[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly, this was a pretty decent cartoon Its surprising how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

File: 61R6ZVBH7vL[1].jpg (64KB, 359x500px) Image search: [Google]
61R6ZVBH7vL[1].jpg
64KB, 359x500px
Honestly, this was a pretty decent cartoon

Its surprising how faithful they were to the game
>>
cool

now take this friendless manchild shit to /co/
>>
>>3575463
How is it friendless when you're my friend?
>>
Agree, the Super Mario World cartoon was a real drop in authenticity compared to the SMB3 series.
>>
>>3575531
Yeah but we got some pretty quality Youtube Poop out of that one.
>>
when i watched this when i was younger after playing the 3d games i remember hating mario & luigi's voices for being so different but nowadays i much prefer them.
>>
>that episode where larry koopa invents racism
>>
File: tumblr_n1rxl3pXYA1rrftcdo3_1280.jpg (269KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1rxl3pXYA1rrftcdo3_1280.jpg
269KB, 800x800px
Why were the concept art designs so much better than the final designs?
>>
>>3575471

We're not your friends, guy.
>>
>>3575451
It was basically fan-service for SMB3 fans with some extra characters and like most cartoons from back in the day, it's powered by nostalgia and made to sell toys.

How about talking about the game itself, instead? Or has that been talked to death here on /vr/?
>>
>>3575823
Concept art for most media is typically done more organically than the finished product.
>>
>>3575848
Are you kidding? People rarely talk about SMB3,
>>
>>3575823
hey at least the cartoon wendy didnt have blackface lips
>>
I thought it was amazing as a kid, but now it just kind of seems way inferior to the SMBSS
>>
>>3575848
What do you mean "back in the day"?? That's still the case. Cartoons still get canned if they don't sell toys.
>>
>>3575830
Don't call me guy, pal.
>>
File: tumblr_od7bmnHlr31vewfwvo1_540.png (143KB, 540x763px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od7bmnHlr31vewfwvo1_540.png
143KB, 540x763px
>>3577026
>not getting a little sweaty every time you see her beautiful plump lips
>>
File: CfXx9PEUAAAeXRc.jpg (68KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
CfXx9PEUAAAeXRc.jpg
68KB, 600x630px
>>3577026
Her fat ugly lips are endearing. I it as bold exaggerated lip stick, very 80's punkish, seems like the style they were going for with Bowser and his kids.

>>3577070
Please don't.
>>
File: and a yoyo.png (1MB, 955x695px) Image search: [Google]
and a yoyo.png
1MB, 955x695px
Was a good series, too bad it had a lot of animation mess ups though.n Looking for that picture of Luigi in the cage but has Mario's color pallet.
>>
>>3575531
I never even knew there was a Mario 3 cartoon. For me it was the Super Show straight into SMW. How have I never heard of this?
>>
If I wanted to watch a Mario series, which of the three should I watch? The first one , the one based on Mario 3, or the Super Mario World show?
>>
>>3577086
Her lips in this picture mixed with her chubby cheeks makes my dick rock solid
>>
I thinkthe Mario World catroon was the first time I ever had an accidental fetish encounter.
>>
I don't like where this thread is going.
>>
File: context.jpg (877KB, 714x2101px) Image search: [Google]
context.jpg
877KB, 714x2101px
>>3577260
Read KC Deluxe
>>
>>3577328
is there a tr?
>>
File: 1365217405892[1].jpg (19KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
1365217405892[1].jpg
19KB, 400x298px
>>3575451
It was everything I wished the Super Mario Super Show was

Even at the tender age of 6 it bugged me that they had the cowboy themes and gangster themes, I was like fuck this shit, this isn't in any of the games, though at the time we only had Super Mario 1 and Super Mario 2 USA

At the time of the Super Mario Super Show I considered the Zelda cartoon to be superior in EVERY imaginable way, more close to the game and just all around better and underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_6gccuhhfY

Other than the cheesy EXCUUUSE ME PRINCESS and the flamboyant Ganon, and some small quirks here and there I still think it was a good show.

Also I love how these shows date themselves. For example in the Zelda cartoon there were only 2 triforces, power and wisdom, because the 3rd triforce of courage was introduced in Zelda 2.

Also cartoon zelda gave me funny feelings in my lower areas that I didn't understand at the time
>>
>>3577342
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=36335.0
nope
>>
File: tumblr_of8ht5V2gG1qgt3neo1_540.png (146KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of8ht5V2gG1qgt3neo1_540.png
146KB, 540x540px
>>3577279
I like the little shorty with the big lips, but I think her voice and darker skin in the cartoon are nice too. I also like her mole.
>>
>>3577260

SMBSS is best, the live action segments are genuinely funny, and the animated bits have Mario's group traveling constantly through different settings, so the theme is always different.

SMB3 is okay, but there's a musical number in every episode and the singing is purposefully horrendous. Most episodes take place in the mushroom Kingdom.

