[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retrousb AVS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 286x176px
Just got one of these a couple of days ago. What are your thoughts on it?
>>
My wife and I love it. It really saves space.
>>
I'm pretty critical of modern "retro" clone consoles but I have to give this thing really high marks. FPGA cloning is theoretically the most accurate cloning possible and I haven't read anything that would lead me to doubt it's the case here. It seems to have a good selection of features that while not as broad as the Jack DIY-NES 2 (its only direct competitor) does include HDMI (rather than VGA) and other such desirable features as a case, a 72-pin NES slot and controller ports at a similar price point.
>>
File: 84920132.jpg (58KB, 301x960px) Image search: [Google]
84920132.jpg
58KB, 301x960px
I love mine. No problems as of yet. Plays all of my games great including the bootlegs I've found over the years and even works with my FDS which is a huge plus.

>>3580341
Not Retron5.
>>
I don't have an immediate use for one but I'm happy to see this sort of accurate clone work being done.
>>
>>3580331
More importantly, what are Pat and Ian from the completely unnecessary podcasts thoughts on this?
>>
I was going to buy one but realized I could download it for free so I didn't
>>
Original or die
There is no try
>>
>>3580536
has 8-bit Brody taken a crack at this topic yet?
>>
>>3580331
The NESRGB is vastly superior.
>>
>>3580672
It's just as expensive if not more so andit still needs upscaling for use on progressive scan displays. They are focused on distinct segments of the market. You can jerk off to your perceived superiority if you want to, being sure it makes your dick bigger and irresistible to women that you never, ever play retro games on progressive scan displays but you're ultimately still all supposed to be bros.
>>
>>3580331
Hipster faggot
>>
>>3580672
Modding a console with a PPU emulator to output a video format it wasn't built to display is far more blasphemous; might as well use a clone built from the ground up for digital video.
>>
>>3580331
Why don't you just emulate?
>>
>>3580536
I think they liked it. More so than the Analog NT at least.
>>
>buying meme machines instead of emulating/flashcarting/remaining pure
>>
>>3581059
Some of the clones are just an NESRGB with NES internals in a new shell.
>>
>>3581097
Then they aren't clones at all are they? And OP specifically asked about the AVS, which is an FPGA based affair.
>>
why dont you tell us fucker
i don't have one
>>
>>3580331
Why not share your thoughts first. Link us to your reddit writeup where you explain how much you enjoy it with your wife's son.
>>
I really like mine, op. It's what I play all my nes games on now. A lot easier to use with my setup and works almost every time (to be fair, my new with blinkinglightwin worked almost all of the time too)
Currently enjoying castlevania 3 on it.
>>
>>3580331
Should have composite output
>>
I'm happy it exists. I'm going to cling to my original NES for as long as I can, but I see this as a great long-term plan for playing original NES games on original hardware in the long run. One day the only surviving NES hardware is going to be behind a glass case, so this will be a good stopgap for the rest of us. I sincerely hope we get RetroUSB style hardware for as many other platforms as we can, and I wish them the best in getting 100% compatibility and accuracy.
>>
>>3580678
>needs upscaling
>>
>>3584126
To be used on progressive scan displays? It certainly does. Not everyone on /vr/ plays their retro games the same way you do, Anon.
>>
>>3584157
No it does, only if you're an american
>>
capped 720p @ 60Hz
UGH
>>
>>3584163
>thinks his progressive scan display has native support for 240p over scart
>>
>>3584169
>wants >60hz out of an NES
>>
>>3580331
I love mine, just wish it could play .nsf, just have to wait until the firmware update, I guess
>>
>>3584169
Anything higher than 720p would've been a major cost increase. He would've needed a much larger FPGA for what is essentially no gain.
Just saying, 720p looks fantastic on my 4k tv.
>>
I'm having trouble getting full audio from Gimmick on mine. May be a bad from though since I'm using the powerpak.

The AVS is pretty good though.
>>
>>3584175
It does
>>
File: 1451766050288.png (9KB, 1351x643px) Image search: [Google]
1451766050288.png
9KB, 1351x643px
>>3584169
>>
>>3584242
Prove it
>>
>>3584196
Top kek kid. He used the cheapest part in the product line and it's under $10, retail. Even much larger parts like the 45 are still under $10, retail. In a device he's selling for around $200, with no controllers. You're literally retarded.
>>
I bought one for my wife's boyfriend. He likes it very much, but I can see a lot of weird white stains on it when me wife lets me look at it.
>>
>>3580331
It is a scam. The CPU was less than 3mhz. It can only show 25 colors at once. It does not need HDMI or the BS sound enhancements it comes with. It also isn't collectible.

You wasted hundreds of dollars.
>>
>>3584757
My Samsung Smart TV accepts 240p.
>>
>>3584196
Of course it does, 4k is an integer scale of 720p. 1080p is not.
>>
File: 1391451952188.jpg (7KB, 142x181px) Image search: [Google]
1391451952188.jpg
7KB, 142x181px
>AVS
>720p

>OSSC
>720p

welp time to default on my stepson's student loans and buy a mememeister
>>
>>3585070
It still runs it through its analog to digital converter and introduces lag.
>>
>>3584757
I can tell by the pixels
>>
>>3585070
You're in the minority, but good for you. Still probably looks like shit.
>>
>>3580331
I wish I can afford one. It seems really cool, especially since my NES died. If I were to sell off all my NES games, I still wouldn't be able to afford one, much less the Everdrive for it. I am jealous of you, because the NES still has my most fondest memories in gaming. I am currently settling for emulating NES games on a PC I dedicated for it (and my phone).
>>
>>3585057
Rad facts sis
>>
>>3580331
Waste of money. It will amuse you a few days then the novelty will fade out and you will eventually realize this is just another useless hyped object in your 'gaming' room.
>>
>>3586215
Well considering I have been playing my games on it the last couple of weeks. I say I have got my money's worth out of it so far. I just like that I can have my friends over to play some Contra, Bomberman, and some Super Mario Bros. now.
>>
>>3586215
Yep
Still playing games past like 16 means youve failed as a human bwing
>>
>>3585910
I support this post - no idea why people make posts like the one you're replying to.
>>
>>3586256
Yes, showing off to your friends is one of the reason to buy hyped toys. I got my parents buying me a Neo Geo back then for the same reason.
>>
>>3585105
fuck that kid, he'll never love you like Mario does
>>
>>3586272
>>I support this post.

I hope this is a joke and you aren't actually that delusional to think that /vr actually gives a shit what you think.

>>I have no idea why people make posts like that.

OP asked a question and the reply answered it. The question was, "What do you think of this console?" He replied, 'It's a waste of money. The upgrades don't improve anything and it is not collectible.' What don't you get? Are you a dumb nigger or something?
>>
>>3585105
>having a stepson
how does it feel to be a literal cuck
>>
>>3585105
WIFES

SON
>>
>>3586892
k...
>>
>>3586357
>>3586892
>>3586954
So much salt in this thread.
>>
>>3586260
human bwing?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.