[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DCK3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: Dkc3_snes_boxart.jpg (299KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
Dkc3_snes_boxart.jpg
299KB, 500x345px
Let's have a Donkey Kong Country 3 appreciation thread. Kiddy aside, this is a very fun and unique game that doesn't deserve the dismissal it gets.
>>
File: DKC-OrangutanGang2.gif (428KB, 256x238px) Image search: [Google]
DKC-OrangutanGang2.gif
428KB, 256x238px
I got it at a time I already had a N64 and a PS1, so SNES or Genesis didn't get my main attention anymore, but I played DCK3 quite a bit. I remember lenting it to my neighbors who had a SNES, and they finished the game before I did. I took my time but eventually did it. Never 103%'d it.
I still liked DKC2 the best, but DKC3 is up to the series' standards.
>>
I didn't find Kiddie all that offensive.
>>
>>3576969
He's just useless outside of the few time that you need to water skip of use his fat ass to bust through a floor. Dixie is faster and has the helicopter spin. She is hands-down the better character.
>>
>>3578067
Actually, Kiddy can also be useful to get through the game as fast as possible. Even if that's by throwing him against an enemy so you don't lag too much (which is something that might happen if you're playing the NTSC version during some stages with two kongs instead of one).

>>3576960

>> I still liked DKC2 the best, but DKC3 is up to the series' standards.

I agree with that. I personally put them both on the same spot but 2 takes the edge because of nostalgia. Played it so much when I was around 8 years old.
>>
>Playing as Dumbo for half the game
>>
>>3578067
>Dixie is faster

They both have the same exact speed.
>>
File: 31513235.jpg (63KB, 740x406px) Image search: [Google]
31513235.jpg
63KB, 740x406px
>DKC3 was only made to promote and advertise N64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEBqm9bGi3g
all jokes aside it's a great game
>>
>>3576960
I agree that DKC2 is the best and that DKC3 is also quite good.
>>
>>3578067
Kiddie has the classic, roll>air jump mechanic and can cover distance faster than Dixie's helicopter spin.
>>
I don't really like the music or style of 3, but I admit it's not a bad game. Not at all. But honestly, I'd rather play 1 or 2 than it.
>>
>>3580687
I think it all boils down to the baby for me. I know it's probably shallow, but I really don't want to play it when I think of that fucking baby.
>>
>easily the best dkc game
>hated on for no reason
>>
>>3580746
This is a DKC3 thread not DKC2
>>
File: bitch what.jpg (67KB, 485x700px) Image search: [Google]
bitch what.jpg
67KB, 485x700px
>call it Donkey Kong Country
>can only play as DK in one of them
>>
File: dkc3_clgl.jpg (15KB, 260x226px) Image search: [Google]
dkc3_clgl.jpg
15KB, 260x226px
>>3576954

I like what they did with DKC3. It had a upbeat and a bit of a comedic fashion to it, in contrast to DKC2's pirate drama and DKC's adventure which I enjoyed just as well. Soundtrack might not be up to the standard set by the other games, but it fits well with the scenario, specially considering the art style they went for. Boss fights are almost certainly the best in the series and their big sprites look very good too.

I just think they should have used Donkey instead of Kiddie like it was originally intended.
>>
File: 641.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
641.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>3576954
Imo, this is the comfiest Donkey Kong game ever made. It made me love snow levels.

2 is my favorite DKC game but the atmosphere and music of DKC3 is incredible. I never thought that I would appreciate fictional landscapes and midi this much.
>>
File: IMG_6293.jpg (195KB, 640x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6293.jpg
195KB, 640x612px
>>3576954
One thing I appreciated about DKC3 over any of the others is its overworld map. Although I prefer DKC2 stylistically, I love the freedom of DKC3's map. Something about it is very comfortable and immersive. I'd love a 3D game with the same sort of aesthetic.
>>
>>3576960
>Never 103%'d it.

>finding out years later you can 105% it
>>
>>3581268
>this style of graphics will never come back
why live
>>
>>3580784
It's still Donkey Kong's country tho
>>
>>3581431

I guess it will forever stick in the 90s like how CRPGs used to look like in the 80s. On one hand I find it a little sad but on the other hand, look at how what became of "NES" or "8 bit" graphics after the pixelized indie boom ...
>>
>>3581268
Wow thats comfy
>>
File: dkc3LL.jpg (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dkc3LL.jpg
175KB, 1920x1080px
>enter the first level
>circus music starts playing
>>
>>3582505
>16:9 display
>>
>>3581897
No it aint if the game takes place in some heavily forested environment with snow peaks and bears.
>>
>>3576954
It was better than Retro stuff at least.
>>
File: dkc3_water.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
dkc3_water.gif
2MB, 360x270px
Honestly, I think it's better than dkc2 except for the music and DK coins
>much better bosses
>better bonuses
>prettier
>more variety on level design
Just some exemples: Tree level, low g level, lightning level, reversed controls level.
>w-barrels on every level on the first two "worlds"
This increases the replay value for me
>>
>>3581431
>>this style of graphics will never come back

Now allow me to kindly torture you even further:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6czTxfyuAgA
>>
>>3581431
Good, pre-rendered sprites look like vomit.
>>
>>3584128

Only on modern screens.
>>
>>3582639
>>w-barrels on every level on the first two "worlds"
Same thing on DKC2.

Also DKC3 is most likely the least pretty of the three.
>>
>>3584128
>/vr/ official Rare hater's obligatory contribution

not surprised
>>
>>3584128

haha yea I mean like pixel art looks like piss! realtime 3d looks like poop! ascii art looks like spit !! LOL

#MeaningfulPosts
>>
I can never forgive that they didn't went with DK as Dixie's partner in that game as it would have been perfection. DK, Diddy and Dixie would have been mains in two games each.
>>
i loved that level with the lightning because i didnt realize for like 2 hours that the lightning had a tell. i nearly finished the level a few times just from luck and holding items above my head
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.