[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dat perfect atmosphere more like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9

>dat perfect atmosphere
more like this?
>>
File: MediEvil_2_Cover.jpg (77KB, 442x450px) Image search: [Google]
MediEvil_2_Cover.jpg
77KB, 442x450px
>>
>>3588389
I personally think that MediEvil 2's atmosphere just slightly edges out 1's.
>>
Demon's Crest from SNES had flawless atmosphere.
>>
>>3588374
The Kingsfield series.
>>
>>3588374
How come Sony never pushed Sir Daniel Fortesque harder? He's honestly perfect mascot material.
>>
>>3590918
I agree. Aside from the atmosphere, it's a really nice-looking game, overall. Too hard for me to finish, though.
>>
File: Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg (112KB, 380x384px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg
112KB, 380x384px
>>3588374
>>
File: 1Resident_evil_platinum_palds.jpg (531KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1Resident_evil_platinum_palds.jpg
531KB, 1024x768px
>>3591935
yes bro

but I raise you this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ziSjc4F0z4
>>
>>3591063
They already took a shit on him in the PSP remake in the 2000s by Dreamworkin' it up with lame humor and lighter atmosphere.
>>
File: go-on.gif (723KB, 468x244px) Image search: [Google]
go-on.gif
723KB, 468x244px
>>3590904
Eh. The steampunk treatment was already a bit boring even back then, but swapping the setting was probably the right decision.

I like the original's edgy-yet-wholesome brand of dark storybook fantasy better myself. Also, the 1-time-only health fountains in the sequel were somewhat jimmy-rustling

>>3591063
Well, he is kind of a Jack Skellington ripoff
>>
>>3593360
Whats going on in that gif and how can I help
>>
>>3588374

Jersey Devil comes to mind, as well as Mr. Bones. I'd also recommend the Maximo games, even though they aren't retro.
>>
File: 1476165103757.jpg (101KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1476165103757.jpg
101KB, 650x650px
>>3588374
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpP78W9NbTI
>>
>>3594146
Playing through this for the first time and honestly, FUCK the ant caves and FUCK the lake level.
They really should give this game some sort of overhaul ala Ocarina of Time 3D (but with camera controls, of course) instead of changing into a DreamWorks movie for the PSP remake.
>>
>>3588389
I wish there was a MediEvil 3.
>>
>>3588374

Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver

Incredible atmosphere, music and voice acting.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
Tenchu was fucking brilliant at making the Asian architecture and landscape into something that seemed like an actual village at night that you're sneaking into. Some of the best atmosphere on Playstation along with Spyro and others
>>
>>3593718
Jack the Ripper (who is apparently a green satyr with giant knives for fingers) is stalking Dan's love interest (for what little that means, considering she doesn't really do all that much in the story or have much chemistry with Dan), Kiya.

Jack actually kills her right as Dan comes to her rescue. Jack escapes, Dan gets depressed and gives up on stopping the main villain, and runs away into the sewers. While there, Dan discovers that one of his allies, a benevolent mad scientist, had invented a faulty time machine. He finds it in a museum, repairs it, and goes back to before Kiya died to fight and kill Jack. After saving Kiya in spite of the grandfather paradox, Dan promptly goes on to commit the cardinal sin of time travel (touching himself) and gets a suit of glorious golden armor out of the deal.
>>
>>3591935

This is also good if you want a more traditional Castlevania experience.
>>
>>3588374
the insane aslyum level was incredible. I miss this game.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.