[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Framemeister

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: xrgb-mini_z01.jpg (79KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
xrgb-mini_z01.jpg
79KB, 1200x800px
I understand spending spare cash on original consoles.

I understand collecting, for whatever reason you may have to want the original games.

I understand wanting to go the flash cart route instead because games are not cheap anymore.

I understand keeping CRTs around and hunting down nice RGB monitors for the benefits they bring.

But I will never understand spending $350 on a box that makes your consoles look exactly like they do on an emulator.
>>
>>3585143
Take it from me
I upgraded from the basic converter to this
It's FUCKING incredible.
>>
>>3585145
What converter? I have one of those rgb to component things for gen 4 consoles, it's alright. I'm really only concerned about lag, wish I could test one out on my TV. I also don't play much PS1 or saturn so I'm not too concerned about the resolution switching problem.
>>
>>3585143
disposable income m8. they don't have to justify the purchase to themselves either
>>
>>3585143
It's insane isn't it.
>>
File: battlestation_equipment.jpg (686KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
battlestation_equipment.jpg
686KB, 2592x1944px
>>3585143
Everyone's situation is different.

>I understand spending spare cash on original consoles.
I'm poor as hell but I kept almost all my old games, as did my cousins which gave their stuff to me as gifts.

>I understand collecting, for whatever reason you may have to want the original games.
I didn't collect, I just ended out with a decent sized library because I can get more fun out of the games than the $5 at best per game a store would give me.

>I understand wanting to go the flash cart route instead because games are not cheap anymore.
I cannot afford any everdrives at the moment, but I already do have a decent percentage of the games I want for all the systems I own.

>I understand keeping CRTs around and hunting down nice RGB monitors for the benefits they bring.
I didn't have a TV, so I needed to use my PC monitors as my screen for videogames, and RGB+XRGB2 was the solution back then. I still am currently using a CRT monitor because I cannot afford getting new modern displays (it is a heavy beast, but widescreen capable of 1920x1200). I see a Craigslist offering of a highly used BVM for $600, which is way too much for my blood, but it doesn't stop me from wanting it.

>But I will never understand spending $350 on a box that makes your consoles look exactly like they do on an emulator.
Somewhat recently, I used a few amazon gift card shenanigans, coupled with bing rewards for more amazon gift cards, plus credit card rewards, and I purchased a Framemeister for well under $100 out of pocket. It is a nice option to play my games on monitors and TVs that do not have a VGA input. I do not regret my purchase, and I have fun with it. I also emulate with my phone and dedicated emulation computer, which is great for those super expensive games and translation patches.

There is not much logic for my insanity, but I do enjoy playing video games. I also like crisper video. It's within my means, and what more needs to be understood?
>>
You can't spell "Framemeister" without "meme"
>>
>>3585143
Considering that the only downside to emulating is input delay, which this thing adds anyway. For the price of this thing you could buy a laptop/pc that could easily emulate everything this thing is useful for.

Either buy a crt or a way to emulate on a hdtv.
>>
>>3585586
Why were you offering your own points towards statements that he understood. He obviously was implying that if it was within your means to have or obtain everything besides the framemeister, that he understood why it might be appealing. So why did you start thrusting your I'm poor and couldn't collect but had the shit anyways in as a rebuttal to his post? It didn't provide any fucking contextual assistance to the only paragraph that actually addressed what the OP was bringing up, which was the last one. Don't blog post.
>>
>>3585143
So don't?

What's so hard about this?
>>
>>3585702
Wow, nice. What kind of meme does the Meister bring inside?
>>
>>3585143
Pretty sure it's only hoarder retards who already pissed away thousands on physical games and hate emulation

I don't understand it either, you could buy like 10 CRTs for $350 and get the same quality
>>
>implying the only difference between consoles and emulators is image quality

I prefer real hardware, because
1. Emulators can have accuracy issues, although that isn't a significant issue pre-5th gen.
2. I like collecting and playing original copies of games.
3. I don't feel as invested or committed to the limitless aspects of emulation. It's overwhelming and my attention span goes down due to all the possibilities of play.
3. I'm fascinated by hardware. I actually kinda like figuring out how to connect devices to my TV with a better picture, or choosing what type of system to buy, or modding my systems. Altering and working around the limited old hardware is part of the fun to me.
I'm not really sure if I should own a Mememeister since I'm not exactly rich, and it really is hard to justify spending that much money on image quality rather than on a current-gen console or even getting a jumpstart of 10 or so games added to my collection. But I certainly do appreciate the added quality. I certainly prefer it to how it was set up before.
>>
File: Playing PC games in 4K.png (265KB, 480x386px) Image search: [Google]
Playing PC games in 4K.png
265KB, 480x386px
>>3585143
The best upscaler you can get is the DVDO ISCAN VP50pro, not the cheapest but one of the best.

And if you have a 4K TV. Combine it with the Oppo BDP-105D and the 4K upscale looks amazing.

Been playing all my retro games and watching my LaserDiscs that way plus 11.1 surround and it looks and sounds amazing.
>>
>>3585143
I use it for game capture and it does a fantastic job with analog hookups, especially if you've got s-video or RGB/scart connections. Not sure it would be worth the asking price just to play retro games on an HDTV, though. I play all of my old games on a CRT anyway.
>>
>>3587242

>11.1 sound

SOmething tells me you're either lying or not quite in the same wage bracket as the rest of us
>>
>>3585143
Not everyone likes big, heavy, noisy, flickery CRTs. And not all consoles have accurate emulators. Upscalers have their place.

The problem with Framemeisters is that they're too laggy. Fortunately, lag-free and nearly lag-free alternatives exist. An OSSC is probably your best option for playing retro consoles on modern displays these days, or will be once they solve their supply problems.
>>
>>3585143
I'm conflicted between one and a PVM/BVM. I'd very much prefer the latter, but finding one in a small euro country is almost impossible and shipping is out of the question.
>>
>>3587271
Excuse me, but 11.1 sound does exist for home theaters now, look up Dolby Atmos Blu-rays or DTS:X Blu-rays.
>>
>>3587271
He is actually a Filipino poorfag. Don't trust that liar and his fake braggings.
>>
>>3585143
both the PVM/BVM route and the upscaler-flatscreen-route are appealing to me that's why i have both.

And isn't
>makes your (really old) consoles look exactly like they do on an emulator
actually really impressive?
>>
>>3585143
you do want a good upscaler if you want to use your huge flatscreen or 1080p beamer for their benefits and still use original consoles.
>>
>>3587293
>ugh i hate crts
>theyre so yucky
>>
For me it's more of an issue of getting to use my actual system hardware (not "close enough" emulator bullshit) and get to actually play on a TV in the comfort of my living room. Retro console games simply don't feel the same or as authentic playing them on some program on your PC. And as for emulating them via homebrew or a raspberry pi on your TV, that shit is laggy as fuck. You'll never be able to play twitch platformers like Mega Man on that shit.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.