[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any experience with 8bitdo controllers? Thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: nes30[1].jpg (13KB, 280x233px) Image search: [Google]
nes30[1].jpg
13KB, 280x233px
Anyone have any experience with 8bitdo controllers? Thinking about buying one because my original SNES and NES gamepads are pretty worn down.

My only real question is how do the buttons feel? Because most of these third-party imitation controllers that I've tried were absolute dogshit.
>>
They feel relatively good actually. I personally dont like the shape, and never liked the shape of the original nes controller due to hand cramps. As compared to chink controllers, its a whole different level and you will be happy with it if you dont mind its shape.
>>
File: chink.jpg (38KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
chink.jpg
38KB, 501x585px
>My only real question is how do the buttons feel?
like on my dsi or vita. which is pretty fucking good.
>Because most of these third-party imitation controllers that I've tried were absolute dogshit.
same here, that's why i went for 8bitdo, no one complains about their build quality on the internet, it's usually the shape(like it's not nintendo's fault) or some shit.
>>
File: 1_4_6.jpg (77KB, 841x841px) Image search: [Google]
1_4_6.jpg
77KB, 841x841px
Is there any point of getting the FC30 rather then the pro?
>>
>>3572306
I have the NES30 Pro and it's great, my only complaint is that it's a bitch to connect and often requires you to set it up again whenever it runs out of battery (which is all the time since the battery somehow drains even when it's turned off).

I'm planning on pairing it with a Pi 3 and a CRT for maximum emulation comfiness.
>>
>>3572386
Why do so many people get a retro pi for emulation? Is it because they are cheap? Is it because people who buy those dont have a desktop, laptop or wii?
>>
>>3572418
Cost is the biggest factor for me. £28 for a super small device I can take anywhere and plug into anything which works with my ultra portable controller. Plus the RetroPie UI is really, really nice.

And I can put it in a neat little NES case.
>>
My NES30 Pro is super comfy and responsive, with nice clicky buttons and a sizable D-Pad. With the phone holder you can get for it, it's the best way I've personally found to play /vr/ on the go. It's pretty small so it stows away well.

BUTTTTTTTTTT

The twin sticks are dogshit. Huge deadzones and they're so tiny as to be unusable. You might be better off getting the SNES version without the sticks and saving a few bucks.
>>
>>3572306
Believe it or not they actually feel pretty great. I'd say they feel better than your average used controller these days since the rubber and contacts are all brand new. The SNES style controllers are quite comfortable but still suitable for NES games. The bluetooth adapters for the actual consoles are equally good.
>>
>>3572306
Get a saturn pad you dick head.
>>3572418
Coz they're cheap, and because the people are clueless. Example is the poster above you thinking a pi + crt is a good idea, when they output 480i over composite.
>>
>>3572418
I have a desktop, laptop, pi 3, and all kinds of consoles that could potentially be used for retro. And I have used my wii for retro before, but I prefer to have the wii hooked up to a flatscreen and a separate retro machine hooked up to a crt.
The pi has been good for this, I have it in a snes case with the actual snes controller ports, the power switch, and the actual vga port all working. Once you load up a game it pretty much feels like the real thing. It's not perfect though, retroarch definitely has a lot of issues in the current version.
>>
>>3575394
I don't understand why people care so much about this. I'm using a CRT for nostalgia purposes, I honestly don't give a shit about bleeding or interlacing. If you want a pixel-perfect image, why would you use anything other than HDMI?
>>
>>3572306
Love mine.
>>
File: UN Squadron.png (392KB, 878x768px) Image search: [Google]
UN Squadron.png
392KB, 878x768px
>>3575687
this desu senpai
i add bleeding and shit on purpose, fucking hate crispy clear picture of emulators
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.