[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Only OGs who played this game are true retro gamers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: hu2zy.jpg (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
hu2zy.jpg
101KB, 1024x768px
Invited: You played and beat this game

not invited: Everyone else

Share your fondest memories of this game
>>
I totally remember the screenshot?
What was the name of the game again?
>>
>>3579332
Drakan: Order of the Flame

I've never played it, but if it's an action-adventure game where you can ride dragons like I think it is, I need it now.
>>
>>3579102
>you're only a true retro gamer is you played a game released in late 1999
Top kek 90's baby
>>
>>3579341
Rings a bell, thanks!
Pretty much same as you said yourself.
>>
>>3579102
This game was way ahead of its fucking time
>>
I beat it. It was a fun game.
>>
>>3579373
>I beat it
>>
It felt like wasted potential to me, especially when you dismounted to explore.

it would be nicer to have real dungeons to explore and not just brown cave after brown cave full of nothing but barrels and wooden crates. The bigger caves had a gate you could open to let your dragon in, but they just were not satisfying.

I would love to see a modern remake with shadows of mordor style melee combat and exploration, combined with the dragon canyon dogfights.
>>
The dragon combat was too simple, just strafing in circles and shooting.
The regular combat was fun with all the special moves you could do, but most of them were useless gimmicks.
The platforming was atrociously bad.

The levels and music were really atmospheric though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ5izx5vdeY
>>
>>3579102
It was decent.

If anyone wants a differnt game that lets you control a dragon - try "The I of the Dragon" - not really retro (2002 game), but your dragon grows depending on the stats you level (Speed will give you larger wings, Strength - bigger jaw, horns and spike, Magic will alter frame and skin color a bit etc.) Fire, Ice and Necro -dragons all have different sets of magic spells, you have to clear the maps of monsters and their dens while helping humans to build their cities (and occasionally using them as a fre snack if you want to). IMO that's the best "Dragon sim" since DragonStrike.
>>
>>3579531
>"The I of the Dragon"
Thanks Anon, haven't heard of this one before. Will check it out.
>>
File: drakan-cover.jpg (106KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
drakan-cover.jpg
106KB, 640x908px
I only played the not retro sequel.
It was OK.
>>
>>3579550
IMO sequel is shittier than original. Melee combat got buttfucked. If you liked that one, you'll definitely like the original.
>>
>>3579557
Agreeing with this.
>>
File: drakan.jpg (182KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
drakan.jpg
182KB, 1280x1024px
I really liked secrets in Order of The Flame

like hidden toilet on 1st level
if you climb mountain to it - you will "break cutscene" and the orc will spawn after you open door to toilet - overall it looks like orc was hiding inside a pile of shit

at goblin dungeon there a secret underground lake with small sceleton and shortsword named "sting" near it
>>
>>3581564
Are you Russian?
>>
>>3581581
da
>>
Aw, yeah. I used to own the PS2 exclusive sequel (which I never finished, sadly). I've beaten this game earlier this year.
>I've to cheat on one of the puzzles because the ring of firery bullshit seems broken.
>>
>>3579102
No one cared about this game during release, so old timers are more than forgiven for not having played or even knowing this game.
>>
File: drakan (2).jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
drakan (2).jpg
50KB, 640x480px
had this game as free bonus to videocard
>>
>>3579474
>>3579481
>>3579557
Play the sequel on ps2 it's better and the combat isn't bad it's almost the same as the original just fixed
>>
File: 1462784110845.png (432KB, 500x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1462784110845.png
432KB, 500x1050px
>>3584094
sequel have shit-tier music
and you don't even need much melee outside of 1st map to finish the game

only memorizeable place in drakan sequel for me is that fight with ton of sceletons

combat got nerfed very much - the melee with giants in drakan order of the flame - never happens in ancient gates

so sad ... drakan ancient gates was the game made me buy [censored because not /vr/] console
>>
Holy shit I had no idea the PS2 one was a sequel. I liked the game but had my reservations about it (simplistic/small everything- open world/dungeons/combat system)
I was very forgiving of all this because I assumed it was a first attempt at something innovative (flying on dragons and dragon combat? Wuhhhh?!) And it was an early PS2 release so I understood the graphics engine wasnt fully being utilized to its full potential. Now knowing its a sequel I still feel nostalgic to it but now a lot of disappointment too.

>hoping for another sequel but made gud
>>
i saw this was back in the day and ended up playing it on ps2 which had a new chapter. i got stuck in the floating sand temple or whatever cause i never levelled up the time slow
>>
File: Drakan 2016-10-26 22-32-47-82.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Drakan 2016-10-26 22-32-47-82.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
This thread reminded me that I've been meaning to play this.

I'm a few hours in. The game is rough as all hell. But to me, riding a dragon around like a tank-helicopter makes up for it 10 fold.

I put about the same amount of time into Skyrim, but I'm enjoying this much more.
>>
>>3584094
>the combat isn't bad it's almost the same as the original
>almost the same as the original
Doesn't have the leap somersault wombo-combo killer slash.
Dropped.
>>
I played the demo! Loved it but was never able to afford the game, sadly.
>>
Hey I played this as a kid. The beginning scared the shit out of me. Iirc it was super bloody and the dragons handled like flats on a greased slide.
>>
File: 3.jpg (146KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
146KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>3586808
>>3579102

Rynn gave me my first videogame boner.
>>
I remember playing this game and it blowing my mind. I remember going through some portal and ending up in sunshiny tropical paradise world with islands, palm trees etc. It felt the biggest virtual landscape I had ever seen on a computer screen.

I also remember the controls being really clunky, and the game screen was always misaligned with my crt monitor, so I had to manually center the picture.
>>
File: grotto_building.jpg (223KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
grotto_building.jpg
223KB, 640x480px
>>
File: DENMAN_9.gif (30KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
DENMAN_9.gif
30KB, 200x150px
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.