[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never sold anything on ebay before. You have any advice for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: 20161024_120827(1).jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161024_120827(1).jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Never sold anything on ebay before. You have any advice for a guy trying to sell off pic related?

Thanks.
>>
Try to get about three fifty
>>
Take a picture of the front, back, and the PCB. Include a photo of it working. Clean the pins thoroughly before selling to avoid someone getting it and claiming that it isn't working when all they'd have to do is clean the pins.

If they are sought after items, I'd think you'd do well to list as an open auction unless you have a definite amount you want out of them. If any of them aren't as hot or if you have a set price that you want, do BIN with Best Offer option.
>>
>>3580397
wtf are those weird ass speckles in the image, are those ghosts
nigga you haunted
>>
Judging from my vast experience on the retro market, I'd say every game is worth $1.50, but $2 if you're pushing it OP.
>>
>>3580462
Also, pack them well. Wrap them in some bubble wrap and use a decent mailer, don't just try to throw them in an unpadded envelope and call it a day or something.
>>
>>3580397
>You have any advice for a guy trying to sell off pic related?

Yeah don't do it if you ever plan on getting them back. I don't even care about pokemon but I've sold games before that I did care about that cost a lot to have replaced later on in life.
>>
Not OP, Abut I haven't been on /vr/ in a while. Are there no more BST threads? I've sold and bought a few things here with zero issues.
>>
>>3580462
If you want the maximum amount of profit, I'd list it as a BIN. It will take longer to sell, but as long as the price is reasonable and the item is in demand, someone will buy it eventually.
>>
>>3580484
Occasionally, but they die quickly due to general inactivity and getting pushed off by "IS 6th GEN RETRO YET?"
>>
>>3580484
>Are there no more BST threads?

same couple people every time so they never last. seems no one has any games around here.
>>
>>3580493
>seems no one has any games around here.
Or, seems like people don't like posting games they just bought for no reason.
>>
>>3580498
I don't even care about recent buys. I only want to see people's sets and setups.
>>
Yo those pokemon games fetch a pretty penny
I would list them individually
Also wtf is good with that perfect dark game?
>>
File: gameweights.gif (38KB, 565x899px) Image search: [Google]
gameweights.gif
38KB, 565x899px
>>3580397
I used to make my living on eBay, started by selling off my old games then moved onto dropshipping from Amazon and Walmart.com

First of all, if you can help it, don't sell on eBay. See if you can hock these on Craigslist as eBay fees + PayPal fees are about 14% of your profit. Amazon is better than eBay for these sort of things imo too.

Selling games on eBay is only worthwhile if you have a paid account, but it looks like they are offering a free trial right now so that's good news for you.
http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2015/1001/FreeBasic.html

This will save you a good amount in the Video Game category. Check out this calculator to see what you will be netting: http://finalfeecalculator.com/

You should probably list everything individually with nice clear photos that stand out in thumbnail (unlike the one you posted).

You can get cheap bubble mailers on eBay or Amazon. Ship with USPS First Class purchased through eBay. It's fast and super cheap. You don't need a scale, just look up what a GBC game weighs in the attached chart and add an oz or two for the packing materials. You can wrap the shipping invoice around the game for extra protection.

I have only ever done BIN, but I would imagine that it's your safest bet, but auction is probably fine for the more popular games as there is a big demand for them.

I like Amazon better because you don't need to put images up or anything, and they give you a shipping credit that is usually more than it actually costs to ship the item, thus reducing your fees. The issue with them is they take like 2 weeks to get your money whereas PayPal is instant (though if you've never sold on eBay before some of your funds will be held by PayPal).
>>
You know, I'm actually looking for all of those games in your picture.
>>
>>3580545
Then get ready to bid on them for maximum dollar.
>>
>>3580480
This for sure. If you are absolutely positive you don't give a damn about them and will never in your future care about owning them physically again, go for it and follow this anon's advice >>3580462

I've also sold my entire 1st and 2nd gen collection and regret the hell out of it since i've decided to start collecting again and since I miss being able to play them. Those games at 30ish-40 bucks a piece is are bitch to buy back.
>>
I don't suppose there's anyone on here in the Rockford or Chicago, IL area looking to buy?
>>
pokemon shit is hot right now, I'd clean and relace the batteries on the pokemon games and list them in an open auction lot with pictures of the pcbs and new batteries.
>>
>>3580524
/vr/ is very against the practice of selling and helping the retro market.
>>
>>3580397

Gameboy carts like pic related are worth almost nothing, try selling them to someone you know instead, at least you'll get on someone's good side if they're into games like these.
>>
>>3580621
Because they have no games, battlestation threads have regularly have ~30 individual posters with hardware and a tv. That may be the boards entire population though.
>>
>>3580561
I live in chicago. always looking for games that I'd want to play.
>>
Always state the exact condition and state that the item is being sold as is and you accept no refunds, this isnt going to protect you 100% but still put that
>>
>>3580484
There's a large (or at least loud) group of people why trash any topics that talk about physical games. The last few BST died between eBay resellers and this anti-physical crowd shitposting.
>>
>>3580467
lol'd/10

Thanks, anon.
>>
was there really a version of Perfect Dark for Game Boy Color with a rumble feature?

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?
>>
>>3580397
You are reseller scum and you should die on fire.

>>3580467
>wtf are those weird ass speckles in the image, are those ghosts

It looks like the camera lens is damaged.
>>
File: Image.jpg (15KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
15KB, 250x196px
>>3580397
hire a prostitute with big jugs to hold them while you take pictures for the listing.
>>
File: 20161025_225109.jpg (749KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20161025_225109.jpg
749KB, 2576x1932px
how do I clean the connectors on this thing?
>>
File: 1322460831715.jpg (19KB, 264x259px) Image search: [Google]
1322460831715.jpg
19KB, 264x259px
>>3582996
WITH YOUR PENIS
>>
>>3582996
Use 15% hydrochloric acid.
>>
>>3582892
post ebay page
>>
>>3583009
>not using 99% hydrocholic acid
>>
>>3580529
Perfect Dark is pretty good. It plays somewhat like the GBC MGS game. I think its a great game. It also has rumble support, and fully voice acted cutscenes.

Yes. Fully voice acted cutscenes on GBC.
>>
>>3582996
https://youtu.be/j0lc0gEzZxE

Follow this video. Same shit from NES applies to Game Boy. You dont even need to take it apart, just dab a q-tip in the wiemans.
>>
>>3582996
Preferably a lint free swab and some 90% isopropyl alcohol.
if not, q tips and the rubbing alcohol work fine
>>
>>3583078
>not 99% memeing alcohol
>why not just emulate?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.