[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SCART to HDMI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I was planning on using pic related to play my genesis on my hdcrt. Scart rgb to this thing and then to the HDMI slot on my Sega Trinitron. Will this work?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32704949966.html?aff_click_id=c2af82e99f2a45928b56c563a0ee5f33-1476139145666-05927-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=y#autostay
>>
>>3584708
>the HDMI slot on my Sega Trinitron
Sure
>>
>>3584708
If Monoprice has it, get it from there. If not, go with your url.
>>
>>3584708
That adapter says HDMI to SCART, not SCART to hdmi. And there's nothing on the page about it being able to do the opposite. So it won't work.
>>
Just go with a transcoder for scart to component. Even the cheapies work mostly well. Your hdcrt likely has component, right?
>>
^^^^

Yes it does
>>
>>3584708
did some research the other day, apparently it works, problem though is they are made really cheap and have a tendency to overheat
>>
>>3584760
Not OP, but yes, they do. However, they also do some additional processing on both Component and HDMI signals which makes the end result less than optimal. I never noticed any lag as a result or anything like that though.

However, Scart to HDMI does trump Scart to Component on HD sets in this case because there is no loss of sound. Assuming the use of an old console with only a single port and a scart cable which carries audio as well and not some other set-up, anyway.
>>
>>3584708
>hdcrt
Christ....
>>
>>3585329
Solder on audio jacks to the transcoder. Done.
>>
>>3584708
Why not just plug the SCART directly into your TV?
>>
can't be bothered to care about epithets only two people can understand
>>
Just a heads-up, OP, that your HDCRT likely doesn't interpret 240p properly, and that your signal will be deinterlaced and upscaled by the set. That means you're going to get about 1-2 frames of lag, which is not necessarily an unplayable amount, but that you will also see a lot of visual errors in games. Alternatively, you could get the image externally upscaled but that method might introduce unplayable amounts of lag.

HDCRTs are great for some games but not most classic stuff on original hardware.
>>
>>3586098
I'm sure his Sega Trinitron can do anything
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.