[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro controller to play with emulators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: snes-md.jpg (460KB, 1504x530px) Image search: [Google]
snes-md.jpg
460KB, 1504x530px
So, I usually just use my X-Box 360 controller in the PC to play modern stuff and is great, but oh dear god the d-pad is AWFUL.

Usually it is used for stuff like holster the weapon or simple stuff like that, so that is fine, but I tried to play some Super C yesterday and jesus fuck, the piece of shit does what it wants when it wants, I literally played the first level for 40 minutes and I could NOT beat it because the d-pad would not always respond well (I have 2, is not because is broken), while as a kid with the NES controller I rocked the motherfucker game, hell, with the keyboard I can play better...

Anyway, I see lots of MegaDrive/SNES-like controllers on Amazon/eBay, are these any good? And if so, what brand is good? Some other good alternative to play 3rd/4th gen stuff?

Thanks for any advice anons.
>>
>>3578214

>snes-md.jpg
>it's an nes template

don't ever post shit like this again.
>>
>>3578236
I didn't even look at the name of the file, just downloaded the first random shit I found
>>
>>3578236
I know, right? How dare the good name of the NES controller gets besmirched by the garbage that is the Genesis 3-button.
>>
>>3578286
More like the exact opposite. I can't stand that tiny piece of shit. It doesn't fit well in your hand, and the buttons are tiny (I just got one out and I realized my pinkie is bigger than the B & A buttons). Give me the MD 3 button controller any day. That's one of the best controllers ever.

The dogbone is still too small, but it's alright.
>>
>>3578292
Well enjoy having your face pressed against the screen as you try to work with the 3-button's THREE-FOOT CORD
>>
>>3578286
>>3578292

So would you be happy if I got one of each?
>>
>3 buttons

Have fun playing SF2
>>
Buy a DS4, it's not the best for anything but generally it's pretty good.
If you are just poor like me, buy a DS3.
>>
>>3578301
Both are too expensive, I refuse to believe a DS3-4 are the only good options for retro-stuff.

This USB controllers I mention cost like 10-15 dollars
>>
I've seen some anons here recommend the hori fighting commander 4. It's a ps3 controller, not sure if it's usb or not, worst case you'd need to buy a cheap adapter with it. Looks like a solid controller with a good d-pad for the price.
>>
>>3578387
over 60 dollars on Amazon, I appreciate it, but its too much (I also have to pay for shipping with a carrier, that's like 25 dollars)

I'm almost decided for the Buffalo SNES usb, for the reviews I read in Amazon seems like the closest to the real thing.

I saw some adapters for the original, but some people complained that it doesn't work with all models so that scares me a little bit.
>>
either a saturn controller with a usb adapter or an arcade stick.
>>
X1 controller has by far the best dpad we have ever gotten for a full controller (twin sticks and top buttons). The revised controller is slightly better in a few aspects, but nothing that matters for retro gaming.
>>
>>3578987
>X1 controller
OG Xbox?
>>
Hori Fighting Commander 5 is USB, PS4, has 6 face buttons and an excellent dpad. Buy it; you won't regret it.
>>
Thinking about getting pic related but I'm having a hard time deciding if it's worth the 80USD.

Anyone got one? Any encouraging words to make me buy it? Or it's not worth it?
>>
>>3580083
I have one, and love it, but can't get used to it for 2D games. I use a Pokken controller for 2D.
>>
>>3580083
It's an excellent controller. Even the d-pad is quite nice, but it's positioning makes it a little weird for 2D stuff. Sony still has the better d-pad, but you can grab a DS3 for crazy cheap.
>>
>>3580242
Isn't it tricky to get the DS3 working on PC, or just if you're really stupid?
>>
>>3580242
Fuck, the DS3 is just a few bucks cheaper than the XBONE controller where I live.
>>
File: 71Ra76UPNjL._SL1500_.jpg (112KB, 1500x818px) Image search: [Google]
71Ra76UPNjL._SL1500_.jpg
112KB, 1500x818px
>>3578214
Amazon recommended pic related to me when I was looking at IDE HDD adapters. It's called the Retro Fighters.
>>
>>3578214
no need to thank me.

SCPH-1080
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000PWAAAI/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

PlayStation to USB

Alternatively, you will immediately fall in love with the Saitek P2500 d-pad.

https://www.amazon.com/Saitek-P2500-Rumble-Force-Game/dp/B000075B5V/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477415901&sr=8-1&keywords=Saitek+P2500
>>
>>3578308
>>3578214
>>3578924

Buy buffalo snes usb controller off ebay, it's like 15 bucks and pretty darn decent. If you want wireless, go with 8bitdo. That is if you don't want to use original controllers with usb adapter. Also you can pick up the pre-DS3 controllers pretty cheaply, like >>3582097 said and adapter isn't too much. I have three usb gamepads, Retrolink saturn pad for occasional sega stuff(mostly Shining Force and Phantasy Star), the Buffalo snes controller I use for most of my retro stuff and Logitech F310 for more modern stuff. Buffalo is pretty much the one I'd get for 4th gen, since it's pretty much the original snes pad(not that the D-pad is horrible on other controllers either, but it seems/feels more solid than the Retrolink one and the Logitech's d-pad is just too different for me)
>>
>>3582085
Why does it have two sticks but only two face buttons?
It's too complicated for NES emulation and not fit for a 360 alternative.
>>
>>3580227
is the pokken one any good?
it looks a little weird
>>
>>3582331
yeah I know right? and their website said it's there for NES games that might play better with an analog stick which is stupid because even the NES Advantage had binary input.
>>
>>3582401
A stick might be okay for 8-directional movement. But I still don't understand the right stick.

Hell, I even get the shoulder buttons for savestates and rewind and such.
>>
File: 1828394_0[1].jpg (21KB, 540x309px) Image search: [Google]
1828394_0[1].jpg
21KB, 540x309px
I picked up one of these about a year ago and I love it
>>
Honestly I've gotten pretty fuckin good with the 360s analog for retro games.

No preference but when I need a solid Dpad I just do a SNES to usb.
>>
File: wiup.jpg (52KB, 1200x1100px) Image search: [Google]
wiup.jpg
52KB, 1200x1100px
80 hours on a charge
>>
File: sfc30-1.jpg (33KB, 656x285px) Image search: [Google]
sfc30-1.jpg
33KB, 656x285px
These 8bitdos look sick. Looking for something that works with the new Apple TV though, and the MFi program is terribly restricting.

http://www.8bitdo.com/sfc30/
>>
Look at this sweet/weird SNES controller I just found when google searching:
>>
I want a saturn controller with joysticks.
>>
I hate OP. That is all.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>3583249
>Don't even think about using auto fire, or I'll know!
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.