[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

n64 emulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

is n64 emulation really that bad as they say?
doesn't it run the games at 60fps that usually run at like 20 fps
>>
The problem with it is the accuracy of the emulators themself, half of the games don't work most of the time unless you fuck around with the settings. That is because most emulators for the n64 are only built around certain games to work i.e mario 64
>>
>>3586167
Only Goldeneye has a frame rate fix, that i'm aware of.
>>
>>3586167
You do get speed and better resolution, but:
>display errors and graphical bugs
>bugs in gameplay
>games freezing and crashing, general stability problems
>some games won't boot at all

There's various patches, plugins and workarounds to get specific games to work (with I think different emulators), but it's inherently a kludge.

You will also pretty much need a proper N64 controller, and then a USB converter.
>>
I'd mario party those sticks, if you know what I mean
>>
>>3586183
>mario 64
this works better on an emu, and why no one gives a fuck about porting hacks to real hardware.
>>
The worst is the timing. Usually in emulation it may go fast or slow but it'll all go fast or slow together, with N64 the timing can be variable.
>>
>>3586298

Stop pulling shit out of your ass, there's a lack of support for real hardware because the modding tools predate SD flashcarts by years. When Project 64 1.6 is all you have to work with, you work with it. They would have to basically start developing from scratch to make it work on real hardware (Project64 is THAT inaccurate) and the key players aren't willing to do so. It's not some vendetta they have against the hardware.
>>
>>3586512
it's great, maybe someday we'll get an actual N64 emulator and then we'll end up with a bunch of Mario 64 hacks that won't run on anything but P64, it'll be the new age of ZSNES SMW hacks.
>>
>>3586167
>doesn't it run the games
>games
Yes. It runs at least two games fairly well. Possibly twice that many.
>>
>>3586202
I feel bad for your hands.
And her nipples. Chest. Torso region in general basically.
>>
what the fuck are you fags talking about I use Project64 on dozens of games and it works just fine
>>
>>3586202
I feel good for the two of you.
>>
>>3587026
This.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.