[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Yoshi Valley the best track in Mario Kart 64?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: w8.jpg (159KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
w8.jpg
159KB, 640x480px
Is Yoshi Valley the best track in Mario Kart 64?
>>
>>3571737
Whenever I played MK64 with my friends they wouldn't let us race on this course. Buncha fucking lightweights.
>>
File: MK64213.png (153KB, 794x800px) Image search: [Google]
MK64213.png
153KB, 794x800px
I like the raceway ones the best (Luigi, Mario Royal raceways). They're the best ones for drifting madness, but Yoshi's Valley is fun as it can be frustrating. It's the most complex one.
I also love Koopa Beach (dat shortcut), Kalimari Desert (dat tunnel shortcut), Toad's Turnpike (ultimate comfy).
>>
File: my humble correct opinion.jpg (96KB, 563x467px) Image search: [Google]
my humble correct opinion.jpg
96KB, 563x467px
Eh. It's okay but pretty bland, in appearance and content. The fork-in-the-road gimmick is basic and the other stuff is easy to avoid. The only shortcuts are totally broken and there's not a lot of space for drifting.
>>
>>3571737
Personally Rainbow Road will always be GOAT and Bowser's Castle will always be a close second
>>
>>3571821
>marioro

On one hand, lol. On the other hand...aw, I figured Mario would be straight edge ;_;
>>
File: 1474108398264.png (52KB, 203x209px) Image search: [Google]
1474108398264.png
52KB, 203x209px
>>3571976
>an italian
>straight-edge
>>
>>3571737
>Is Yoshi Valley the best track in Mario Kart 64?
If by best you mean the track that pissed me off more than any other when I was a kid then yes.
>>
>>3571954
Mario Kart 64's Rainbow Road was boring as fuck.
>>
>>3572243
I wonder whether these eternally foolish individuals out there might ever realise they've been aiming their arrows at the wrong target.
>>
Toad's Turnpike on Extra (mirror) is the best track in the series
>>
>>3571737
One of the worst, actually.
>>
>>3572914
Right? It was absinthe first to have guard rails
>>
My faves are DK Jungle Parkway and Wario Stadium
Least favorites are Bowser Castle and Toad's Turnpike
I always thought the fastest route in Yoshi's was left-left, yet these days I seem to be slower going that way without slowing down. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to get good again?
>>
Faves: DK Jungle Parkway, Sherbet Land, Rainbow Road
Worst: Moo Moo Farm
>>
>>3573679

>Worst: Moo Moo Farm

Any particular reason? It's not amazing but it's not bad.
>>
Peach's castle was my personal favorite.
>>
>>3571839
wtf mario's raceway is the most glaringly mediocre. it's just a few sharp turns and a tunnel and that's it.
>>
i like to drift all the time so kalimari desert and wario stadium are probably my faves. when i was a kid i really liked bowser's castle and for the life of me i have no idea why
>>
>>3573669
>I always thought the fastest route in Yoshi's was left-left
It's right, left.
>>
>>3575521

>it's just a few sharp turns

It is turn after turn, all the 3 raceway courses are especially designed for drifting. They're the "final destination" stages of MK64, especially Mario Raceway.
>>
least favorite level to me is wario stadium just because its so loooonnnggggg
>>
>>3575870
do u even drift

the only course that overstays it's welcome is rainbow road
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.