[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disappointing final bosses / levels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: disappointment.jpg (122KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.jpg
122KB, 800x557px
You're playing through a game, each level is cooler and more hectic than the last one. Get to the final level and all hyped for how fun and intense it will be. Then it's a boss rush level and the final enemy sucks.

/vr/ disappointments?
>>
>>3584106
Simons quest Dracula

The game is great up til that point
>>
File: 134.gif (602KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
134.gif
602KB, 200x189px
>>3584106
>final boss is a giant version of you
>>
>>3584106
that looks cool as fuck mang
>>
>>3584108
Final bosses in castlevania are usually shit or dissapointing.
>>
>>3584106
Gradius end bosses
>>
>>3584106
O-Papa ;_;
>>
>>3584119
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbUTj6CR15g

I'll one-up you.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (44KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
44KB, 600x435px
>>3584106
The final boss in Air Combat.

Looked big and cool at the time but it offered little to no resistance, you just destroy a few weak points and that's it. I actually had to pretend it was dangerous in order to extract some enjoyment out of it, and that's all back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2DZtpJV2lo

Devs must have noticed this since this kind of boss got completely overhauled as early as AC3, so that this flying fortresses would actually pose a threat with guns and missiles.
>>
>>3584106

Except that's an epic boss though. I don't even want to spoil it.
>>
>>3584312
This
>>
Sephiroth in FF7 always seemed underwhelming. Might have been because I was obsessive and collected ultimate weapons and KotR and just watched 60 seconds of silly summoning and omni slashing just rip sephy a new one.
>>
>>3584106
Super Fantasy Zone on MD has a shitty final boss too.
>>
>>3584312
the final boss was the stage itself
>>
E.V.O: Search for Eden

still a fun game though.
>>
>>3584312
>>3584590
That's the point. Gradius stages are hellish with pushover bosses. It's the inverse to games with easier stages and hellish bosses.

It's also nice to relax at the end of the stage after going through a bullshit gauntlet. It's a hallmark of the series and a very intentional design choice.
>>
>>3584106
That hulk game on the SNES.
Tough as nails soaked in gravy wrapped in beef jerky.
Finally get to final boss fight. Wail on him mercilessly as the big green monster. Nothing.
One uppercut. Launches him over an edge to his death. The end.
>>
File: 1466050457063-r9k.png (1MB, 1864x3972px) Image search: [Google]
1466050457063-r9k.png
1MB, 1864x3972px
>>3584106
Magical Pop'n

The boss should have been a cute little girl instead of some generic and easy demon dude.
>>
>>3584684
Gradius III's bosses are a bitch though, the boss rush in Gradius II is also tough. He said the final bosses were weak, but yeah they were like that on purpouse, an hellish final boss would be too much
>>
Star Fox Adventures was extremely disappointing. You get harassed by General Scales the whole game and when you're finally about to square off with him Andross shows up and kills him before you get to fight. You then hop in your Arwing and shoot the monkey in the face and hands just like every other Star Fox game.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.