[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tec Toy is rumored to manufacture a new HDMI megadrive. Here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

Tec Toy is rumored to manufacture a new HDMI megadrive. Here is whats known so far:

The new console will look like the Model 1 Genesis/Mega Drive;
It will have cart slot, SD card reader, HDMI and AV output;
It will come with a classic Genesis three-button controller;
The box will be similar to the one from the ’90s;
TecToy is still deciding on the hardware, however it’s known that they’re trying to keep it as close to the original one as possible;
It will be manufactured in Brazil;
Tectoy won’t manufacture new cartridges;
Games could be released on SD cards;
There’s a possibility that it will play games from other consoles (Probably Master System);
The console will cost R$ 499 (around US $160).
>>
Gonna be cheap shit if its anything like atgames
>>
>It will still be based on FireCore
therefore
>Games will sound like shit
>Savegames will not function, some games with save functions will crash on start
>>
>>3584667
Don't get my hopes up. This sounds perfect. The price isn't awful compared to an HDMI upscaler + flashcart.

But it sounds too good to be true. Something will fuck it up.
>>
I got the component cables from hdretrovision for my model 1 genesis

looks great. But I guess Component is getting phased out these days
>>
>Tec Toy
I'm expecting the worst. Their latest consoles are terrible.
>The console will cost R$ 499 (around US $160)
>R$ 499
Hahaha, what? You can buy a modded PS2 here for less.
>>
>>3584750
I'm not familiar with FireCore or the TecToy LaterDrives, could we rip out the HDMI-out and put it in an original with any success?
>>
File: oceansofliqu.jpg (43KB, 525x524px) Image search: [Google]
oceansofliqu.jpg
43KB, 525x524px
>>3584667
For $160, you'd think it would include something a little more than just a baseline genesis.It damn well better at least play sega CD games of those SD cards.
>>
File: 2011-10-055098mod-L.jpg (94KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
2011-10-055098mod-L.jpg
94KB, 449x600px
And for $160, it would be fitting for it to include a VGA port or something. Which wouldn't even matter anyway if it isn't a faithful reproduction.
>>
>>3584734
nah as much as I like to rip on brazilians tec toy is actually pretty legit
>>
>>3584667
Tectoy has been making Sega consoles since the 90s right?
>>
>>3584667
>Here is whats known so far:

No one gives a fuck and you should kill yourself you neo /vr/ fuckass.
>>
>>3584770
>Hahaha, what? You can buy a modded PS2 here for less.

Haha, PS2?! We're up to the PS5 here in the civilized world!
>>
>>3584960
Rude
>>
>>3584919
Sorry for bursting your bubble but this isn't the same Tec Toy of the 90s, anon.
>>
Is Brazil worse than Russia when it comes to games?
>>
>>3584753
Its made in brazil. Fuck up's very own country.
But we shall see how this plays out...
>>
>>3584667
I find it odd that Tec Toy itself has released nothing but a shitty teaser video, but out of nowhere this dude (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xPOi8ajURw) comes with all the info you mentioned in this thread. Why? Why wouldn't Tec Toy itself publish this, instead of making it grow like gossip all over the place?

I don't see how they'll be able to legally release the games on SD cards, if the royalties are the same no matter the format. As far as i know, they're limited to the games they once published in Brazil, and we have no idea how much of the rights are still owned by them at all. The company's too shady about their legal relationship with Sega, leaving the customers to pick up the pieces through their latest releases (which were all emulator-in-a-box consoles, with bad performance, low quality build and deceiving prices).

I'm curious about their product, but i won't get my hopes up until it's released. To quote >>3585024 , "this isn't the same Tec Toy of the 90s, anon."
>>
>>3584667
>It will come with a classic Genesis three-button controller

Why? Some games are nearly unplayable without the 6 button pad.
>>
>>3585667
Most of the games only need a 3 button
>>
File: shodown8.gif (17KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
shodown8.gif
17KB, 320x224px
>>3585675

But every single one works with the 6 button. There is no reason for that except to maybe make it cheaper, but how much money can you save with that?
>>
>>3585714
The 3 button controller is more iconic. The 6 button Genesis pad is also kind of small for even normal adult size hands.
>>
>>3584960
>I am the internet tough guy

Someone had a bad day/life lately?
>>
>>3585714
Actually some games glitch out when i try playing with a 6 button joystick
Idk about if u use a pad
>>
>>3584667
I can almost smell the stench and feel the heat from this steaming turd already.

>>3584919
Legit at making shit

>>3585714
>unplayable
>b-b-but "works with"
Some /v/ tier shitposting there sport
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.