[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Willy Fuckin' Beamish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: WillyB.jpg (135KB, 800x1005px) Image search: [Google]
WillyB.jpg
135KB, 800x1005px
To me this was always a classic adventure game.

Tons of witty dialogue (you can literally investigate every object and get a paragraph of funny, well written descriptions from the narrator). Solid, quality animation and music, killer hand drawn backgrounds.

I never see it mentioned in the same breath as any other Dynamix/Sierra/Lucasarts stuff from the era, what happened?

Was it the dogshit Sega CD port? I remember renting it and it having minute plus load times, a year later I saw the definitive PC CD version on the shelf and that's when I actually hammered down and beat it. There were some pretty obtuse examples of adventure game logic though day 2 baby sitter event

90's as fuck intro theme related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek65C45-zjM
>>
>>3573228
Crappy mechanics and messy story progression. Although I've only played it once 15 years ago
>>
>>3573228
To me it never seemed fun to do household chores in real life, let alone a game.
>>
File: 12723263921239.jpg (14KB, 264x242px) Image search: [Google]
12723263921239.jpg
14KB, 264x242px
>>3573228
>and they all make this face.
>>
>>3573228
What would happen if you were younger then 9 playing this game?
>>
File: smallpic.gif (25KB, 300x272px) Image search: [Google]
smallpic.gif
25KB, 300x272px
>1991

Almost no one had a pc cdrom drive for 2 more years until Myst and 7th guest. Probably had a really short print run.
>>
>>3573228
Seems like you watch Taco Man too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IGcI1lFHgY

Probably just a coincidence, but it really looks like what Cinemassacre fans do here whenever a new video is out.
>>
loved this game, had the sega cd version

kept getting stuck in it so i kept calling the sierra 1-900 line they had at the time and got yelled at by my parents about it
>>
>>3573228
All I know about this game comes from reading the hints sections of a magazine that explained how you deal with Spider. Also my brother saying our mom would never let us play it because it was a bad influence like the Simpsons.
>>
>>3573228
Was lucky enough to have it on PC. The vampire babysitter used to scare the shit out of me when I was a kid.
>>
>>3573228
I owned this on the Sega CD. It was a fun game but it had probably the worst load times of any game I have ever played which really hurt the experience. I really could have used a guide at the time. I got stuck and never bothered finishing it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.