[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Americans think this is an obscure system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 41CYNQX7VNL._SY400_.jpg (27KB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
41CYNQX7VNL._SY400_.jpg
27KB, 352x288px
>Americans think this is an obscure system
>>
>>3591069
Here's your (You)
>>
>>3591069
And average hipster Americans think that that everything is garbage compared to the Super Nintendo.
>>
>sega
>obscure

when will you guys stop with the inferiority complex
>>
>>3591069
>Yuropoors think anyone played Master System except them
>>
>>3591109

Don't forget about Australia
>>
>>3591109
Europe is the centre of the world. Also sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my Arcade conversions and non kiddie platformers.
>>
>>3591069
I keep seeing master system games dirt cheap. What are some must haves that are still worth getting today? Is there enough to justify buying a console?

t. guy that had a NES
>>
>>3591117
If you have a Genesis and a flash cart you can play Master System games that way.
>>
>>3591115
>non kiddie platformers.

Alex Kidd and Wonder Boy, they're good games.

also

>mark III arcade conversions
>2016

kuk
>>
Oh look its another bait thread attracting memesters.
>>
>>3591117
>Is there enough to justify buying a console?

Yes as long as you pick a Japanese/European/Australian system. Or some sort of converter.
>>
>>3591127
Japanese games require a converter for US/EU systems, but US/EU games will play fine on the opposite region. It's how my MS library has some of the better later releases.
>>
>>3591158
Then he can buy whatever he wants because literally every jp game that didn't rely heavily on text had a Pal release.
>>
>>3591158
Don't the US/EU games are sped up/slowed down when you use them, on which console other side of the pond?
>>
>>3591123
>you can play Master System games that way
Can I also get FM sound?
>>
>>3591195
Nope, if you want to play with FM sound, these are your only options, as far as I know:

- Japanese Mark III with FM Expansion
- Japanese Master System (FM is built in)
- Overseas Master System and mod an FM expansion into it
- Emulate
- Recently you've been able to buy an aftermarket power base converter with FM, letting you play SMS games on your Genesis/Megadrive with FM sound. Google "Power Base FM".
>>
>>3591069

except nobody thinks that, so the entire premise of you thread is bullshit
>>
>>3591086
It's sad that they can't see beyond the stockholm syndrone they got from a convicted monopolist that srictly limited the supply of games and prevented most games appearing on other superior systems.

Their last Master System game was Sonic 1. That's insane. That's when I consider the Master System was just getting going and the real impressive titles starting coming out.

>mfw when Americans worship the NES because when Nintendo raped them all those years it told them it loved them.
>>
>>3591235
For united states no one had segas until dat genesis
>>
>>3591247
In the rest of the world noboy had Nintendos until SNES. It's funny that way. The SNES vs Genesis war was honestly very good because it was so balanced.
>>
>>3591253
>In the rest of the world noboy had Nintendos until SNES.
>What is Japan
>>
>>3591258
An extremely strange place when it comes to the 3rd/4th/5th gen. The only thing that made logicial sense there was when XBOXHUEG tanked.
>>
>>3591187
No, the carts are exactly the same. The speed difference is caused by the console. All of the games, even the ones only released in PAL territories, run optimally at 60hz.
>>
>>3591330

So for example, code wise EU sonic 1 vs US sonic 1 would play exactly the same on a US master system?
>>
>>3592187
Yes. They're exactly the same. A game like, say, Ninja Gaiden, that was never released in the US, will also play properly on a US Master System. I play Master System games on a PAL60 Mega Drive with a Master System converter. I guess Sega just looked for consistency, rather than altering games seemingly at random, and in random ways, like Nintendo did for the NES.
>>
>>3592187
Sonic 1 is actually a special case, where even the packaging is identical between PAL and US. The only difference with the American version is that it had a US barcode sticker placed on the back.

There are, however, some EU-made games that don't work properly on the US Master System, but there aren't many of those.
>>
>>3592518
Those are mostly Tectoy games like Street Fighter II and Virtua Fighter that were only released in Brazil.
>>
>>3591069
Who thought it was a good idea to put the pause button on the console?
>>
>>3592761
This was back when kids would sit right in front of the screen, no one sat on a chair in those days to play vidya james
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.