[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ebay question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Mmx3_box.jpg (27KB, 435x320px) Image search: [Google]
Mmx3_box.jpg
27KB, 435x320px
i have a mmx3 cartridge that takes like 7 tries to start up properly. is it safe to sell this on ebay if i explain this clearly or is there still a good chance someone will take advantage of the situation and claim foul? i don't want to sully my ebay score.
>>
I wouldn't risk it. Ebay heavily favors the buyer whenever there's a dispute. I assume you've done all the best cleaning possible to try and fix your cart?
>>
Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the cartridge?
>>
>>3585003
This, OP.

Vigorously rub the contacts with a dry Q-tip, then put 99% rubbing alcohol on the other end and vigorously rub the contacts down with that.

Wait for the alcohol to try and see if the cartridge works. If there's still gunk on the contacts, you might need to get a fine emery board and gently rub it on the contacts. I've salvaged a few carts that way.
>>
File: 714hp1eekdL._SY679_.jpg (42KB, 270x679px) Image search: [Google]
714hp1eekdL._SY679_.jpg
42KB, 270x679px
>>3584975
don't pussy around with rubbing alcohol. if you want to fix your shit get yourself some brasso.
>>
Thanks guys
>>
>>3585045
Use this stuff OP. I bought a box of a dozen SFC carts and they were so dirty that 91% alcohol alone wasn't enough. I used a bit of Brasso and all the games work on the first try. Use this stuff when other options fail.
>>
>>3585045
>>3585386
NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Brasso is abrassive shit, rubbing alcohol is fine, also a soft white eraser is good too.
>>
>>3585045
Wipe the brasso off with one of these large erasers, then wipe the contacts down with alcohol to remove the brasso residue and let dry. I've cleaned several games with corroded contacts this way and now they all play perfectly.
>>
>>3585045
Polishing compound is a good way to destroy something when you intend to clean it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.