[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does the FGC think of this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: One-must-fall-cover.jpg (36KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
One-must-fall-cover.jpg
36KB, 325x325px
>>
First commercial game I ever had, even though it was just a demo, it came in a very nice flat box with two 3,5" 2 disks

Very fun, gotta love the opening and music
>>
Fucking love this game. One of my favorite DOS titles.
>>
>>3571052
It's an epic game
>>
making a custom robot was cool
>>
>>3571052
>fighting game
>non-arcade

Seriously, WTF? Stuck in 320x200, with just two buttons? A port with MK level resolution would have been impressive. Maybe if they first tested out Battlegrounds there, they could have refined a good version for PC.
>>
File: 1452744610328.gif (515KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
1452744610328.gif
515KB, 400x308px
>humanoid robots fighting
>called one must fall
>obviously ripping off the line "One shall stand, one shall fall" from Transformers The Movie
>the robots on the cover are even Optimus Prime and Bumblebee colored

I never heard of or played the game, but that makes me chuckle how blatant they are
>>
File: Onefall_000.png (13KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Onefall_000.png
13KB, 320x200px
>>3571697
But it's actually a follow up to One Must Fall on PC so you're "blatantly" missing the mark.
>>
>>3571679
There were three keys for punch, kick and throw.
Real time 3D graphics with variable resolution would have been a draw.
>>
>>3571704
That hardly changes anything, if anything it's more funny because they had a failure of a game that was ripping off Street Fighter and later tried to cheaply attach it to another well known franchise because of a similarity between the title and a famous quote from said franchise

You take an obvious fail and turn it into a triple fail of hack game devs
>>
>>3571052

I played a LOT of OMF2097. I didn't actually own it, my friend did, and he made me copies of the disks. The game ran a hell of a lot better on my 486 than it did his 386, but the slower gameplay let him figure out long strings of combos. My playstyle was based more on speed and making openings.

I had a maxed out character for every HAR (Human Assisted Robot) on every difficulty in Tournament Play. A max agility Electra's df+k was a damn machine gun, it stripped stamina like crazy.

>>3571697

The robots on the cover are a Nova (red) and a Shredder (yellow), FYI. I had a variety of color schemes (you could customize) I used on my Nova--my favorite HAR--including black & gold; red, blue & white; and purple, blue & gold.

The menu music is fucking rad, check it out;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0FNUDLdT4A
>>
>>3571704
I think One Must Fall was a prototype or something that was never officially sold.
>>
>love the demo
>finally get a copy of it
>runs at warp speed

I don't mean recently, this was still way back in the day.
>>
>>3572018
You can adjust the speed for a reason.
>>
Best fighting game on the PC. Not that it's saying much, but it was great. Great music, had an actual story, shitty as it might have been, a career mode, diverse characters (if I recall, one was retarded or something.). Could be nostalgia, but I have nothing but the good memories of it.

The sequels, however....wow. Those were bad.
>>
File: cannon.jpg (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
cannon.jpg
105KB, 800x600px
>>3572064
I actually played the shit out of Battlegrounds. Gameplay was meh, but it still had great music. If I recall correctly they used dynamic music, meaning it follows the flow of the battle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rro00XovOFc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X095Jc-msyU
>>
>>3572092
>If I recall correctly they used dynamic music, meaning it follows the flow of the battle.
Yes, quite akin to X-Com:Interceptor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwbdLBn56E8

Mantis' combos are pretty broken though.
>>
>>3571775
You are not a smart man.
>>
Horrible game
>>
>>3571998
It was a demo that was never completed and released as freeware.
Rob Elam, the series creator, switched to robots for the full game because it was easier to model robots than to draw sprites.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.