[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was a Kuwanger /vr/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: boomer.jpg (217KB, 691x921px) Image search: [Google]
boomer.jpg
217KB, 691x921px
What the fuck was a Kuwanger /vr/
>>
It is concerning how small of a vocabulary kids have this days.

> Boomer Kuwanger (ブーメル・クワンガー) is a Maverick in Mega Man X based on the stag beetle ("kuwagata" in Japanese).
>>
>>3591036
The majority of the (Japanese) Maverick names in the MMX games are corrupted forms of animal names. In this case, Kuwanger is based on Kuwagata, which is a stag beetle. Many of the names were changed to be more simplistic in the US version, such as altering Icy Penguigo to Chill Penguin, but Boomer Kuwanger was one of the few that wasn't changed.
>>
>>3591045
>altering Icy Penguigo to Chill Penguin
That explains why that penguin isn't chill at all
>>
>>3591036
>>3591042
It's also a portmanteau of boomerang-er and Kuwagata
>>
>>3591036
>i just watched game grumps
>>
>>3591161
That's /vr/-- grumpy old fags and underage bans who only care about retro games because people on YouTube play them.
>>
>>3591042
Yes, very concerning that all people don't know what stag beetles are called in Japan.
>>
>>3591393
It wasn't always like that. The repeated in/v/asions eventually drove away most of the real fans.
>>
>>3591045
>Kuwanger is based on Kuwagata, which is a stag beetle.

MMX2 had Flame Stag. Why did they recycle the same animal for the sequel?
>>
>>3592154
>>3591393
>>3591161
I remember people asking what the fuck a Kuwanger was back in the 90s. Are you people serious with this shit? In a video game where all the bosses are named after animals, they give us a bug and don't even bother to translate his name to something non Japanese speakers would know.

>>3592330
Stag beetles and Stags are two different creatures
>>
>>3592338
Coulda just called him Boomer Beetle or something like that

I think boomer kuwanger is a rad name though
>>
>>3592456
Funny how he was renamed in Maverick Hunter X... to Boomerang Kuwanger.
Yeah, the boomer part was hard to understand, not the kuwanger.
>>
File: ULUS10068_00000.jpg (178KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
ULUS10068_00000.jpg
178KB, 960x544px
>>3592456
It really is a rad name.

>>3592459
I've beaten MHX and didn't even notice this. I just fired up the emulator to check.

This is hilarious. Come the fuck on, Capcom.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.