[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GB/GBC/GBA shmups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: spot_nemesis1.gif (26KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
spot_nemesis1.gif
26KB, 480x432px
What are the worth playing shmups for Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance? Trying to get into the genre.
>>
The second gradius is supposed to be good
>>
There aren't any.
>>
File: Nemesis on GBC.jpg (198KB, 1096x1301px) Image search: [Google]
Nemesis on GBC.jpg
198KB, 1096x1301px
I've played a bunch of Nemesis lately, 1CCed difficulty 1, working on difficulty 2 (last two stages are pretty hard).
It's alright but it has a couple aspects I don't care for much.
One is that you can only have a few shots on screen at once (seems to be three) like old arcade games, so it can sometimes feel random whether you'll be able to shoot at something in front of you or have to wait for a shot to be ready.
The other is it's a slow-moving game (to deal with the GB screen, presumably) but to still make it challenging (on difficulty 2 anyway) they designed it so it's full of enemies tracking you in one form or another and it's more about planning ahead to slowly lead the entire screen of enemies around to have a clear path in the future than it is reacting to what's going on at the moment. This also contributes to feeling "random" (not really random) in that future situations are generated by subtle differences in what you did many seconds prior to that.
Also no rear firing weapons so you have to plan to lead enemies that come from behind as well.
I'm more a fan of the way Thunderforce games play so it's not as much to my taste.
>>
>>3582534
why tell lies
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQPEUVBq0AY&list=PLozlgT58fQtdrFcA0o5wfUw_Euc5JyAZT&index=8 solar striker soundtrack is amazing.
>>
There's Gradius Galaxies on GBA, but it's shit.
>>
>GB
ZAS
>GBC
Merlin
>GBA
not retro
>>
>>3582501
>Trying to get into the genre.
Then you should search on other platforms.
On gbc I only recommend R-type dx, aerostar and solarstriker.
On gba there's steel empire and Gradius Galaxies. Things like r-type 3, Phalanx, Star Soldier shoud be played on other platforms.

>>3582579
I think it's very good. Even more if you're a begginer in the genre:
>there's a hint mode if you're stuck on ceitain segment
>you can pick up from the furthest you got
(i discourage this if you're not doing for practice)
>has good graphics, sound/music, cool bosses and not a hard game.
>>
File: cosmo-tank-usa.png (407KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
cosmo-tank-usa.png
407KB, 500x499px
>>3582501
Three different game types in one. It goes to shmup when you travel between planets.
>>
>>3582559
Nice i wanna try this one
>>
Fuck off with the GBA shit
>>
File: 1474090696941.jpg (122KB, 736x487px) Image search: [Google]
1474090696941.jpg
122KB, 736x487px
>>3583162
It's practically retro though.
>>
>>3582501
parodius.
>>
>>3583162
fuck off
>>
>mercenary force
>trax
>nemesis
>gradius interstellar assault
>solar striker
>battle unit zeoth
>twinbee
>r-type DX
>parodius
>aerostar
>project S-11
>magical chase
>xenon 2
>burai fighter deluxe

I'm sure there's more I'm missing
>>
File: GRADIUS_ADV.jpg (30KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
GRADIUS_ADV.jpg
30KB, 480x320px
>>3582501
Gradius Galaxies
>>
>>3586336
>I didn't read the thread: the post
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.