[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3467.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3467.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
FFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
This is that trap game, isn't it
>>
>>3574452
>buying anything at all
That's how you detect a casual
>>
>>3574452
>you buy things from Renon with gold pieces
>he calls it "borrow" gold pieces

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>3574698
Because going into someone's castle, breaking their shit and taking their gold is usually considered robbery. Renon is just being facetious.

>Renon is the castle police and has just been waiting until you spend enough for it to be considered grand theft.
>>
>>3574452
What game?
>>
>>3575897
Castlevania 64 / Legacy of Darkness

underrated atmospheric game
>>
>>3575912
>underrated
fuck off with your lies
>>
File: correct.jpg (19KB, 560x304px) Image search: [Google]
correct.jpg
19KB, 560x304px
>>3575912
>underrated
that is correct
>>
File: renon-story.png (81KB, 320x202px) Image search: [Google]
renon-story.png
81KB, 320x202px
>>3575939

It's underrated mostly today, when it came out it was correctly rated (8/10 or so).
>>
>>3575912
>underrated atmospheric game

No joke, as mediocre as the gameplay is the soundtrack maybe the best soundtrack for the entire franchise. The music for each area was for perfect and so atmospheric. It really set the mood for each area, the gameplay can be ass though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWQ1p7CYzt0
>>
File: dudelmaovania.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dudelmaovania.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
>>3575912
> atmospheric

Sure
>>
I never knew that would happen.
>>
File: Castlevania (U) (V1.2) snap0015.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania (U) (V1.2) snap0015.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
>>3578125

These motoskelletons were the best
>>
>>3578125
You say this like that was a bad thing. I mean, really...what's creepier than skeletons and giant skeletons? Skeletons on motorcycles, of course!

Whether they fit in the timeline or not, you say this like their inclusion was a bad thing.
>>
>>3578125
>you_came_to_the_wrong_neighborhood_mothafucka.jpg
>>
>>3578125
Nigger that's RAD as fuck

>SK-666

even better
>>
File: Cv64-Biker_with_Sidecar.png (104KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
Cv64-Biker_with_Sidecar.png
104KB, 320x220px
>>3578125
>not posting the superior skeleton motorcycle WITH sidecar
>>
I cant believe there are people out there that like this game too, i almost believed i was really the only one. This is one of my favorite games from my childhood. It also happened to be the first Castlevania I'd seen. I only ever hear about how this game is bad but i dont see how it could be seen like that. The camera is a little silly but if 10 year old me could get used to it, i dont see how its such a problem for everyone else.

I used to get scared by games really easily, i would have to pause the game whenever the Giant Skeleton roars at you when you open the gate. I would repeat Reinhardt Schneider's line "Courage, dont leave me." to push myself to man up and keep going.

The game was easier as Carrie but I still liked Reinhardt more because i thought he was cool. I never could beat the game though, i only ever got the true form of Dracula.

Ive been touching the game again on an emulator recentlyand its as fun as I remember. Its also easier too.

I havent touched the 2nd 64 game at all. Is it worth a try?
>>
>>3580767
Yes, i like it.
>>
>>3580767

The camera is the only 'legitimate' hang up that I can see about this game. It wasn't a smooth transition to 3D, but hardly anything was during this era anyway. Overall, I'd give it a 7/10 myself.

As for Legacy of Darkness, yes and no.
+More characters
+More stages
+More backstory for the game(s)
+Werewolf character FUCK YEAH!
-Music feels off in some instances, and recycled a lot more than the base game
-Reinhardt and Carrie, along with Henry, are locked at the start until you beat Cornell's story
?Not a sequel, per se...it's almost an immediate prequel to the game you've played

Beyond that, it's a matter of your taste. In the end, yes...it's worth trying.
>>
>>3580767
I would give LoD a shot, especially if you're emulating it. You can always download a save with everything unlocked. Otherwise it's pretty much a straight upgrade, though I only ever memorized the original game's layout.

Or, just unlock everything with Cornell and Henry. Cornell really should be tried first since he feels like Reinhardt done right and Henry is just so satisfying to use. His gun is almost cheating.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.