[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it that makes this game so fun and addicting? My best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: River_City_Ransom-front.jpg (54KB, 368x520px) Image search: [Google]
River_City_Ransom-front.jpg
54KB, 368x520px
What is it that makes this game so fun and addicting? My best friend and I used to play it for hours on 2p mode when we were young.
>>
It's really not. I just tried to replay it the other day and got bored within the first screen.
>>
Co-Op, lots of interactivity between environment, players and npcs, weapons, hazards, butt crack
>>
>>3563582
Get friends bro
>>
>>3563576
It's not that great really. Your post basically summed it up - nostalgia.
>>
>>3563806
It was the original fantasy of bullied kids. Beat up your classmates with lead pipes and brass knuckles.
>>
>>3563576

Games like this are always more fun with a second player.
>>
I played through it a few years ago with the boyfriend. It was fun, but I think were both surprised at how small the world is. As a kid it seemed a lot bigger.
>>
I like the GBA remake more.
>>
>>3565690
It's alright. No co-op ruins it though.
>>
Did they ever make a true sequel instead of countless remakes?

As far as I know, the closest to a sequel is the beat-em-up for the SNES, and that ditched RPG elements for a linear plot.
>>
>>3565731
There's a spiritual sequel with a samurai theme, but its Japan-only and I don't think it's been translated.
>>
>>3565748
Nope. I stand corrected, there's a patch.

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/226/
>>
You run around beating the fuck out of kids with pipes and shit, stealing their money and buying Merv Burgers. What kind of person wouldn't love this game?
>>
There is an indie PC game from the early 2000s called Zombie Smashers X. Plays a lot like RCR but has much better reply value.
>>
>>3563576
>when we were young.
There you go.
>>
File: tagteam.gif (6KB, 256x172px) Image search: [Google]
tagteam.gif
6KB, 256x172px
Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu
Awesome game to play with a friend
>>
>>3565703
That's pretty odd, when you consider the remake was made by the same team that made Double Dragon Advance, which I'm pretty sure had coop.
>>
Its a great game. The tricks you could in it were awesome, like running away from an enemy, jumping into the air throwing a weapon and having it bounce off the wall and killing the bad guy. Just good stupid fun.
>>
>>3563582
Your sentence screams underage, autism and ADHD.
>>
>>3566150
>>3563806
>>3563582

We need ids in VR. So kids can be called out in certain breds.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.