[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soon you'll be wearing my sword like a shish kebab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Soon you'll be wearing my sword like a shish kebab
>>
>>3567907
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
>>
File: Stinking_winner.png (19KB, 341x193px) Image search: [Google]
Stinking_winner.png
19KB, 341x193px
>>3567908
I give up! You win!
>>
>>3567907
I'm rubber, you're glue.
>>
I'm shaking, I'm shaking.
>>
Is there a preferred version to play for someone who's never played monkey island (or really any adventure games)?
>>
>>3567934
Play the special editions.
Voice acting + the ability to switch between remastered graphics or original.
Not to mention the excellent commentary track.
>>
>>3567937
>>3567934

Don't listen to him.

The special editions were revamped by crappy malaysian studio with no appreciation of the original artwork. They look ugly, and destroy the sense of humor and character.

Just play the original on ScummVM along with Monkey Island 2
>>
>>3567970
Don't be a douche.
Play the remaster but switch to original graphics for talkie mode.
Injecting the voice files into the original to be used with Scummvm is too much hassle.
>>
>>3567970
This. The remake also cuts some corners to adapt to the audio voice tracks, i.e "Nice stick/Nice Bart/Nice Fink" simply get replaced with "Nice". There is also one line referencing white slavery that was censored in MI2. The audio is disjointed in certain songs, IMuse recreation is quite bad, and so on and so forth. Play the originals on ScummVM. Rig the MT32 or FMTowns soundtrack. It's still the best way to enjoy the games, and you can even do it in your smartphone.
>>
>>3567970

Secret of Monkey Island SE was trash. But you can always play in in the original mode on steam.

Lechuck's Revenge was much better as a SE and was actually pretty damn good. I really enjoyed that the voice over stayed when you switched back to the orignial (With an option to remove it if you wanted to).

>>3568042
Secret of Monkey Island SE didn't have that function when i played it (at launch).
>>
I personally hate the graphics in the remake. The characters don't look like they blend into the environment when they animate.

I think MI2 remake lets you play with the voice acting in the old graphics mode, I recommend doing that. I don't think MI1 has that option, though.
>>
>>3567914
In a Sierra game, this would result in a game over and reload from a save state.
>>
The SE's graphics for Monkey Island 1 & 2 should've had it so it appeared heavily realistic, instead of cartoony. My main gripes.
>>
>>3567937
>Voice acting

Nah. Games have 100 times the charm text only.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.