[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this morally acceptable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10

File: 20161004_123322.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161004_123322.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>
>>3586926
Repros are scum
>>
At least they come clean about saying it's a repro.
>>
>>3586926
>60 $

even my local retro game store in Cuckada that has ridiculous prices sells this for 45 $ Canadian , and that's like 20 real money dollars
>>
as long as the seller is up front about it being a repro then there is no issue
>>
Selling a repro for anything more than the cost of the parts needed to put it together is pretty shitty.
>>
>>3586926

I guess , but personally if I saw that in a store, they would never get a dime of my business.
>>
>>3586926
its nintendo shit so they know someone will pay for it
i mean damn look how much resellers try to sell ultra common n64 and snes shit
>>
>>3586930
>>3586932
>Uut original

that "N" is entirely on purpose
>>
>>3586956
Go to bed, anon. You're clearly tired.
>>
Yes. If they say that it is a fake and reinforce it all over.

I will never buy a repro, but I know my sister in law was happy to buy Metal Warriors for her husbands father before he died of cancer. His all time favorite retro game, no copies on either ebay or amazon or even local. She ordered it express of that one alifag site and that was that.

I told her about emulators but she really wanted him to get a gift, not a surprise emulator play day.

In CNY I passed by a store called Voltage video games. They use copywritten and tm shit in their store as if they can. To make it worse they had 10-15 reproduction carts marked as legit games. I only ever went once, and in May they had a copy of Conkers BFD complete and when I asked to look inside they said "If I bought it I can". LEL wtf? The store stopped posting pictures of anything cart based, since people called them out on it so much. Fucking (literal)jew that runs it is a scum.
>>
>>3586941
What's wrong with making a profit for the effort you put into creating the cartridge? It's not like you're just selling a download link to a rom.
>>
>>3586967
>It's not like you're just selling a download link to a rom.
might as well be, those carts are cheap as fuck to make and no one individually makes them, it's all chinese orders and shit
>>
>>3586971
You need to stop talking out your ass. The legitimate repros use old games and re-purpose them. Even the chink shit is more involved than that. There are lists on the internet of what games to look out for that have what internals a person needs to make a repro for a handful of cart systems.
>>
>>3586975
you need to do more research, more and more chink shit comes up because of idiots actually paying prices like in OPs image
>>
File: 3,600 dolars.png (649KB, 1591x711px)
3,600 dolars.png
649KB, 1591x711px
Is this moral?
>>
>>3586976
No. Sorry. I am sure others will back me up. Go do some research. Maybe find the list you ignored that I mentioned.
>>
>>3586997
no. sorry. i'm sure idiots like yourself will continue to buy shit repros though
>>
>>3586993
IM LITERALLY FACEPALMING RIGHT NOW!
>>
>>3586993
how do these work?
>>
>>3586936
Yeah it really shows we're the real cucks here in the United States of Latin America.
>>
>>3587118
super gameboy with the game soldered in it. Yes its retarded. If its not that then its a custom board which is unlikely
>>
>>3587128
>>3586936
I don't think social commentary is for either of you.
>>
File: 1449380149405.png (85KB, 219x229px)
1449380149405.png
85KB, 219x229px
>>3586926
Fellow Calgarian. Y'know whats funny, I was there while the guy was selling that to them. I told them it was a repro and the guy selling it acted clueless. Fucking piece of shit.

Buy and Sell overprices alot of shit. Gotten a few deals before but damn everything is usually ebay or more.
>>
Yeah, selling bootlegs at a store is shady as fuck. Here's what you do. Go up to he shopkeep, tell him to take that shit out with the threat of intact in the police regarding the sale of bootleg goods, and if that doesn't work, start to REEEEEEEEEE at him for intimidation and call him reseller scum. Typically the reseller does not like to be named so calling him as such will often make him comply.
>>
>>3586926
Yes. Earthbound is fucking expensive and only collectors buy it. If you just want to have a copy of it to play on official hardware and don't like the extra steps involved in flash carts (boot console, select game, boot game), repros are where its at.
>>
Of course it's moral. You're 100% free to make shit like that and sell for much much lower.
The idiot is the one buying it, not the one selling it.
Capitalism, baby.
>>
>>3586926
No.
Just download the ROM of it and play on an emulator. OR Flashcart.
>>
>>3586926
If they are up front about it being a repro and emphasize that it's not original then I'm ok with it.
>>
>>3586967
>What's wrong with making a profit for the effort you put into creating the cartridge?
Did you pass a portion of those profits on to the romhackers?
Did you pass a portion of those profits on to the translators?
You're making profit for burning someone elses work onto the cart.The "effort" you put into making the cart is (if you're not retarded) 30-40 minutes. The amount of work the romhackers and translators put in greatly outnumbers what you did. In amount of time and skill required.

Stop defending shitty, stupid behavior like this.
>>
>>3586993
Wow thats fucking retarded. My local retro store has a copy of Zero Misson on a cart for like 30-40 bucks and even I think thats a bit high
>>
File: IMG_5107.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5107.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Is this moral?
They pay $388 and $467 dollars for this carts
>>
>>3587118
Dunno, but it's definitely not 4,000 dollars worth of work. It's at most 200 or 300 dollars for all of those. That's counting the custom boxes and logos.
>>
>>3586926
>ripping off collectors

There's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>3587909
people pay for it so someone will make it and profit. everybody that truly deserves money for it is no longer or never was able to make any money of it from a legal standpoint anyway.
>>
>>3587187
Buy and Sell is a real mixed bag. Their retro stuff (retro by this board's definition) is terribly overpriced, no exceptions. But for 7th gen stuff they usually underprice by quite a bit (I got the PS3 version of The Orange Box for $5 there, that game's $30 used normally for some reason). Also, about a year ago they were basically giving sixth gen stuff away. Built up most of my PS2 collection from them.

