[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best all-around portable emulation options

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 4L_dXnwhbXK.jpg (136KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4L_dXnwhbXK.jpg
136KB, 707x1000px
Hey /vr/ I'm planning on traveling a lot and I want to bring some vidya with me, what are the most comfy emulation/vidya options for me? I only want to bring one device with me, as I don't have a lot of packing space. Should I emulate on an android phone and get a game pad like the moga, or should I get a hacked psp? How does android emulation compare to psp, is one better than the other? How about newer handhelds like 3ds and vita, has anything topped the options that psp has?

I'm currently rocking a ds lite with a super card ds two but I'm looking for something with more power.
>>
If you have the options, a 3ds can become one of the best portible emulator boxes out there. Through modding, you can inject your own roms into nintendo's VC for NES/GB/GBC/GBA/Game Gear as well as SNES if you have the "new" version. And if you don't like injections, homebrew apps exist like retroarch. Heck, with retroarch on a n3ds, they starting getting ps1 emulation to work.
>>
You're saying you aren't going to bring an Android phone and/or a laptop with you anyway?
>>
>>3587710
Also, you can get your ds flashcart to work on the 3ds as well.
>>
>>3587675
Disgusting pic, bro. Get lost.
>>
File: 2016-10-28 14.11.35.jpg (3MB, 2981x1676px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-28 14.11.35.jpg
3MB, 2981x1676px
I have a first model PSP with emulators. I haven't used it in over a year but recently just had a trip across the USA. I was able to put the entire NES, SNES, Gameboy and color, AND Genesis library on my card (more if I get a bigger card). And my battery life is still 7 hours fully charged. I played that fucker the whole 5 hour flight and then some on public transit. I still think the PSP is the best depending on your console play. Obviously everyone has already mentioned that N64 is pretty shitty on it plus SNES problems but other than that I think it's pretty much perfect (even with SNES emulation problems I played SMW for like 4 hours straight). Plus you get full PS1 library and PSP library that run near perfect. The only way I would buy a new handheld system is if android beefs up or another handheld comes along to play n64 library perfect and some Gamecube library.

>Tl:dr PSP is my perfection till portable emulation of N64 and Gamecube gets marginally better
>>
>>3587710
Honestly that seems kinda gimped compared to the emulators already out on PSP, but I guess there really isn't a best option, either I have to choose between DS/3DS or Vita/PSP still. I know there are some basic emulators for DS on android, can anyone comment upon how well those run on current spec android?

>>3587713
I do plan to, I just wanted to find something more portable than a laptop. My only droid has a cracked screen
>>
>>3587737
This is a cartoon from Joan Cornellà, a catalan comic writer.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Cornell%C3%A0
>>
File: wilco_joan_cornella.jpg (971KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
wilco_joan_cornella.jpg
971KB, 1425x1425px
>>3588192
He also made the cover for a Wilco band's album.
>>
>>3588192
Who gives a shit? It's gross.
>>
>>3587710
I'd be very interested in gg/sms injection but it seems to be elusive so far, something to do with re-encryption.

Any tips or guides?
>>
File: jazzclub_nice.gif (1MB, 287x206px) Image search: [Google]
jazzclub_nice.gif
1MB, 287x206px
>>3588301
>>3587710
Nvm found this:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gg-game-gear-vc-injector-for-3ds.437226/

Looks great if it works...
>>
>>3587742
It can also run PS1 games if I remember rightly.
>>
>>3588198
Grow a pair
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.