[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best retro Mecha games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Mecha -2.jpg (184KB, 1299x877px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha -2.jpg
184KB, 1299x877px
What are the best retro Mecha games?
>>
>>3591206
Super Robot Wars, Armored Core, Frame Gride, Omega Boost, Gundam Battle Assault 2, Tech Romancer, Armored Warriors.
>>
File: ranger-x-usa.png (344KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
ranger-x-usa.png
344KB, 358x500px
Ranger X
>>
File: Mironga.png (118KB, 256x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mironga.png
118KB, 256x400px
>>3591206
Does that mecha have the same designer as Mironga? They look really similar.
>>
>>3591206
Cybernator aka Assault Suits Valken
Gundam Wing: Endless Duel and its "sequel"
Retro Super Robot Taisen games https://youtu.be/fCOacUfMn_o?list=PL7E3F4E2C31BE242E

This is where my knowledge ends.
>>
>>3591213
I never got the hype for that game. Excellent graphics, but half-empty gimmicky levels and no level design at all.
>>
>>3591220
Played for the first time earlier this year actually. I liked it. Definitely didn't match the hype but was far from a bad game.

>>3591206
Also:
Gundam Side Story
Bulk slash
>>
>>3591217
you best extend dat SRPG knowledge
>>
Mazin Saga on the Genesis/Mega Drive.
>>
>>3591447
It's not bad, it just has this arcade-ish feel, and a very average gameplay really, aside for the vehicle… The primitive platforming and level structure, absolute linearity of level design, virtually no exploration, collectibles, upgrades and such. Weirdly, it reminded me more of R-Type than anything else. Except R-Type felt more thought-out and offered more upgrades to try.

It gets so repetitive that one of the stages got me thinking that I was playing the game wrong—I am talking about the one with the tall skyscraper. It went on and on, pitting me against the same enemies over and over. I almost thought it was some kind of loop like the last stage in SMB.

All of this felt surprisingly archaic in a bad way… I mean, I compare it to Cybernator, and the latter feels so much more advanced compared to it—very enjoyable aiming, the shield, the upgrade system, the enemies and the levels requiring different tactics, not to mention the plot and a variety of different stage types. They feel like they are games from different generations. All while they came out roughly at the same time.
>>
>>3591206

Just got an Everdrive 64

Been very pleasantly surprised by Bangaioh and Last Legion. I'm a westaboo and can't read moon and even so I'm having tons of fun.

I also like the NOT RETRO Super Robot Taisen J translation for GBA. Great music, fast-forwardable dialogue.
>>
Night slave
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.