[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we all agreed right? Is PSWHATEVER YOU WANT FAGGOT! GET A LIFE!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: play.jpg (80KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
play.jpg
80KB, 1024x768px
So we all agreed right?

Is PSWHATEVER YOU WANT FAGGOT! GET A LIFE!
>>
>is

you blew it ching chong
>>
It's Playstation X or PSX.
>>
if you actually said PSX or PS1 in public, people would look at you funny (not that you friendless hermits would know anything about that)
it was always called the playstation
>>
>>3574150
PS1 is a pretty common way to say it. Maybe people look at you funny for a different reason?
>>
>>3573862
It's PSX for Playstation eXtreme, because it was a console made in the 90s, and everything in the 90s was EXTREME.
>>
>>3574150
>if you actually said PS1
...that's what everyone calls it though? Do you live in Russia or some armpit country like that? Have you at all talked to people outside or are you basing this on some neckbeard theory you've pioneered?

Most people assume "playstation" refers to the newest one.
>>
>>3573862
PlayStaXion
>>
>>3574264
>that's what everyone calls it though?
underageee moooooooooods
>>
>>3574246
No, everything in the 90s was "Radical"
>>
>>3574264
>Most people assume "playstation" refers to the newest one.
Spot the basement fag, most people can difference all PlayStation, from the first one to the last one, they will call PlayStation2 the PlayStation2 the same way they call PlayStation3 the PlayStation3, most normal people will call the first PlayStation, PlayStation1 or simply the first PlayStation, only MemeMaster fight about the names of consoles.
>>
>>3574505
Just because he isn't stuck in the 90s doesn't mean he's underage, anon.
>>
>>3574518
Believing the term PS1 is somehow a standard do tho. I use PSX, PS1, PS and PlayStation interchangeably, so does the people I talk about games with and we always understand each others just fine.
>>
>>3573862
the only correct choices are PlayStation and PSone.
>>
Everyone actually called it Playstation when it first came out. After PS2 came out people called it PS1 to differentiate. A mini version called PSOne also came out so lots of people younger than the generation call it that. Game magazines and Sony called it PSX for some reason involving marketing and moonrunes, it is a mystery. Never met anyone who called it PSX in real life, except one or two complete autism fucks.
>>
PSX sounds fucking stupid. Where does the X come from? PS1 makes more sense. It's not like we abbreviate the PS2 as the PSX2.
>>
>>3574774
>It's not like we abbreviate the PS2 as the PSX2.
I remember PSX2 being a thing too, but it was waaay less widespread.
>>
>>3574107

> PlayStation 10
> PlayStation prototype
> Bizarre Japanese DVD-PS1-PS2 hybrid

You had neither of these.

The name is PlayStation.
>>
>>3573886
fjhkfjhkghvm
>>
File: 90s Time.png (470KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
90s Time.png
470KB, 500x427px
>>3574512
>No, everything in the 90s was "Radical"

That was the late 80s.
90s was about getting extreme.

>>3574774
>Where does the X come from?

eXperience
eXtreme
Console calls itself PS-X too, if you hook it up to a debugger.

PS1 is a retroactive abbreviation used after the PS2 came out, to differentiate between the two. And yes, the PS2 was called PSX2 by a lot of the media before it was released - they settled down on the PS2 once the console came out with a huge blue "PS2" logo on it.
>>
I'm not sure if I've ever actually heard someone who actually has a life say "get a life"
>>
>>3573886

I wonder why people from Nintendisland try so hard to make everyone hate China and Korea.
>>
>>3574827
Still spreading misinformation, I see.
>>
File: Image1.png (78KB, 941x674px) Image search: [Google]
Image1.png
78KB, 941x674px
>>3574902
>Still spreading misinformation, I see.

You can open up the bios and search for the string, you know.
>>
File: image.png (345KB, 727x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
345KB, 727x720px
>>3573862
It's just PS. PSX is what the silly yanks called it for some reason.
>>
>>3574264
I see that people are still using the term "underage" on this board.
Ah it's good to be back after being away from this board for so long.
>>
System was originally PSX, rebranded to PS.
>>
File: Developed for PSX.jpg (434KB, 959x744px) Image search: [Google]
Developed for PSX.jpg
434KB, 959x744px
See this.
>>
File: PlayStation.jpg (145KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PlayStation.jpg
145KB, 1024x768px
>>3575059

See this.
>>
>>3575059
>See this
You mean the red line pointing to the word PlayStation. Yup. I see it. Epic fucking fail spergboi.
>>
>>3573862
>i am so fanny with le olde /v/ me me!
>>
before playstation two was announced: playstation or PS for short

after playstation two was announced: playstation one or PS1 for short

PSX is a retarded acronym that never should have happened but somehow did. nobody calls it a "playstation x". if you do you are a mega faggot.

this is the only correct answer.
we never need to have this thread again.
STOP

I've actually seen some retard on here claiming it was always called the PS1 because Sony always knew from day one they were going to make a PS2
>>
>>3574915
American here
I have never in my life heard someone refer to it as a PSX in real life conversation
>>
File: d67.jpg (17KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
d67.jpg
17KB, 300x222px
>>3575080
>>3575059
Both sides are like the trannies vs the faggots; both of you need to shut the fuck up and stop airing your dirty laundry.

Nobody cares about your b'awwwtism shitting up this board on a daily basis. The terms are interchangable so get raped by a paki, alright?
>>
>>3577785
>sperging out over a sperg sperging out over a sperg sperging out.
>spergception
>>
There's nothing after PS.
It's PS or Playstation.
>>
>>3577785
You just don't understand you do you? It is important that we know what it was referred to back in the day. Was it PlayStation, PSX, PS1? It is a matter of historical significance to the world of vidya gaming.
>>
I say PS1 but I don't care/mind if anybody says it another way. When other people say PSX, I always understand what they mean. NOBODY talks about the PS2 PSX ever. It only ever comes up because of the name argument.
>>
>>3577785
>>>/pol/
>>>/v/
>>
>>3579148
Someone give this anon a medal.
>>
>>3576290
>Epic fucking fail spergboi.

Who says epic fail anymore? Like no one says that anymore.
>>
>>3579134
>There's nothing after PS.
>Puts a period after PS
>Checkmate spergtheist

>>3579194
People only say that any more when there's truly an epic fail. Like your post.
>>
It's funny how there are people in this thread bringing out evidence to show it was referred to as PSX back then. Of fucking course it was. And not just in North America, but in magazines worldwide. And whether or not you liked it is a different matter entirely. No one fucking cares.I mean, I thought Nintendo deciding "GCN" would be the official abbreviation of the Gamecube was completely stupid, but I don't lose any sleep over it.

None of this shit matters, everyone get over yourselves. I can't believe this thread is even a thing. It's actually worse than the arguing I've seen over the pronunciation of GIF.
>>
>>3577781
>before playstation two was announced: playstation or PS for short

No, back then it was PSX.

PS2 was listed as PSX2 before it came out as well.

Look up any gaming mag that used abbreviations if you don't believe me.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.