[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: Screenshot_20161015-235951.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161015-235951.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Redpill me on this
>>
>>3564395
Its just an emulator that requires a cart.
>>
>>3564402
It saves the data to the cart, right?
>>
I don't care what the fuck anyone says. Still would rather emulate on a psp. Way easier cheaper and better.

>and fuck the emulation is bullshit meme
>>
>>3564407

Tell me about PSP emulation. I don't have a PSP, but if it's easy and has decent interfaces then I might consider picking one up for cheap.
>>
>>3564407
L A G
A G L
G L A
>>
>>3564417
B U Y E R S R E M O R S E
U Y E R S R E M O R S E S
Y E R S R E M O R S E S R
E R S R E M O R S E S R O
R S R E M O R S E S R O M
S R E M O R S E S R O M E
R E M O R S E S R O M E R
E M O R S E S R O M E R S
M O R S E S R O M E R S R
O R S E S R O M E R S R E
R S E S R O M E R S R E Y
S E S R O M E R S R E Y U
E S R O M E R S R E Y U B
>>
File: 1472539009414.jpg (614KB, 700x906px) Image search: [Google]
1472539009414.jpg
614KB, 700x906px
HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME I PLAY VIDYA!!!
AND NOT ANY GAY SHIT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE NO, ONLY DANK ASS GOAT BALLER NINTENDO GAMES FROM THE 90s!! I AM THE ULTIMATE GEEK!!!! LINE UP GIRLS, COME TO MY PLACE AND WE CAN TAKE TURNS PLAYING MARIO GAMES!!!!
>>
>>3564409

PSP SNES emulation is only good enough for any turn based game. It is choppy and laggy so good luck if you play a game that requires a quick response. NES, Genesis, GBA, and PSX emulation are much more smoother and playable.
>>
File: yougotme.jpg (66KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
yougotme.jpg
66KB, 500x491px
>>3564449
Snes emulation on the PSP is fine, for any type of game. Ignore dipshits like this.

>>3564395
Emulation on the psp is easy and you can get snes gb master system psx t16 games and shit on it. It's fine and certainly better than that bulky piece of ass in your picture. They're a legit waste of time and money and you shouldn't support people who make them. Especially when there are a shitton of cheap as fuck psps floating about. check the emulation general they probably have a guide to it there. it's super easy.
>>
>>3564448
So this is what autism genuinely looks like
>>
>>3564409
It's super easy if you can follow a youtube tutorial and aren't a dipshit, it's easy. If you are trying to just get games on the fly it works great, has great size and super easy portability.

I put a custom firmware on my psp when the scene was just starting way back in the day on the 1st Gen models.

I would say it would take probably a day or half if you're not computer illiterate to learn how to do it and set it up.

>Do some research about which model to buy
>follow instructions for custom firmware and emulators installation
>????
>profit and not be a cuck
>>
>>3564402
What is this bullshit now with every clone hardware being called an emulator? Retrofreak and Retron5 are the only ones that use emulators.
>>
>>3564407
>>3564409
>>3564449
>>3564541
I looked into psp emulation back in the day, but only before I got completely overwhelmed by how complicated the process seemed. Didn't you have to buy some weird hacked battery pack or some shit or make one yourself to get it to work? Like the battery installed the firmware or some weird ass shit like that. I know whenever I was looking into it there really wasn't a good guide for it online anywhere I could find either. How easy is it these days? And is it really lag free? Because I could see PSP emulation being easier and cheaper than the alternatives, but only if it is worth it. I am currently stuck between buying another PSP for this reason or buying the RDP V2.
>>
File: 708.png (89KB, 259x335px) Image search: [Google]
708.png
89KB, 259x335px
>>3564565
literally aping the original hard/software
>not an emulator

get back to middle school senpai

emulator is a loose term that literally refers to anything playing those games that isn't the original intended thing.

i bet you think turn based rpgs should be called jrpgs no matter where they were made.

you share vr with people like this
>>
>>3564567
http://wololo.net/cfw4dummies/

It's as easy as downloading something and running it on your PSP.
>>
>>3564576
Idiot.
>>
psp 75-125 burgers on amazon
slim sd card 20 burgers on amazon

rdp 75 burgers on amazon
everdrive 75 burgers on site

supaboy 80 burgers on amazon
everdrive 75 burgers on site

gdp chinese sketchy as hell is that shit even legitimate? looks cool but linux is gay as hell

i could just buy like 150 burgers instead of having a portable emulator.
>>
>>3564576
In the context of video games emulator means software that emulates hardware.
>>
>>3564395
>redpill

Considering we know Matrix movies are trans allegories, the red pill is estorgen and the blue pill is an anti-depressant.

