[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ED64 and flash cart thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: ed64.jpg (68KB, 1000x755px) Image search: [Google]
ed64.jpg
68KB, 1000x755px
Got an N64 cart from Amazon for like $50. Haven't tried it yet, but it arrived in like, 2 days. It's an ED64 Plus. Did I fuck up? Sounds like they work fine but have save game issues, which is fine for my use case.

NES and SNES flash carts are so expensive. There are no knockoffs! WTF?
>>
>>3585179
Knock-offs got removed from AliExpress. Why do you think you fucked up? Especially if you're fine with save issues.
>>
>>3585185
Dunno. Are these janky? Will it last? I worry about the off brand ones having some kinda weird issues versus the real Everdrives.

I have a GameBoy one and it's great, but this is the first regualr console flash cart I've gotten, aside from an ancient serial-cable one for TG16 which is unusable by today's standards.
>>
>>3585190
Oh shit, I didn't didn't even realize pic related. I have no knowledge of those.
>>
>>3585190
if you're that concerned anon you should've just gotten a legit everdive. Oh well if this one breaks at least your'e only 50 $ down and can get a real one, if not then it's win-win!
>>
>>3585179
Ooo that's janky. You also might not be completely compatible with the entire n64 library like I am with my official latest ed64 :^)
>>
>>3585179
>don't forget to press reset before you power off the console. It saves everything
People don't do this. You should be fine senpai
>>
>>3585179
I was gonna get one of these but now they are off aliexpress the price has shot up and not about the same as a real one from krikkz,
>>
>>3586058
>krikkz shills
there's some on ebay for like 65$
>>
>>3586119
>shilling
back to /g/ /v/ /b/
>everyone is ameritrump
the ED64 are £75 on ebay for me. and the N64 2.5 is £85. For a tenner I'd go for the real thing.
>>
>>3585190
I've have one for two years, Never had a problem, runs Banjo Tooie and even Conkers Bad Fur Day, Finished Turok last month and I'm about to finish Turok 2 in it, Run perfeclty well, never had a corrupt save with games that dont use the memory card, shit even runs a nes emulator that I play Kirby and Little Samson from time to time.
People need to stop shitting in clones of things that already clone a thing. Its like hating pirates that robs pirates, people glorify Kizz dick because muh offical everfucking drive.
Buy the official nintendo games, these are top notch quality with plastic magic and fucking adamantium materials that lasts forevers.
Too bad I couldnt Find that n64 pic of a cart with a hole in it and it still worked
>>
Had anyone cloned the V3s? Wouldn't mind being able to play Pokémon Stadium 2.
>>
>>3586469
OP here. Loaded it, ran it ,worked. Shits on amazon for 50 bucks. Go get one!
>>
What are the major differences between that one and the current, ED64v3?
>>
>>3586907
I can't seem to find any in function. It works with everything I've thrown at it. Banjo is a big pain in the ass anywhere else, but it works here.

I think the real issue is it doesn't support any of the v3 specific features. I'm told it's v2 equivalent from compatibility standpoint, but v1 on features.
>>
>>3585179
Is your use case 19XX?
>>
File: 1477265063325.png (73KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477265063325.png
73KB, 1920x1080px
I got an everdrive 64 v3. 200 dollars got me every game rom from every country, expansionpak simulation, and perfect save capability. Too bad i lost my n64 in a fire
>>
>>3587028
My use case is allowing people to play this shit, and no one will care about save games as they'll only be there for 10 minutes at a time. Anyway, it sounds like saving isn't actually a problem, they just make it sound like it is.
>>
>>3586961
>>3586469
Ogre battle should work fine right?

I'm guessing the multiple Mario 64 rom hacks won't work on it(or any flash cart for that matter)

Does 64 DD games work with it?
>>
>>3586907
Probably Animal Forest
>>
>>3585190
> uses janky as a word
>>
>>3585179
That looks strange. Does it have the cart connector on the top and the USB connector? If not it might explain why it's cheaper than usual. And if you wouldn't use those features it doesn't make it any less functional.

There are NES and SNES knockoffs. They're called everdrives. I have all the originals krikzz reverse engineered to make them.
>>
File: IMG_20161028_230249.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161028_230249.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>3587957
Ogre Battle Works as seen in my picture
It depends how the hack is done, some hacks use way more that the N64 can handle or need Project 64 proprietary plugins to work at all
But some homebrew and unreleased leaked games works. And you can patch the roms to turn off the antialising, Ive tried my self but I didnt like the result, it looks crispier but the jaggies are kill for me.
Well I dont have a 64 DD, it would be a dream.
>>
Got an everdrive and never looked back. I'm contemplating getting all the cars from krikzz and the conlols to retro game "properly"
>>
>>3588319
I thought flash carts could play n64 DD games as if you had a DD?
>>
>>3588384
You don't even need a DD, they play them natively.
>>
>>3588390
really?? I'm going to download the complete DD rom set and test my self. But it will run without the DD OS?
>>
>>3587957
I've had to resort to running Dolphin to run Wii's N64 emulator to run Ogre Battle 64. I'm guessing there's still no fix for the messed up backgrounds?
>>
The latest everdrive saves stuff in the F-Zero Expansion kit now right?
>>
>>3587957
Loaded Ogre today. Worked fine. Was hammering on Bangai-O, though today. Fuck, this thing is AWESOME.
>>
hey guys was wondering if i could get some help, my everdrive gba arrived today and can't get GBC games to play, even though i put the goomba.gba file in the GBASYS folder it still says i don't have it
>>
>>3589604
>buying a flash cart to emulate
>>
Do I need to do anything special to play 64dd stuff on a v3?
>>
>>3589604
They should work. Make sure you have the right versions of the files for your specific GBA? I dunno. Never had this problem with mine.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.