[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC-88

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: S0HS9GF.png (93KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
S0HS9GF.png
93KB, 1280x800px
Any good PC-88 games? Trying Dragon Slayer now.

I have some issues with sound crackling and drop-outs in M88, has anyone experienced those, and any idea if it can be fixed? Or do they exist on the original hardware as well?
My current options for best performance are 22k Hz, OPN mode, 100ms buffer, and all checkbox options except for LPF. No idea what most of them actually do, though.
>>
>>3564598
The Scheme is a great metroidvania with soundtrack composed by Yuzo Koshiro. Zeliard is also a lot of fun but the dos version is arguably better (and is in english).
>>
Learn the difference between V1 and V2 mode.
If your game has those colors it means you are playing a V1 game in V2 mode.
If you try to play a V2 game in V1 mode you will get an error message for most games.
>>
File: mMbKGZC.png (100KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
mMbKGZC.png
100KB, 1280x800px
>>3564628
Oops.
>>
The problem I have with the 88 is that a lot of its games are better on other platforms. X1 has more support for sprites and the like and therefore more suited for action titles.
PC98 has higher resolution, more colors or simply less disks needed.
As such it's mainly suited for titles that aren't as known since they weren't popular enough to be ported.
Maybe a game like Silpheed that's amazing for what it did on the limited hardware.
>>
>>3566370
I prefer playing games on their original platform, assuming they were developed with it in mind.

Unfortunately it's hard to find reliable resources on how to set shit up and find good games, especially in English.
>>
>>3566585
Most games weren't developed with English in mind since the platform as almost exclusively sold in Japan.
https://archive.org/details/Neo_Kobe_NEC_PC-8801_2016-02-25
Should provide enough games and tips on setting things up.
https://mega.nz/#!2NAHmZAL!QN4o6T-Fq3uMINXfez_nyUEFQOKJrIwXFUuxef3qnR4
https://www.mediafire.com/?umaw4huaytf5zcf
Should have configurated emulators with all the necessary ROMs and info on where to get updates.
>>
>>3566614
Thanks. I kept finding wrong info so it was confusing trying to get some things running. Dragon Slayer and Hydlide seem to run much better on quasi88, but it seems to be too fast compared to M88 with the same mode and cpu frequency so I'm not sure which is more accurate.
>>
File: 倍率.png (10KB, 395x304px) Image search: [Google]
倍率.png
10KB, 395x304px
>>3566696
Did you accidentally increase the CPU multiplier (倍率) or check 全力駆動 or 速度調整省略?
>>
>>3566783
No, I checked everything. Hydlide seems kinda fast especially. In that emulator bundle x88x seems like a balance between M88-kai which is kind of slow and the latest version of quasi88 which is kind of fast. Dragon Slayer in quasi88 v1s seemed to run around the same speed as M88 v1h, while M88 v1s is slower. It's confusing.
The framerate and speed seems to go up and down a bit too (based on the music play speed in Hydlide) but I hear the same thing happening in videos, so I assume that's "normal".
>>
>>3566783
>>3566785
Just changed settings in M88-kai since I hadn't done that and the speed is about the same as quasi88 when removing Wait. But I don't think it's supposed to be off. Still had to turn on every option in audio in order for it not to sound like complete shit, though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.