So depending on what you're looking for it's either great or terrible. But hey, at least it's not fucking Video Game Trader.
>>
I fingered Ian Ferguson in a nightclub once...
>>
>>3588581
got a vid?
>>
>>3586993
just know that someone has the money or is planning to save up for that garbage!
>>
File: 1464408859133.png (321KB, 480x650px) Image search: [Google]
1464408859133.png
321KB, 480x650px
>>3588485
I dunno its mostly pretty shit considering they don't clean the carts at all, and they put the fucking sticker on anything to hide imperfections/flaws.

also
> mfw video game trader
those guys are fucking jews

I'm starting to get out of collecting and selling a lot of my setuff now, the whole retro game thing is getting retarded and I don't even want to be a part of it. I think eventually I will sell 90% of my games while people are still fighting tooth and nail to get them and I will just get flashcarts.
>>
>>3586926

If they're honest about it being a bootleg then it's on whomever buys it
>>
>>3588581
You said this last time, care to tell the story? I always thought he was a bit fruity.
>>
>>3588421
Reverse shitposting is still trolling.
>>
>>3587187
lol what shop is this? Video Game trader? what a low...
>>
File: thebest.png (16KB, 641x166px) Image search: [Google]
thebest.png
16KB, 641x166px
>>3588587
>>
Overcharging for luxury goods?

Sure. Why would it be immoral? Its not like theyre letting a man die from dehydration because he cant pay $60 for water.
>>
>>3588421
>trading in obvious bootlegs to an ignorant bandwagon seller who'll pay 100's of dollars, without even verifying them

I don't see anything wrong with that
>>
>>3586997
you're right but it's just not true anymore. l like the other guy said, it went to a real interesting hobby for the community to full blow chinkery in the last few years.

just go do any aliexpress type site and you'll find repros and at the volume they have them, they're not NOS.
>>
>>3586956
it says not original
>>
>>3588439
So? It's art. When do you ever price out art? Never.
>>
>>3587909
it's no shittier than playing downloaded roms on emulators...which I bet you do.
>>
>>3586993
>save 400

That doesn't even make sense. He sets the price
>>
the only repro I would buy would be something like Metal Max with the translation patch. It doesn't exist otherwise and I get to play it on my SNES
>>
>>3586926
Well it says not original, so only a sucker would buy this. Can't really fault the owner if the customers are idiots.
>>
>>3588421
that's in Chile, right?
>>
>>3588767
It was before he was internet famous, a couple of years before he started the podcast.
>>
>>3588485
>Also, about a year ago they were basically giving sixth gen stuff away. Built up most of my PS2 collection from them.
cex does that where i live too, ive picked up MGS2 for €3.50, MGS3 for €7, ace combat 4 for €5, viewtiful joe for €4, stretch panic for 8 CENTS, okami for €25, jak and daxter for €8, beyond good and evil for €8 and kuri kuri mix/cookie and cream for €1.50

their gamecube stuff is overpriced though but i did see metroid prime for like €12
>>
>>3590835
Still can't believe how fucking retarded GameCube prices are considering where they were a couple years ago.

On the other hand, it's the one (mainstream) system I'd genuinely rather emulate since Dolphin is mostly perfect and gives you easy access to HD resolutions/AA/widescreen hacks
>>
>>3590883
yeah now with the latest dolphin update it's spectacular
>>
File: 1467749919041.png (298KB, 444x399px) Image search: [Google]
1467749919041.png
298KB, 444x399px
>>3590883
>widescreen hacks on 4:3 games

Yeah seeing NPCs pop out of existence on the side of your screen is a great experience
>>
>>3587909
>>All the hard work the romhackers and translators put into the game.
>>No mention of the programmers of the actual game getting paid or working hard.

Can't make it such clear bait, Anon.
>>
>>3589576
>>3586962
No that anon is right. It's a massive scam.

The only way to know that cart is a repo is from that intentionally poorly written "Uut Original" on the sticker you can barely see. It's worse than fine print. It's Jew print.
>>
Is this moral?
>>
>>3586926
In a world with poverty and violence you retards are angry about a repro cartridge. Fuck off.
>>
File: NOT RETRO REEEEE.jpg (77KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
NOT RETRO REEEEE.jpg
77KB, 1080x720px
>>3591397
Hipsters are so easy to scam.
>tfw I've made some decent dosh by making Undertale mugshots out of Perler beads
Pic related, I fucked it up but still sold it for $30.
>>
>>3591413
How about this?
>>
>>3591413
delet this
>>
>>3591404
oh shit we got a witness here. what a chump. why don't you go cure the world instead of shit posting in a retro game section on an asian imageboard.
>>
>>3588421
that's in Chile, is the euro center
>>
>>3591419
Hm. Is it wrong to be kind of impressed? The details on the carts are pretty good and they are cuff links, so they must be tiny.

I don't know if that price is crazy seeing as any kind of "craft" is jacked up because it takes hours to make that BS.
>>
>>3591419
>>3592364

$30 seems way too cheap to be "handcrafted" just in terms of labor rate, unless they're really fast to make, or she just doesn't value her labor rate (bored housewife?). I wonder what they're made out of.

"Video Game Cufflinks" turns up a few hits on aliexpress/alibaba, but nothing matching those.
>>
>>3591413
m-muh waifu
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.