[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Link's Awakening 64

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

Can we have a thread discussing this seeing how its a remake of a retro game via a romhack of another retro game?

Personally I'm pretty excited for it.
Even for his "original" content. Usually that would terrify me, but this guy seems to understand what made both Link's Awakening as well as the 64 Zelda games so atmospheric so I have hopes he knows what he's doing.

Kind of wonder why this wasn't made as a romhack of Majora's Mask though. Seems like still able to do a hell of a lot more than expected with the OOT rom though.
>>
>>3583038
I don't trust it.
>>
>An unofficial remake of a Nintendo franchise which is being actively publicized on the internet.
Cease & Desist letter imminent.
>>
>>3583038

My thinking is that if you're putting that much effort into a mod you might as well just make a new game.
>>
>>3583038
Will it be playable via a Everdrive or emulation only?
>>
so what's the status on it? I'm interested.
>>3583038
>Kind of wonder why this wasn't made as a romhack of Majora's Mask though.
Yeah, OoT's structure and setting would make more sense for a ALttP remake.
>>
>>3583602
Why?
>>
>>3583050
It pisses me off so much when fangame authors choose to be attention whores. When will they learn to keep quiet?
>>
>>3583818
No C&D meaning no wasted talent or fans wanting to play it getting cockblocked.
>>
>>3583818
Why make a fangame when you can use all that talent and time to just make a new game?

Good recent example is probably a (not retro) game called Freedom Planet. It started off as a Sonic fan game, then someone grew a brain and switched out all the copyrighted stuff and made bank off of it.

I'm surprised fangames exist in an age where getting your indie game published on Steam/xbox/playstation is easy as hell.
>>
>>3583830
I mean people like making fan art and stuff, can they not be allowed to make their own interpretation of a game and or a fan sequel or something?
I see your logic and understand where you're coming from, but some people just like these games so much and want to show their love for a franchise, whether doing a full on remake or a fan sequel.
>>
Will get C&D'd instantly now that it's on the internet and if it's anything like the Mario 64 hacks it'll never play on an actual N64 anyway.
>>
>>3583050
This is a romhack though.
He's not rereleasing the game, he's basically just releasing a texture pack of sorts.
>>
>I have been extremely successful and finally have all the knowledge and skill required to make an entire game within the Ocarina of Time ROM as though it was a games engine and not a compiled and finished product.
Ya see, I just don't quite buy this. Sounds way too good to be true. Anybody more familiar with romhacking care to tell us how feasible something like that actually is or is this guy just making up a big story only to cancel the project and create a bullshit internet legend?
>>
>>3583038
Who the hell is Ty Anderson?
>>
>>3584010
Me, baby, me.
>>
>>3583982
>as though it was a games engine and not a compiled and finished product.
I wouldn't be surprised if a disassembly was made like the pokemon games.
>>
>>3583821
Yea, let it die in its own obscurity. So much better.
>>
>>3584053
>Yea, let it die in its own obscurity. So much better.
if its good, it wont die in obscurity
>>
>>3584053
Whore it out when it's finished.
>>
>>3583971
Irrelevant. He's tooling around with a Nintendo property and being a fool by blabbing about it.
>>
>>3584036

I would considering we've heard fuck all about it. Not even Mario 64 is at that point yet and that's with a huge hacking community. My guess is it rearranges some terrain and objects (about as much as is currently possible) but is about 90% texture-based.
>>
>>3583602
>>3583830
I feel this way too, unless it's something really niche, like a grid-based Happy Days tactical RPG. Why make a 3D Zelda game when you can make a 3D game and call it your own?
>>
Hacks that make 2D games into 3D rarely go too far. It's just so hard. It takes a lot of effort both design wise and characterization/plot wise.
>>
Tbqh, I don't trust any Zelda hacks. None I have seen result in much. They're empty promises or get canned. I know at least three different projects to "bring back Zelda 64" but it's all gibberish because they're mixing different builds together. It's impossible to honestly revive any one version of Zelda 64 or beta OOT because we know so little about the versions of the games. Only bits and pieces from different builds, like how the original one was inside Ganon's castle ala Mario 64 and how later versions didn't involve child Link until like a year before release.
>>
Trying to translate a 2D game into a 3D game, especially Zelda, is going to be impossible unless it's a large team.
>>
>>3583050

Why are C and Ds ever a problem for anyone? Just release it on bittorent and TOR
>>
>>3583038
I'd rather have an Enhanced Remake in the style of A Link to the Past, Parallel Worlds, or The Minish Cap.
>>
>>3584631
It's not the C&D letters that are the problem, but the proceeding litigation if you don't in fact C&D.
>>
>>3584714
same. Imagining the Pyramid of Power and gazing at Ganons Tower would be amazing.
>>
>>3566164
Use the catalog.
>>
>>3583782
There's not a single n64 romhack that can be played on Everdrive.
>>
Looks like absolute shit.
And that logo is ridiculous.
Guy's got serious ego and that's never a good thing.
>>
>>3584923
What about Banjo's Backpack? Wasn't that meant to make Banjo hacks easier to play on the original hardware? It would probably take a lot of effort, but I don't see why something similar couldn't eventually be done for other 64 titles.
>>
>>3583789
>so what's the status on it?
Soon to be C&D'd.
>>
Nintendo C&D'd that Metroid II remake even after it got released, right?
>>
Looks like shit m8
>>
I'm pretty sure no Nintendo fan game has ever been finished.
>>
>>3585041
Wasn't Pokemon Uranium finished?
>>
>>3585048

Yep, it got released. AM2R got released also.

And there have been some other Mario 64 hacks that have come out. I think one of them is Mario 74?
>>
File: ahaha.jpg (23KB, 480x472px) Image search: [Google]
ahaha.jpg
23KB, 480x472px
>>3585041
>>
>>3584026
And this is Nintendo coming to sue your Johnny Depp wannabe sorry ass.
>>
Too bad Nintendo is so Nazi about their IP. I'd really like to play the finished game.
>>
>>3586131
I just love how we're all talking about this as if the project's already been killed. It's inevitable, of course, but still.
>>
>>3585041
Now that's just objectively untrue.
>>
>>3584923
What about GoldenEye X and F-Zero Climax?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.