[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Epic Finds Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: XCOM_TERROR.jpg (19KB, 288x336px) Image search: [Google]
XCOM_TERROR.jpg
19KB, 288x336px
Thread for those epic retro game find stories

I found a mint condition big box copy of pictured at a thrift store, it had all the paperwork and everything even the receipt! Also picked up a big box copy of Hexen 2 and one other game I don't remember right now, was a good day.
>>
I came across sealed copies of the X-Com 1 cdroms or 2 dollars each on a clearance rack at a Target... over 15 years ago.
>>
Even in 1996 you could find X-COM, MoM, and MoO in the $10 bins. Microprose games always got cheap instanty.
>>
OP here, guess I should make clear my find was recent, not when the games came out
>>
If I wander down into my parents basement I have both xcoms + apocalypse. SC2K, C&C + Red Alert, MOO2, Star Control2, probably a dozen others. I was actually ashamed I've let my parents hold those for as long as I have taking up space in their house.
>>
>>3562867
>
The research tree is so fucked, I just cheated to get every tech I need. Though I heard it's beatable with gauss weapons, but you still need to get certain buggy techs to build the endgame ship to take you to the final mission.

I hate it. Play the original instead.
>>
>>3562867
Got both the CD-ROM and DVD-ROM editions for Westwood Studios BLADE RUNNER many years ago.
>>
>>3565015
Aw man. I loved Terror From the Deep. Deep ocean settings are scary. And if that wasn't enough, there are Tentaculats...floating brains that can permanently take over soldiers from any direction.
>>
>>3562867
I worked for Blockbuster right before it shutdown, and I found 2 SEALED Final Fantasy 7 PS1 copies for $2.99 each in a box of crap behind the counter.
>>
Retro shit I've found includes a Famiclone from Argentina (pic related), several original PS1 models and accessories, and controllers for almost every system. (I even found a USB SNES gamepad and a PS3 controller and got em both for 2 bucks.) Games wise it's generally only ever PS1 games, but as someone who never had a PS1 it's fun discovering the library at random.

PS1 games I've found:
>Crash Bandicoot 1-3
>Crash Team Racing
>Crash Bash
>Tomb Raider II
>Croc 2
>Sarge's Heroes 1 & 2
>Air Attack
>The Next Tetris
>Some Namco collection

On occasion I find old PC games. I bought The Ultimate Doom because I'm a huge Doom fan, and got some others (Quake Mission Pack, SimCopter, Age of Empires 2) when they have specials on CDs.

The real finds, though, have been non-retro - word of advice, PS2 and the first Xbox are dead easy to find along with most of the major games for either system.
>>
>>3565015
Gauss weapons are unviable the moment lobstermen come up. Which is in March. Endgame is much better in TFTD, since it's not just autofiring heavy plasma and clearing everything with just a few guys, and armors are actually saving your soldiers most of the times, but getting there is a pain.
>>
File: stone cold sonic.gif (2MB, 370x284px) Image search: [Google]
stone cold sonic.gif
2MB, 370x284px
Few years ago I won Sega Saturn from online auction for 10 euros. I was the only one interested on it so I won it by the minimum amount. It didn't include any AV cables and the condition was unknown, so I bought a really cheap saturn AV cable and some cheap games, and it turned out that the console worked just fine.

Probably the best /vr/ related purchase I have ever done.
>>
>>3565987
>lobstermen
They can be knocker out with the starter melee weapon. Actually you need to do that at least once to get required research material. Otherwise blow 'em up with enough explosives. Or knock 'em out and drop a bomb on its body. Not easy but totally doable.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.