[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreamcast conundrum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Sega-Dreamcast-VMU.jpg (14KB, 412x540px) Image search: [Google]
Sega-Dreamcast-VMU.jpg
14KB, 412x540px
To get the best picture and black levels (and reduce glare) on your TV you must close the blinds and turn out the lights.

To able to see the VMU screen at all the room must be fully lit.

Trollface.jpg
>>
File: pintas QWEAST.jpg (154KB, 598x1063px) Image search: [Google]
pintas QWEAST.jpg
154KB, 598x1063px
>>3583029
I have a light that just stays on over the VMU
get on my level
>>
yo dawg I heard you like controllers so we put a controller inside your controller you you can control while you control
>>
>>3583048
ayo thanks snoop
>>
>>3583052
AYO ITS X TO THE Z EXZIBIT GET IT RIGHT DAWG

memes aside I have a question about VMUs (never owned a Dreamcast)

do they run on batteries or does the controller charge them?
>>
>>3583062
Separate batteries. Watch batteries, iirc don't really remember what ones exactly.
>>
>>3583062
>>3583075
CR2032s. They also don't last very long, the longest they've lasted about a week.
>>
>>3583096
hmm
that sucks
>>
>>3583101
Keep in mind that you don't need batteries in them to save your games, the batteries are so you can use the vmu on its own when not plugged into your controller. Just be prepared to hear an annoying beep every time you power on your Dreamcast if it's in your controller with a dead battery.
>>
>>3583103
are the games you play on the VMU unplugged any good?
>>
>>3583107
I've heard there is a good shmup on the VMU.
>>
>>3583107
Pinta's Quest is good (Skies of Arcadia VMU mini-game). I think TimeStalkers has like 7 VMU games, but I can't say whether those are good or not.
>>
>Not hearing BEEEEEPx4 every time you turn on your DC
>>
>>3583167
The beep's a little longer than that.
>>
>>3583029
Sounds like you have a shitty TV
Sounds like you can't into modding
Sounds like you just arrived from ledit

Mod for backlight and rechargeable batteries.

>>3583107
Nothing great but they're fun to play around with. Sucks you can only have one loaded at a time. The PocketStation was much better hardware.
>>
>tfw finally got my dreamcast online using dreampi but nobody is playing PSO
It's a shame. I've been wanting to play it for years and now I can finally have the authentic experience.
>>
>>3585751
No one is playing on any server? I seriously doubt that.
>>
>>3585751
>not knowing what schthack is
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.