[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird Regional Differences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: dino crisis jap menu.png (466KB, 722x546px) Image search: [Google]
dino crisis jap menu.png
466KB, 722x546px
The ones that aren't translation or censorship related.
The ones that make you go WTF.
>>
>Illusion of Gaia
>Leviathan
>translated as Riverson

Wasn't censorship. That entire game was an amateur hackjob when it came to the english translation.
>>
File: 320px-Silent_Hill-title[1].png (112KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
320px-Silent_Hill-title[1].png
112KB, 320x224px
>>3581208

Title screen in Silent Hill is differnet in English vs. Japanese versions. Japanese has a title screen very similar to SH2. In English however, it's a scene of something, what looks like outside in the fog of the city. Why they changed that is beyond me. Perhaps they felt the title was too bland.
>>
File: Silent_Hill_(PSX)_01[1].png (19KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
Silent_Hill_(PSX)_01[1].png
19KB, 640x512px
>>3581310

Japanese title screen.
>>
>>3581313
japanese menu screens and box arts always have that "less is more" style
>>
>>3581262
I thought it was censorship, trying to remove any religious allusions, which is still retarded because not everyone automatically thinks to the bible when they hear leviathan, but w/e I guess
>>
>>3581313
>>3581310

wtf
>>
When things get moved here and there.
Something I kind of think of are handful of adventure or RPG games.
The weird thing is there are times this is the case, but it isn't even to make it easier or, sometimes, even harder. It's just moved just for the fuck of it. Sometimes, it's even just slightly moved a few tiles or pixels.
I imagine this is probably to avoid bugs or something.
Non-RPG/Adventure Example:
https://tcrf.net/Donkey_Kong_Country_(SNES)
>The second DK barrel has been moved slighty to the right.
For what purpose?
>>
>>3581310
Nothing weird or strange here, happens all the time with packaging art too.
>>
>>3585467
>The midway barrel in Coral Capers is positioned 10 pixels higher than in the original version.
What the fuck was the point of those changes
>>
File: IMG_6314.png (28KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6314.png
28KB, 256x224px
>>3585467
Speaking of DKC (and title screen revisions (AND tcrf)), the Japanese got a much more colorful image heading up the game than the rest of the world.
>>
Ranma 1/2 turned into Street Combat
>>
File: wait-what.png (22KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
wait-what.png
22KB, 256x224px
>>
>>3581310
It's just the American version with this title screen. The European version has the same title as the japanese.

The reason for this is that the North American version was released before any other version of the game, and thus is an earlier build and it has a number of minor differences compared to the JP/EU versions as a result of this.

hi i'm a sh dork just passing through
>>
Persona 1 was fucking crazy. What was Atlus thinking?
>>
File: 618NBD5D3WL.jpg (78KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
618NBD5D3WL.jpg
78KB, 500x492px
>>3586129
Wat
>>
>>3586129
That's how the show was called in UK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py0QpvvJl_s
>>
>>3581208
Want that Regina photo so bad!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.