[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro joy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: nes-classic-edition.png (58KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
nes-classic-edition.png
58KB, 640x443px
Anybody excited about Nintendo's
mini Nes?
>>
I'll buy it even though I know I'm being ripped off.
I've been emulating all that shit on my pc for the last 15+ years.
I'll probably just throw it up on a closet shelf and forget about it.
>>
Its only about 59.99 usd,
so i might get it.
>>
>>3574320
>only about 59.99 usd
>only
>>
File: doc louis.png (234KB, 1664x2000px) Image search: [Google]
doc louis.png
234KB, 1664x2000px
>30 games
>no kung fu
>>
>>3574426
wonder how hard it would be to add more games. anyone peeked inside it yet?
>>
>>3574314
Wow. This feeling, it's like traveling to the past. Reliving the old games on… NES! Do you remember it? NES, haven't hear that name in a while! Think of all of the fun you had as a child! Now, for the first time in history, you can have it again!

No, there were no emulators, no famiclones, not even retro collections and Virtual Console. You couldn't even buy the old NES with old games—it simply wouldn't work, right!
>>
>>3574314
Me and my wife think the Retron 5 is better.
>>
>>3574447
Doesn't it work with stuff from the VC? I remember hearing that you need a Wii U controller though.
>>
>>3574314
I'm definitely getting one of those controllers.
>>
>>3574462
I have no idea what you're talking about.

You can use the new NES controllers as a classic controller though.
>>
Does it display the games in 1080p or is it that shitty washed out look like when you play a snes game on your wiiu?
>>
Its said to have better graphical looks
than a Nes or Snes game on the vc.
>>
>>3574483
It is said to look better than
a Nes game on the VC.
>>
I'm really not.

First party USB nes controllers would be interesting but those dickass wii accesory ports are shit.

>>3574483
apparently it will have many filtering options.
>>
>>3574314
no
>>
File: 1422849564538.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1422849564538.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
>buying roms
>>
>>3574587
>apparently it will have many filtering options.
Like, 3 of them.

I'd rather have that than 10s of useless ones some emulators have.
>>
>>3574453
>Kek "wife"

Nice B8 faggot
>>
>>3574314
I'll buy it day one if there is a way to tun roms on it, otherwise a complete waste of money.
>>
I'm going to get it, but it's just a cute novelty really.

This would have been amazing if it could either read cartridges, or be loaded with more games via some kind of online shop.
>>
Have Pat and Ian from the completely unnecessary podcast weighed in on this topic yet? What are their thoughts on the mini?
>>
>> pat and ian, lol, I like you

Anyone read that autistic book he put out?
>>
I think Switch killed any enthusiasm for the NES classic.
>>
>>3574872
>revealing yourself as a newfag
>>
File: 1476330436377.png (6KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
1476330436377.png
6KB, 320x288px
>>3574730
>implying that actually paying for games is faggotry
>>
I can't wait to go buy a new nes, plop that fucker next to the tv with controller in hand with the packaging strewn about like it's Xmas 89 all over again. This is for nostalgia fags like me not you tards over thinking plug n play shit
>>
>>3575015
Its actually surprisingly really good. I ended up buying 2
>>
>what if you plugged it into your Nintendo Switch cradle through USB to download more games onto the Mini system?
>>
>>3574314
No

>>3574447
No. But if it's an actual nintendo famiclone this could be interesting. At this point I'm working on the assumption that if it was they would have given it a cart slot so it's not.
>>
>>3574314
No because i have raspiberr pi meme
>>
>>3574414
Believe it or not, some people don't live with their parents and actually make good money. I can wipe my butt with $60.
>>
>>3575159
What if monkeys flew out of my butt?
For sixty bucks dont count on it. On both accounts.
>>
>>3575276
well I'd wipe your butt for $60, per swipe.
>>
>>3574314
>>>/v/
>>
>>3574448
>trying this hard
>>
File: 1439709057296.gif (997KB, 245x164px) Image search: [Google]
1439709057296.gif
997KB, 245x164px
I'm going to buy one for my wife and her kids.
>>
>>3574314
>Tetris is not included
why?
>>
>paying $60 for ROMs
>doesn't play original carts

No thanks.
>>
I'll just play them on an RGB modded NES.
>>
>>3575308
That was sarcasm, anon.
>>
I guarantee there will be fist fights in Best Buy on Black Friday over this overpriced muh nostalgia piece of shit

Nintendo wants those dank Christmas shekels
>>
>>3575276

I make $22/hr plus overtime, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to waste any of my money on pointless garbage, especially since I can get an actual NES for $60.
>>
>>3575676
Are we supposed to feel sorry for you because you make $22 an hour or because you think that's good money?
>>
>>3574314
Only retards will buy this.
>>
Wii Virtual Console is better. I'm just going to buy one of the NES Classic Controllers to play my existing NES games on my Wii.
>>
>>3575159
It would be space time?
>>
>>3575415
Probably because Nintendo don't own the rights to the Tetris brand and didn't want to license it again.
>>
>>3575785
If he doesn't live in a shithole like California where rent and taxes greedily eat into your income, then yeah, $22/hr isn't shabby, even if it isn't anything particularly impressive.

That said, $59.90 isn't exactly a lot of money, given that it comes with like 30 games which used to retail for that when they were new.
>>
>>3576492
>That said, $59.90 isn't exactly a lot of money, given that it comes with like 30 games which used to retail for that when they were new.
You're still paying 60 americoins for an emulator with 30 games...
>>
>>3576513
I never said it was the best investment, or even a good one, but it's close to those modern Genesis repros with built in games, or Genesis hits collection for a modern consoles (except this is a chunk of hardware with controllers you plug into your TV). As far as wasting money on vidya goes, there's way worse things you can do. It's trite, but not really THAT offensive.

It's *a* way for an Average Joe to pick up and play some classics with little effort. Picking up those 30 games as original carts individually is probably way more than $60, and he's too dumb to emulate or doesn't know how to set up his computer to display on his TV.
>>
>>3575276
I don't think that was the point he was making.
>>
can't wait to get one and put it in the bathroom and play comfy games like metroid on the toilet while i grunt out a huge pizza stinky :D
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.