[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hows this game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

hows this game
>>
Ok
>>
I was let down so hard, I loved the first one and everything about the second one was a let down, except using a bamboo reed to hide in water, that was a cool feature.
>>
>>3586806

Less entertaining than the first, but still one of the better entries in the series.
>>
>>3586806

It had some good ideas it could never fully utilize but I think that's less the developers fault and more the systems

the level editor is ace though
>>
>>3586806
Fantastic, but I never played the first and, as you can see from this thread, those who did were somehow disappointed.
>>
>>3586806
It's pretty good. I don't like it quite as much as I do the original, but that's more a matter of personal preference than anything.

>>3586963
You should give the first game a try at some point. They're very similar, so if you enjoy one of them you'll probably like the other as well.
>>
>>3586806
somehow looks worse than the original and has less of a sense of style. gameplay is still good though, and the level editor is fun.
>>
File: rikimaru_by_scary_panda-d5nbd5y.jpg (445KB, 1024x1017px) Image search: [Google]
rikimaru_by_scary_panda-d5nbd5y.jpg
445KB, 1024x1017px
It's alright, but I liked the first one more. The controls are better and new features and items were added, but I felt like the level design was worse, in order to get Master Ninja rank you must kill most if not all enemies in the level. The unlockable ninja armors didn't look as great as I thought they would (Tatsumaru's armor was fine though).

I was also fairly disappointed by the lack of music in levels, the first game had a pretty good ost.
>>
File: cat_vs_mantis_style.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cat_vs_mantis_style.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>3586806
Tenchu 2 drops the ball hard.

Pros:
>more levels, more bosses
>more characters with own storylines
>much harder to get Silent Assassin
>added features like swimming, moving bodies, sheathing your swords, more stealth kills

Cons:
>NO MUSIC WHAT THE FUCK
>extremely annoying looped sound effects (cicadas chirping)
>most missions are more linear
>even glitchier than the first game, phantom alerts and enemies seeing through walls because the engine isn't handling pop-in correctly, daytime missions make the graphical limitations even more apparent
>worse performance
>the new features are mostly half-assed. Dragging bodies seems to glitch up the enemy's ability to even see them in the first place.

Also, I like challenge, but it's really annoying to have bosses at the end of so many levels because they're pretty brutal. You spend all this time trying to be sneaky through the map and then BAM, boss fight, oops you're dead because he crushed you in like 5 seconds, time to replay the entire level.

It's not really a bad game... it just feels like they tried too hard to cram in new features and ending up fucking up the formula. Even stuff like making the blood more realistic ruins the charms of the first one.
>>
Why don't you just call it "Tenchu thread" OP?
Anyway, it's also good.
Tenchu>Tenchu2=Tenchu3>Kurenai>The rest
>>
>>3586806
ITSA PIZZA SHEET
I WAIPE MAH AYSS WITH IT
>>
>>3586806
Shit just like the first.
>>
>>3586806

The last good Tenchu.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.