[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro Emulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 151402-11FProduct_wiiPsp_x1.jpg (24KB, 575x380px) Image search: [Google]
151402-11FProduct_wiiPsp_x1.jpg
24KB, 575x380px
From experience I have had an easy time emulating pre ps1 on pic related without any issues(except SNES on psp). No vertices sync issues, high rom compatibility, ease of use and set up, etc... Why is emulation so relatively great on these aging platforms? How is a psp and Wii able to do so much vs a computer with similar specs.
>>
>>3566383
>a computer with similar specs.
A Pentium 3 or what? What issues do you have with emulating on that aside from age related stuff?
>>
>>3566434
No, an i7. Of course something as lowly as a pentium 3, or even lower, jesus retarded christ..

I have tried emulators on legacy machines from 2000s and they dont do as well as the emulation on the wii and psp. Also, computers have the modern era dont do as well either in alot of ways. Buggy, need infinite plug-ins, slow, lag, compatibility issues. It's not as simple as downloading an emulating and booting up a rom. There is always fuckery to emulation but somehow, all of that fucking around dosent exist on the wii. and I was wondering why
>>
>>3566505
> Buggy, need infinite plug-ins, slow, lag, compatibility issues. It's not as simple as downloading an emulating and booting up a rom
For SNES games? You must be doing something horribly wrong. Even for PS1 and some other newer systems you don't need much more than a BIOS.
>>
>>3566532
Not only SNES games but NES as well. Here is what I did:

Fresh install windows 8.1 on 4gig ram, AMD athlon 2 computer with GeForce integrated graphics. The I downloaded JNes from Vimm and ninja gaiden. Booted up the rom anddd....lag/verticle sync issues. So I then try fceux, same issues. Fuck.
>>
First day of emulation class.

1) These consoles were designed with games in mind, they had powerful gpu systems and hardware-based videogame graphic capabilities built in.
2) The Wii uses PowerPC and PSP uses ARM which perform much better at the same speed than the ancient x86 architecture that pentium 3 uses.
3) The emulators have been specifically honed for these devices with exactly this amount of ram etc. in mind. They're not trying to cater to a wide range of systems and capabilities.
>>
>>3566505
>t. botnet central
>>
>>3566552
1.) I said they do a better job then comparable computers.So im not comparing a wii to a PC with poor graphical capabilities. Im comparing apples to apples so smarten the fuck up.

2.) See above

3.) Decent answer, but the amount of development gone into wii/psp specific emulators is nothing compared to generic pc's. Alot of emulators are just ports from pc, like mame, or havent been update in 5 or 6 years.
>>
>>3566547
>windows 8.1
Holy shit, where'd you get the idea to use that? I could understand windows 7, windows xp, linux, windows 2000, reactOS, windows server 2003, or whatever, but that?
>>
>>3566657
at least he didn't switch to 10.
>>
Wii emulation is really good.
PSP is on and off.
You can play a wii on a crt.
You have to play PSP on a small screen.
Sitting down and playing a game on a tv/monitor will always be better than having to constantly look at your hands.
>>
>>3566680
>tfw I keep getting tempted to switch from 7 to 10 for Forza
then I realized I was smarter than that
>>
>>3566713
Most PSPs have component out
>>
>>3566721
So you need to hook it up to your tv every time?
A wii will allow you to play Wii/GC games, as well as anything you want to emulate.
>>
>>3566383
my psp was the single best purchase I ever made it have a 120gb memory stick and I filled every last bit of it with ps1 games and of course all the emulators for all the systems I have never had a dull trip to work since I have completed final fantasy 9 and 7 and front mission 3 resident evil 1 2 3 and sudioken 2 all on that thing.
>>
>>3566727
I'm not really trying to argue PSP vs Wii to you. I have 4 Wiis and I had 3 PSPs until I traded the junkiest one for a PSTV. I actually really like the Wii mainly because of how easy it is to switch it from 4:3/480i to 16:9/480p over component. I almost never use the PSPs anymore other than for playing PSP games as I prefer android for handheld emulation now.
>>
>>3566736
This

I have a Wii and it is great for emulation and its TV out but the PSP had by far and large the best return in investment until smartphones came out
>>
>>3566727
no dingus, you leave the cable plugged into the tv and plug/unplug the psp as needed to play on the handheld or the tv.
>>
>>3566383

I have been emulating on PC nearly problem-free since 1998. Emulators have only gotten more feature-rich and accurate in the time since. Retroarch is a fucking godsend. If you find yourself repeatedly having issues with PC emulation in 2016 the problem isn't the platform.

That said, Console emulators are usually custom-tailored to their hardware and the best ones (FCEUGX,SNES9xGX,GPGX) are user-friendly enough that a toddler could get them up and running. That said, anything SNES and on can suffer from speed/accuracy issues. It's good enough for 3rd and some 4th gen gaming.
>>
>>3566719
Can't you just run that "10" thing as a live CD?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.