[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street Fighter Alpha Series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: ZangiefSFA3Max.jpg (355KB, 910x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ZangiefSFA3Max.jpg
355KB, 910x1200px
Who is your favorite fighter?

Which game is the best?

Why are the fighter portraits so retarded looking in Street Fighter Alpha 3?

This is not a Saturn v. Playstation thread. The arcade versions are the best. Take that shit to every other thread on /vr right now.
>>
>>3587719
A friend gifted me alpha 3 a few daya ago and I only got a chancr to play it yesterday. Man I am terrible and no idra of how to figure out what combos into each other. Seems like a lot of fun.
>>
Alpha 2 a best

Akuma all the way
>>
>>3587719
This series was beautiful. I prefer those simplier and yet charming sprites to the more detailed ones from III.
Dan is my jam and, while 2 is superior, 3 will forever be my favourite. Alpha 3 MAX and SFA Anthology are the shit.
>>
Alpha 3
>>
Akuma if I want to breeze through the game, Adon or Rolento if I want a challenge. Alpha 3 a best.
>>
>>3587719
I still don't know why the fuck is that blood spurt on Zangief's head
>>
I've been playing through the alphas recently, so I will answer most of my own questions to contribute.

My favorite fighter is Sodom because he has great distance, powerful attacks, really damaging special throws, and can be used to press an opponent into making a mistake easily.

I have been recently playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 Saiko edition for the Dreamcast and Street Fighter Alpha for the Playstation. While Alpha 3 has much more fighters and a more details on the background, that's actually why I like it less. The alpha series is great with minimalist art design and has many new fighters. By contrast, most of the additional Alpha 3 fighters are just reskins of their SF2 selves.
>>
>>3587719
Alpha 2 is my favourite. I main Zangief and Dhalsim as I do in almost every Street Fighter.
>>
File: sf3 char chart.png (88KB, 1588x1199px) Image search: [Google]
sf3 char chart.png
88KB, 1588x1199px
>>3587719
>Who is your favorite fighter?
Sagat
>Which game is the best?
Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper
>Why are the fighter portraits so retarded looking in Street Fighter Alpha 3?
They look funny to me

Also how is pic related allowed? why did the inferior versions of most fighting games get these extra characters?
>>
>Who is your favorite fighter?
Sagat

>Which game is the best?
Alpha 2 but Alpha 1 is the my most nostalgic SF game

>Why are the fighter portraits so retarded looking in Street Fighter Alpha 3?
Capcom was trying to hard to be all serious.
>>
Anyone here play these on fightcade?
>>
>tfw own the Asian Zero 3 CPS2 board
>all these guys going
>Sodom
>Sagat

Buncha faggot try hards without going for the too obvious Cody or Karin.

You won't know true satisfaction until you crush a Sodom player with R. Mika.
>>
File: art_sodom.jpg (88KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
art_sodom.jpg
88KB, 600x800px
Fave character is Sodom. Can't believe Rolento and Birdie are on SFV, but not Sodom. Sodom is probably the only grappler character I enjoy playing, period.

Objectively speaking though, it's Akuma.

Favorite entry is SFA2, 3 is pretty good as well, I just felt they added a lot of random ism gimmicks but the game doesn't feel as polished as 2, might be just nostalgia speaking though, Alpha 2 was one of my most played arcade games when I was a lad.

inb4 that one anon who always posts the Rose CC webm.
>>
>This is not a Saturn v. Playstation thread
Obviously. Nobody would even bother talking about the butchered Playstation X port.
>>
>>3587721

http://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/564869-street-fighter-alpha-3/faqs/4813

That should help you out.
>>
I like zero 1 the best. It plays the nicest. Never liked the later custom combo system much. It turns the game into a rushdown orgy.
>>
aesthetic: akuma
play:
3 sodom. that move where he just rubs you against the concrete
2 guy. you want to cover the screen, forget chun-li
1 gen. 2 fighting styles and the nastiest anti-air super~
>>
Made me smoke and I hate but love it
>>
>>3587857
Because they could
>>
>>3587719

> Ken (gold outfit)
> Alpha 3
> Because they had fun with it.

X-ism all day err day. That lvl 32 dragon punch would take out half a meter and had like what 2 frames before hitting?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.