[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Silent Hill Game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: pyramidhead.jpg (14KB, 236x439px) Image search: [Google]
pyramidhead.jpg
14KB, 236x439px
I can't decide between 2 and The Room. I'm also pretty nostalgic of the first one.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>3562910
3 > 2 > 1 > 4

Not that I consider The Room to be a bad game, I just liked the others more.
>>
>>3562910
>female pyramid head

I DIDNT KNOW I WANTED THIS
>>
The one that's actually retro.
>>
File: shill.jpg (49KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
shill.jpg
49KB, 704x480px
For me the best will always be the first. Something about just how surreal everything is resonates with me more than the other titles in the series.

Shattered Memories is garbage.
>>
>>3562976
https://exhentai.org/g/798065/c91e023f03/
>>
>>3562982
The grainy, jerky PS1 look definitely had something that was lost in the nicer-looking sequels.
>>
>>3563002
It gave it a legit nightmerish look and feel.

gotta love shitty graphics.
>>
>>3562982
I hear SH1 should be played through composite for best effect. Something about "dithering." Is this true?
>>
>>3562910
My favorite was [REDACTED FOR NOT RETRO] however those are also still pretty good.
>>
File: RetroArch-1015-200716.png (91KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1015-200716.png
91KB, 1440x1080px
>>3563030

The dithering is pretty noticeable if you're playing on an emulator that uses software rendering, or outputting RGB to a hardware upscaler for your LCD. It wouldn't be something you could see on a CRT hooked up through composite, because of the natural blurryness.
>>
File: RetroArch-1015-200741.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1015-200741.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>3563147

And here's the same area with an NTSC and CRT filter.

Make sure that only one of the shaders is adjusting gamma, or else you will get crushed colors.
>>
>>3562981
This
>>
File: sh0.jpg (21KB, 160x275px) Image search: [Google]
sh0.jpg
21KB, 160x275px
The important question is, what's the least shit outsourced Silent Hill?
>>
>>3563168
Shattered Memories only because it has no real ties to the main story so anything it does wrong is on its own. Also really liked this song from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ8jLEEKuds
>>
>>3563147
The dithering is even noticeable on a CRT especially if you play over rgb or svideo. I would still recommend an rgb cable over some shitty composite cable for this game.
>>
It's weird. I had an older cousin who didn't really care about games other than maybe Pac-Man, but she used to play the Silent Hill games. I remember I gave her my PS2 and she bought the PS2 games as well. I always like watching her play.
>>
>>3563002

You can prove this by using that new experimental plugin that eliminates the grain, dithering and jerkyness - it just looks like any old PC game and loses something special. Silent Hill wouldn't be the same game on anything else.
>>
>>3563168

Shattered Memories by far, not even a big fan of it but it did its own thing, pulled off what it wanted to and wasn't rushed to release. Everything else is just a travesty.
>>
>>3563314
It's just one of those games that depends on the flaws of the console.

I miss games that did cool shit like that.
>>
>>3562993
how did i know what this was gonna be before i even clicked it
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>PS1 3D can be retro

>PS2 3D may never be retro

It was 15 years ago

>t-thats n-not how ot works! A-anon!

Then how does it work?? No tells me why the dreamcast can be retro but the PS2 cannot?

No one has an actual answer fir this it seems.

Evwn publications cover le not retro gamecube.
>>
>>3563857
it's about not letting in more gens basically, feeling that 6th gen would take up too much board space
>>
File: image.png (922KB, 1104x974px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
922KB, 1104x974px
>>3563860
Humpf.

Im a bit mad because your point about space is completley valid and is difficult to refute, and can logically answer my question.

Must resist urge to go full /v/ and just reply with "fuck off faggot" because this actually may be more beneficial for all.
>>
>>3563860
No it wouldn't, you're just crying crocodile tears and checking under your bed for the Halo fanboy bogeyman
>>
I'm aware of all it's faults but the premise of The Room is far more interesting to me than what SH3 offered as a whole.
>>
Homecoming
>>
>>3562910
The first one is the one I think is the best in the series.
>>
Fags on /vr/ have allowed a meme, a board and a et of rules dictate to them what "oldskool" or "retro"

That they can talk about a comodore and Dreamcast in the same light, but draw the line at PS2 shows what zombies to meme culture they have become.

Drawl it in unison with us now anons:

"Nut retro..." "Nut retro..."
>>
>>3563962
>>3563997
https://warosu.org/vr/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=%22not+retro%22&search_del=yes

Many of these are notches on my own hat.
>>
>>3563913
Also has the best replay value, too.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.