SMW is the worst, Yoshi is scrappy doo tier, and they ditched Toad in favor of Oogtar, a literally who caveman child with a 50 year old smoker's voice who always fucks shit up.
>>
>>3577386
>Other than the cheesy EXCUUUSE ME PRINCESS and the flamboyant Ganon, and some small quirks here and there I still think it was a good show.

Are you suggesting that the cartoon incarnation of Ganon wasn't based?
>>
SMSS (live)> SMB3 > SMW> SMSS (cartoon)
There's another I think I forgot.
>>
>>3575451
The background music from the Super Mario Brothers Super show and this was done pretty well. I wish I could find the songs.
>>
>>3577260
The super show's cartoon is pretty bad to be honest. Its all parodies and non-sense. You just wish they stuck to being in the mushroom kingdom instead of all the random places they go to.

SMB3 is the best by far. Faithful to the game and it actually has some pretty good moments. The song in the middle of every episode gets annoying though.

SMW is pretty good too, but some of the new characters like oogtar can get grating.
>>
>>3577725
My god why did they add that little fuck?
>>
>>3577725
>SMB3 is the best by far. Faithful to the game and it actually has some pretty good moments. The song in the middle of every episode gets annoying though.

Sadly the dvds change the coversongs to that shitty as song megamove. You know, that piece of shit Beat it wannabe try hard!.

Tough the latín dub got to use the original broadcast audio mix.
>>
>>3577421
I love her in the games. Cute af.
In the show she's annoying as hell, her voice is that of a Yankee banshee, and her personality is attrocious. I mean they did a good job with her character, but I don't want a piece of that.
>>
>>3577386
I want the background music to these shows, really. That's how I hear the music of Zelda when I close my eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqJExTAuwLU
>>
Am I the only one who absolutely hates Bowser and Peach redesigns in theses shows? They look completely different.
>>
>>3579086

I like Bowser's, but I wish he was a different character instead of an off brand Bowser.

Kinda indifferent to Peach.
>>
There's a few youtube rips of some BGM without much background noise of SMBSS, but they're all medleys instead of individual tracks.

Someone has done the same for the Doom Ship song, there's two versions, one with less noise, but in taking out the noise, they made it inferior imo. The noise adds to it, plus the noiseless version takes out a part of the actual song.
>>
>>3579086
atl she doesn't look like a corpse unlike the ingame designs especially nowadays

agree on bowser though. not sure why they made him all green considering he always had yellow arms in-game
>>
>>3575823
Animation was outsourced to sweatshops filled with animators who were too miserable and on deadlines were too strict to make the show look good, like most cartoons in the 80s and 90s.
>>
>>3579103
The cartoon Koopa was a weird mix of Bowser and Wart. I wish they fixed his color in the Mario 3 show.
>>
>>3579142
>>3579196
Yea the Koopa in the Super Show was essentially Wart with Bowser's spiked shell.

I guess that was the compromise to having alternate villains that were basically the same thing. Large reptile king guys with colorful minions. So they made the amalgam Koopa and alternated between troopas and goomba minions one day and Fryguy, Mouser and shyguy minions the next.
>>
>>3579196
>>3579197
>>
>>3579196
>>3579197
>>3579312

I mean, at least we got King K. Rool out of that little design deviation.
>>
>>3579086
Peach is a megaqt in the cartoon though

At least before world. They made her paler and shrunk her body down for some reason
>>
>>3577069

Im not your pal, friend
>>
File: COPGq9xWgAIx0kb.jpg large.jpg (92KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
COPGq9xWgAIx0kb.jpg large.jpg
92KB, 1024x764px
>>3579392
Well, K Rool started as something completely different and was more Rare's "Battletoad" style when he started life.
>>
>>3579620
Cool, I didn't know that.
>>
The pun after pun dialogue is something I grew fond of as a kid. They would be making puns in inappropriate places and times, and that campy style is something I feel like isn't done as well these days.
>>
I hated the voice actors that sang in the songs. I think they were the Koopa Kid VAs?
>>
>>3582110
I always thought they were supposed to be the Koopalings, but they sound 10 times worse.
>>
>>3579620
Wow, I've never seen that. Who made that? Kevin Bayliss? Greg Mayles?
>>
No, no, this was not a decent cartoon. No where near it. I bought some of the episodes on DVD a few years back and it's absolutely terrible...
>>
>>3579086
Welp, that's DiC for ya, they have a "reputation" of, "re-interpreting" iconic designs.
>>
It's a football!
>>
>>3582830
>Mario characters
>iconic
>in 1989
>>
>>3584612
>wasn't alive during the 80s
Underage, please leave.
>>
>>3584656
Popular among a niche market doesn't mean the same thing as iconic.
>>
>>3584672

>niche
>>
>>3579620
Nice artstyle. Is there more?
>>
>>3584672
If it's popularity was niche, it wouldn't even have a fucking cartoon. Let alone an outpour of merchandise.
>>
>>3584612
Wasn't it just a year later that the oft-cited "more popular than Mickey Mouse" poll came out?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.