[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Using Ouya as a retro gaming console

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ouya.jpg (31KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
ouya.jpg
31KB, 950x534px
Anyone tried to turn this into something useful? I backed it on kickstarter years ago. Played for a couple of weeks when it arrived and it's shelved somewhere ever since. I read I can put Retro Arch in it but I'm curious if anyone here actually used this for retro gaming and how good or bad it is.
>>
>>3580938
>I backed it on kickstarter years ago.
haha
>>
>>3580938
https://youtu.be/QY5yG2KyQfM
>>
No.
Dubs.
Feck off.
>>
It's a Tegra 3 so it'll run pretty much any retro emulator as well as any other android, presuming you can install custom firmware on it. Most people who thought buying an Ouya was a good idea can't.
>>
>>3580962
>>3580939
>Pretending you had some idea that the ouya would be disliked.
>>
>>3580963
I knew enough not to fool with it. I bought a Gamestick when you could get the "console" a second controller and a docking station for $20 at Gamestop.
>>
File: no ordinairy wang.gif (34KB, 225x289px) Image search: [Google]
no ordinairy wang.gif
34KB, 225x289px
>>3580938
Did you check out the source ports? Can't it run anything, up to Quake3 engine games?
>>
>>3580963
Call me Nostradamus
>>
>>3580963
Overhyped trash is always overhyped trash. No exceptions.
>>
>>3580963
Dude what? I know plenty of people who could smell the smoke when that thing was funded. Most of them are my imaginary friends and myself, but you get the idea

People with some semblance of intuition had doubts about the possibilities of using crowdfunding to pitch a game console.
>>
>>3580938
I went to the thing where you could play an Ouya because the train station was right across from it. They handed out free beer and more people were interested in talking with each other while Ouya stations were empty. Can't remember what I played but the beer was a nice touch.
>>
>>3580963
FUCKING KEK YOU'RE THE SCHMUCK WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THE OUJA; HAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>3580938
>I backed it on kickstarter years ago.
>Retro Arch

WOW! Double the retard! Have a retron!
>>
>>3580938
>Ouya
It really isn't a good console for anything, consider an alternative.

>>3580963
>tiny low-powered box with shit design and running on Android would be anything but genuinely awful
>>
>>3582291
Being over-contrarian doesn't make you cool, Anon. Tegra 3 is hardly "low powered" and Ouya has a pretty decent controller. With straight Android on it, it makes a decent media center capable of HD video streaming and playable emulation of all /vr/-tier consoles including Dreamcast as you can see by browsing youtube for two minutes.
>>
>>3580938
well i use retroarch on my old sony ericsson phone and its great. seeing as how the OUYA is a powerful phone basically it should work and work better since you'll have higher specs, but I've heard the controller isn't that great. If thats true then maybe you could buy a good blue tooth controller if the OUYA lets you use another controller, not sure.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.