in regards to the rapid spikes from the ceiling as well, though you can get used to those after a while.

>I don't really think so, it seems the least polished 16-bit vania to me

Well, Bloodlines was the most logical, I'd argue. Every situation had a specific solution to the problem presented towards you, as in I and III, which you don't get as consistently in Super IV. The logical aspect arguably makes it a bit too easy once you get it down to a tee, but I just prefer consistency, personally.
>>
>>3592159
It's still competition to the NES Vanias. And it's not like the NES and MS were the only two game platforms of the time.
>>
>babies complaining about RNG is piss easy non-competitive game
lmao, if anything that's a good thing to keep the game fresh
>>
File: nice_meme.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
nice_meme.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>3591949
>implying HC isn't hot garbage

>>3591952
>implying Chronicles isn't just casualised X68K with worse art
>>
>>3591537
Only thing it did right was get rid of being able to aim in any direction.
>>
>>3591953
I think a lot of different shitposting threads probably share some people between them.
>>
>>3591915
Sometimes even Australia-kun is right, though. Super Ghouls and Ghosts on SNES is a lagfest.
>>
In fact, this is one of those games that run better on ZSNES since it doesn't emulate lag properly.
>>
File: 1381946833790.png (500KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1381946833790.png
500KB, 720x540px
>>3596951

>Sometimes even Australia-kun is right
>>
>>3596956
The lag is what the creator intended, faggot!
>>
>>3592316

>RNG
>good
>in a game with impaired movement

Nah.
>>
>>3596989
The creator really intended for the system to eat your inputs.
>>
>>3597002
movement is fine, you just suck
>>
File: 1412986037067.jpg (70KB, 960x520px) Image search: [Google]
1412986037067.jpg
70KB, 960x520px
>>3597002
>SCIV
>impaired movement
>>
>>3597330

Never said it wasn't. It works well with the game's design, but it's ill suited for non manipullative RNG.

>>3597880

Jump is floaty and takes to much time to come back. It's kind of a improvement over 1 and 3, but isn't, let's say, Mega Man X freedom tier. Yeah, yeah, I know they're different games with different philosophies, but my point is that RNG is much more punishing in castlevania games than megaman.
>>
Can't they just IP-range ban Straya-kun?
>>
>>3591754

this.

like really? beating it once isnt accomplishment enough?

i get the sentiment. but its retarded.
>>
>>3598257
The mods enjoy fucking with him, so no.
>>
>>3598257
>straya this
>straya that
is there even a single fact to backup this bogeyman?
>>
Bad level design

The slowdown I can deal with

I prefer the Genesis one
>>
>>3591537
Is this the new game for try hard hipster contrarians to hate?
>>
File: chad daddy.jpg (52KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
chad daddy.jpg
52KB, 900x900px
>>3598768
Arcade elitists say that the first two games are better. Meanwhile, you have
Nintendo fans claiming this is best. Both camps are retarded, as the actual
greatest GnG title belongs to the non-retro PSP game, Goku Kai.

SONY ALWAYS WINS, BAYBEEE
>>
>come back after two years
>/vr/ has almost gotten as shit as /v/

what happened
>>
>>3598845
Backseat moderation and bogeymen
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>3598829
>handheld 'gaming'
>>
File: 2vucvht_th.gif (483KB, 141x141px) Image search: [Google]
2vucvht_th.gif
483KB, 141x141px
>>3598829
>greatest GnG title belongs to the non-retro PSP game, Goku Kai
This guy knows what he's talking about.
>>
File: 0603.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0603.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
>best game comin step aside
>>
The fuck does "tighter gameplay" even mean. Break those terms down into strict definitions.
>>
>>3599842
It means that the game is more rigid and precise in its controls, and the game is balanced around it. Castlevania 1 for instance; Simon is slow, his jump is fixed, and his whip isn't that fast. However the entire game is balanced and designed around his controls, making it "tight".

Dawn of Sorrow inversely has more flexible jumping, animation cancelling, and more options in how you can play the game.

Basically, a "tight" game is more consistent and predictable.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.