[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is best console for racan games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 308221_front.jpg (34KB, 504x512px) Image search: [Google]
308221_front.jpg
34KB, 504x512px
What is best console for racan games?
>>
>>
I guess this board only plays RPGs.
>>
>>3573823
N64
>>
>>3573823
Probably the PSX, you get Ridge Racer Type 4, Gran Turismo, WipEout 3 and Crash Team Racing.
>>
>>3573823
Minus 2907 and possibly wip3out, i'd skip PSX altogether. It's not that the games are that bad, it's just the games that come later are much better. Or those from the Arcades around that time. Mastering something like the model 2 games on m2emulator would be much more fun.

N64 had a few wacko titles. F-zero X is meant to be alright, and Top Gear Rally has this really interesting wall-riding bug that makes an otherwise unimaginative game quite interesting and totally unique. Still a mediocre rally game though, make no mistake.
>>
>>3573823
Of all the /vr/ machines, PS1.

>all the Wipeouts
>all the Ridge Racers
>GT
>Rollcage
there's a fair bit more, but I'm lazy and these are the ones I can think of off hand

N64 doesn't have quite the selection, but it's also pretty good for racing games. It's got slightly jank versions of Wipeout and Ridge Racer too.
Saturn is good if you really, really, really like Sega's Model 2 arcade games and almost nothing else, but those games are worth it.
DC has surprisingly little I can think of at all.
and then the pre-3D machines only have a handful
>>
>>3575161
Dreamcast has Metropolis Street Racer.
>>
>>3575151
Op dont listen to this ultra retard
>>
Genesis has the first three Road Rash games, trying to beat all of them will absolutely fill your time allotted to racing games for many years, and once you get into the higher levels where you're pushing 180 it's as hard as any sim

I never advanced to level 5 until I came back as an adult knowing how to set up turns and shit
>>
>>3575193
And Tokyo Xtreme Racer.
>>
PS

GT
Moto Racer
Ridge Racer
Wipeout
ChoroQ
Jet Moto
Colin Mcrae
Destruction Derby
Need for speed
Test Drive

just off the top of my head

>>3575335
I bought a dreamcast just for those
>>
>>3573823
PS2 or PS3 or Xbox 360
>>
>>3575819
Well since it can play both ps1 and ps2 games as well, a ps3. Becquse apart from mario kart, forza and pgr, playstation has all the exclusive racers.

Or you can just emulate the old ones.
>>
>>3575913
Og i forgot about f zero

Well to be fair so did nintendo
>>
>>3575161
>>3575815
This. Of all the /vr/ consoles? PS1 is the best for racers. Non retro consoles might have a few better arcade or sim titles though.

As for Wipeout, the PS1 trilogy was the best. The Ridge Racer games too imo. F-Zero, I personally feel GX was the best, but X is pretty sweet.
>>
>>3575913
Well, the specific PS3s that can play PS2 games, yeah (I think it was the 20 and 60GB fat models - they're priced a bit higher than the others because educated jews).
>>
>>3573823
/vr/? dreamcast, by far

le mans, f355, msr, daytona usa, sega gt, tokyo xtreme racer 1 & 2, crazy taxi 1 & 2
>>
>>3575934
You mean you can say with a straight face that all of those can go up against Gran Turismo 1-2, Wipeout XL + 3, Rage Racer, Ridge Racer Type 4, Twisted Metal 2, CTR, NFS2 + 3 and Porsche Challenge plus all the Jap games like Touge Max G, Side by Side Special 2000 and Racing Lagoon?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Dreamcast, but racing isn't it's forte.
>>
>>3575974
Twisted Metal isn't a racing game

The dreamcast is much closer to modern fidelity too which matters if you're talking about car simulation
>>
>>3573823
I'd say either Dreamcast or PS1 depending on what games you want. Both have plenty of solid racing games.

Seriously, I can't decide myself. Dreamcast has that 5 in 1 disc that has both Crazy Taxis, both Tokyo Extreme Racer games, and Suzuki Allstare Extreme Racing. That's a one stop shop. But PS1 has Ridge Racer Type 4, which for me at least is legendary and one of the best racing games of all time.
>>
DC all day every day
>>
File: Trash_Can.jpg (203KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Trash_Can.jpg
203KB, 1200x1600px
>>3575974
>5th gen racing games
>>
>>3575124
This. The n64 was practically plagued with racers. And wouldn't you know it, many of them are fantastic.
>>
>>3577492
yeah but F-Zero X is the only N64 exclusive worth playing.
>b...but muh Mario Kart 64
Crash Team Racing is the superior kart racer in every aspect
>>
>>3577715
Rush 2. Maybe not as good as 2049 (which is on DC), but it has some of the best tracks in the series.
>>
>>3577721
janky-controlling Midway arcade ports need not apply
>>
>>3575193
And daytona usa and san francisco rush
>>
>>3577484
Suck you
>>
>>3577715
>Crash Team Racing is the superior kart racer in every aspect

Poochie fans need not apply.
>>
>>3577715
F-Zero X was the best, but there are others worth playing.
>>
>>3579462
>I'm just gonna throw out these superior gameplay aspects because I don't like the characters lol
For reference, CTR is MK8 or MKDS years before those games, it has those same tight controls. No need to be a shallow bitch about it.
>>
>>3581139

Not him, and I never played the newer Mario Kart games, but I never felt CTR was "tighter" than MK64.
And anyway, wasn't DKR the best one?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>3573823
The one with the best wheel.
>>
>>3581161
PRAISE ADAM
>>
>>3581143
>DKR
People say that because it doesn't have the rubber banding that MK64 has. CTR has the best kart handling and balance out of that gen, try it again. That said, later Mario Karts stepped up the quality a lot.
>>
>>3581196

>rubber banding

You mean the CPU?

I played tons of MK64 and CTR back in the day, and I always liked both the kart handling and track design on MK64 better.
I only played a bit of DKR and while I appreciated the more adventure feel of the game with many things to unlock and such, I never liked it as much as MK64 or even CTR, but I've read lots of people consider that one the best. Different strokes I guess.
>>
>>3581203
The CPU and the weapons you get depending on your position. I'm with on DKR, I don't think it's anything special and MK64 and CTR are better. Different strokes I guess.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.