[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC Indie Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2692.jpg (460KB, 1846x2059px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2692.jpg
460KB, 1846x2059px
So I'll admit that my dreamcast collection is really shit. It's probably less than ten games. However, im never in the mood to go hunting for games because I know the stores i go to have pretty poor selections, which is really no surprise with the system since alot of the good games are in hands of collectors now. Lately I've been really interested in the systems indie scene, which is quite impressive btw. So impressive, that im really not sure where to start. Im interested to see what you guys would recommend. What is your top 5 indie games on the system? Im mostly interest in shmups which im pretty sure is the dominant genre for its indie scene. Please keep in mind the prive and availability to the US. Thanks guys!
>>
>he doesnt know that you can burn any DC game in existence
>>
>>3564146
No I would just much rather have an original copy. Plus buying a title from an indie developer is more beneficial in keeping the DC's indie scene alive
>>
Pier Solar.
>>
Initially the indie scene seems really fucking cool. New games for a dead ass console, without Sega caring. But most of the people making these games price them at fucking 50 for a regular edition or bubdle some forced thing to bump up the price. Like 30 I think most people will do and even that is sort of pushing it but whatever (and some are, like slave which I'm getting). But 50 is fucking insane for these short shmups and 2D RPGs/whatever. And then a lot of them are from Europe so you get fucked with import fees and shipping
>>
>>3565684
I've seen Emuparadise have some ROMs of Pier Solar and Rush Rush Rally, but only through the forums.
>>
>>3564156
Just burn them and print the covers yourself faggot.
>>
>>3564132
NEO XYX is my favourite ng dev game
Gun lord is an awesome turrican clone
A port ofVolgar the Viking was released free by the designers as an ISO for Dreamcast a little while ago which is awesome
>>
>>3565684
Agree here. Some of the Neo Geo Dev games are fun for a while, but they're quickly outed as soulless.

>>3565716
I can rip Pier Solar if you're interested, but it's really, really mediocre.

>>3567078
Haven't tried XYX yet. The art looked really nice, though.
>>
>>3567290
Isn't Pier Solar designed to be a Genesis game?
>>
>>3565684

Most of these games came out before "indie" was even a thing. These were called scene games at the time, or boutique developers like g.rev

No one complained about the prices since you were lucky to get a copy of Border Down for under 100$ on ebay.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.