Estorgen you on it?

What do you mean by that?
>>
>>3564698
>jrpgs are turn based games

you are literally one of those people
gg laughing my fucking sides out of this board
>>
>>3564718
Why are you avatarfagging?
>>
>>3564395
Waste of money imo. They're huge, have shit battery life, you have to carry carts around, they are less accurate than most emulators.

You would be better with a hacked N3DS, smartphone/tablet with controller, GPD XD, GPD Win.

Those tend to be a bit more expensive that these supaboys though, if you can't afford much, a Dingoo a320 should play SNES games well. PSP really isn't great for SNES, you have to set frameskip to like 2-3 for most games. You could also get a Sony Xperia which would run up to PS1 great. Those can be had for like $40.

The only think I think is redeeming about the Supa Boy is if you want a really small SNES and don't mind the bad audio. It's cool that they put AV out and controller ports in it. That said, you could just do a Raspberry Pi with USB Snes controllers or use a tablet with a USB breakout or something.
>>
>>3564667

>GPD Sketchy as hell

Look at the reviews for their units. They seem to actually make functional chinese handhelds. when I was looking at the JXD devices, each one had some issues like wifi not working, bad touch screen, etc.

GPD XD runs android and Win run Windows. I don't think any of their shit comes with linux. I don't have one though, I use my N3DS XL which is great.
>>
>>3564395
Why does this thing even exist when we have the Gameboy Advance?
>>
>>3564395
>Redpill me
Buy it. Buy two or more. People who say "redpill me" deserve this.

>>3564402
>emulator
No it's a SoC. Shit on a Chip.
>>
>>3564576
Clone =/= Emulator
The only time I can remotely see using the term emulating on hardware is with FPGA which this is not. Most clones are their own hardware or chips designed to accept and interpret the game code. They don't copy the original hardware. FPGA does copy the chip however and I could see that being called an emulator when it literally emulates the exact chips (like a software emulator does).

Clone is a misnomer that has become generally accepted term for these systems given that they in fact are not remotely clones at all thus the compatability differences.

But what do I know, I haven't used my BA in Computer Science for at least 6 years.
>>
>>3566149
dude is just trolling. you're right.
>>
File: 1f2.jpg (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1f2.jpg
79KB, 500x500px
>>3566149
>But what do I know, I haven't used my BA in Computer Science for at least 6 years.

you are damn right and still so wrong.
>>
>>3564402
It's great for testing games at flea markets.
>>
>>3564803
GBA has smaller screen resolution and inferior sound.
>>
>>3567196
The gameboy player solves both issues if you can actually get one with the fucking disc
>>
>>3567413
It would be the exact same issues, only presented on a bigger screen.
>>
>>3564395
>r*dpill

>>>/pol/
>>
>>3564703
Huh?
>>
>>3564667

psp is cheaper on ebay. You can get one real cheap if you're willing to deal with the ghosting of the first models. The Go is best but it starts at around $60 if you want one with nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>3564395
I have one, I mainly use it to test out games before buying, it's the lack of sharpness in the screen that kinda kills it for me, other then that, it's decent.
>>
File: rb-sr3-2043_all-66x66in-72dpi.jpg (231KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
rb-sr3-2043_all-66x66in-72dpi.jpg
231KB, 1100x1100px
Gonna hijack this thread really quick so I don't have to make a whole new one, how is this in comparison to other clones?
>>
File: 1476568790780.jpg (22KB, 397x398px) Image search: [Google]
1476568790780.jpg
22KB, 397x398px
>>3567486
>seriously implying /pol/ invented the term redpill
So many idiots on this board but you take the cake.
>>
>>3567579
redpill me on redpill pls
>>
>>3564402
Technically no-- it's a clone console. It's running the game at the hardware level, it's just that it's a condensed knockoff version of the hardware.

I bought one of these for my brother for Christmas a few years ago. There were some weird quirks about it but overall I was pretty impressed with it. The plastic was definitely not Nintendo quality and the D-pad required a modification to keep it from pressing center (otherwise you couldn't do fireballs in Street Fighter) but it's a cool little gadget and you can make it pretend fight with a Sega Nomad.
>>
>>3564475
>Snes emulation on the PSP is fine, for any type of game. Ignore dipshits like this.
lol no. Most of the games I've tried have noticeable lag that make the games borderline unplayable. Works great for everything else though.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.