[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the purple arrow on SNES boxes Why was it higher on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 19728front-7807.jpg (534KB, 2100x1544px) Image search: [Google]
19728front-7807.jpg
534KB, 2100x1544px
What was the purple arrow on SNES boxes
Why was it higher on some games and lower on others.... I don't think it correlated to anything, did it?
>>
I have no idea, but they were on the cartridge labels too.
>>
Westerners had a lot of trouble figuring out how to insert their cartridges; this was simply there to help.
>>
>>3590507
americans aren't very smart, the arrow is there to help them to insert the cartridges correctly

japanese and european boxarts don't have that
>>
>>3590545
>>3590785

>positioning the cart
>it's a box

Maybe it's there to help clerks position the boxes on shelves? iono.
>>
The purple arrows are placed on the box to aid non-Japanese players in properly inserting the game cartridges into their control decks.
>>
It was actually placed on the box as a guide to help western games with inserting their game tapes into the super nintendo player, desu
>>
It was put there to assist USA gamers with placing the SNES game into the SNES system
>>
The colour of the triangle signifies what region that particular copy is for. It was mostly a thing for Europe. Every language has a different colour associated with it so they could know which manual to pack in. You can still see it on the spines of modern Nintendo cases.
>>
It's actually an extremely rare box art variant. And depending on the shade of purple, and the height of the arrow(of course), I've seen that 300$ cib copy x2 go for as much as 6000$.
Also originally it was the going down meter. Like on megaman x2 for snes the arrow is low to signify that shit is really going down in that game.
Like "this shit cray", you can also look at other boxes for games such as chess master where the arrow is really high up on the box to signify that not much is going down.
>>
>>3590814
Please don't refer to the Game paks as "cartridges"
>>
File: 484670758.jpg (195KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
484670758.jpg
195KB, 416x416px
you're all retarded beyond belief, there is zero meaning, it's just the base backing art used on all the boxes, the triangle, rectangles and dots are a slightly more modern version of the 80's line art shit. pic related and what you see on the box was very common for the time.
>>
>bongs and eurotrash trying to take the piss
>insert the box into the system

Lol, what a bunch of inbred retards. No wonder you losers can't make any games outside of rare.
>>
>>3590507
It's probably instructions for someone who handled the game prior to the consumer. Instructions on how to fold the box, which manual to pack in, something like that
>>
>>3591156
Cassettes*
>>
>>3591229
Sir, they are called tapes. And it doesn't matter if it's sega or Xbox or PlayStation or neo geo, it's all Nintendo tapes.
>>
File: tapes.png (146KB, 511x337px) Image search: [Google]
tapes.png
146KB, 511x337px
>>3591275
What's that, ye wanna buy some tapes?
>>
The arrow represents the dicks SNES fans constantly gargle.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.