[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deus Ex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: bomb.jpg (115KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
bomb.jpg
115KB, 1024x576px
What tools would you recommend for a pleb who's never played the first Deus Ex before?
Any needed fan patches/mods like Vampire the Masquerade needs or should it be played completely vanilla?
>>
>>3586704
Unlike VtM:B the game wasn't released in an unfinished, broken state so it's perfectly playable without any mods. GMDX is a solid mod for another playthrough though.
>>
>>3586704
I only play vanilla flavored original, my nigger.
>>
>>3586704
>>3586710
I know this may be considered sacrilege, but I honestly think just playing it with GMDX on is the best way to play it.

In my opinion GMDX goes the extra mile to try and be as unnoticeable as possible while adding a lot to the game. It doesn't touch anything that already worked, and polished up some of the less visually interesting levels.
>>
>>3586731
That was the impression I was getting. I was concerned that the rebalance aspects would fuck the game up if not done correctly. Couldn't care less about the graphics.
>>
>>3586731
I dislike some of the changes it does like running consuming stamina and HDTP models but it is a solid mod overall.
>>
Kentie's Deus Exe launcher is the only thing you need to get the game running properly on modern PCs.
>>
You want to play a game for the first time and you're asking for mods...

Play the game first and THEN ask about mods.
>>
>>3586704
Deus Ex while it should be retro is not retro so out of scope for this board. Sorry. To answer you all you really need is the higher res mods.

For Vampire the Masquerade I assume you mean redemption and not bloodlines since bloodlines is not retro. Id say just get the patch that allows you to save wherever in redemption.
>>
>>3586731
It doesn't fix the shitty aiming system. Should've made it work like Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon or any other non-retarded shooter that use cone of fire.
>>
>>3586854
Deus Ex is not a tactical shooter but an extension of the LGS style of game.
>>
>>3586710
vtmb is playable in it's official release so long as you know when you have to limit the fps so you can interact with stuff correctly
>>
>>3586772
The running consuming stamina actually adds to the game after putting a few hours into it. The HDTP character models, however, are fucking atrocious and should be disabled in any mod that uses them.

Luckily there's an easy button that disables them in GMDX.
>>
Not retro
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.