[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong? I loved this series, what a sad swan song it was.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

What went so wrong?

I loved this series, what a sad swan song it was.
>>
True, V was so shit it wasn't even funny. Gotta go 3D man, everyone's going 3D. Let's go 3D!

Esp after how well done QFGIV was.
>>
Gameplay aside, I thought it was a fine entry. Bringing back everyone from Elsa Von Spielburg & Toro, Bruno, Erasmus & Fenris, Katrina, Rakeesh, Erana and everyone else made it super comfy.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (58KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
58KB, 480x360px
Why do Quest for Glory threads never get any traction here? I've seen Space Quest and King's Quest hit 100+ posts, but QfG never seems to make a dozen posts.
>>
>>3562438
/vr/ has a small PC userbase apart from doomfags and a few other generals
>>
>>3562438

Because it is not Police Quest
>>
>>3561840
True, but it was all too convenient they all ended up there, even for comfy sake.
>>
>>3561648
I unironically enjoyed QfG V.

The combat was shit and graphics were a step down. But despite that I enjoyed it.
>>
>>3563907
Was the combat good in any of them though?
It's like the developers constantly battled to make it worse than the previous game.
>>
>>3563908
Well QfG IV had an autopilot feature
>>
>>3563914
True, I used it as a kid to beat the wraiths so I guess there's that.
>>
>>3562438
The first in the series is one of my all time favorites.
>>
Erana, Katrina, or neither?
>>
>>3564778
Fenrus.
Cheese please.
>>
If I enjoyed the Quest for Glory series what would be some other games I would find fun?
>>
>>3562438
god that brings back such good memories
>>
Is AGD's QfGII remake any good?
>>
File: Nawar - Thief playthrough.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Nawar - Thief playthrough.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
>>3564778
Depends on the playthrough, honestly.

Warrior: Elsa
Thief: Nawar
Mage/Wizard: Katrina
Paladin: Erana
>>
>>3566565
It's a little too good. I found it extremely difficult to go back to the EGA version, just like with the original. And they made sure not to screw with the game or drop a bunch of useless fanfic inserts. It's more or less just a perfect VGA port.
>>
File: qfg.jpg (92KB, 600x287px) Image search: [Google]
qfg.jpg
92KB, 600x287px
RANKS

GOD TIER
Shadows of Darkness
So You Want To Be a Hero? (VGA)

GREAT TIER
Trial By Fire (VGA)
So You Want To Be a Hero? (EGA)

OKAY TIER
Trial By Fire (EGA)

MEH TIER
Dragon Fire
Wages of War

I think we can all agree on that, or an approximation of that.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
So apparently using the X-Ray Specs automatically prevents you from becoming a Paladin. Guess I get to run this pain in the ass expansion from the beginning again.
>>
>>3570043
Was seeing EGA boobies worth it?
>>
>>3570902
EGA boobies are the payoff for the godawful street maze and pain in the ass time limits that the second one puts on the game.
>>
>>3571021
I wonder how they look in the remake.
Might be time for a series replay I think.
>>
>>3571021
The street maze isn't bad at all once you find all the locations and use the map.

>>3571046
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aApi30AOVYs&t=3m25s
>>
File: qfgchar.jpg (41KB, 406x255px) Image search: [Google]
qfgchar.jpg
41KB, 406x255px
Was there ever an official name for the Hero?
>>
File: misty_town_by_vihola-d4ji43r.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
misty_town_by_vihola-d4ji43r.png
2MB, 1280x720px
I love QfG 4 best of all.

Probably because of the heavy Slavic theme.

And the soundtrack was glorious too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYhkLwQ3IFo
>>
>>3572810
Is there even an argument that this was the best game?
>>
>>3564778
>>3567107
Can't save Erana though in QfG 5, she always sacrifices herself to kill the dragon. No happy ending for her

>Erana, never forget
>>
>>3573154
No, you can save her if she agrees to marry you.
>>
>>3573762
>>3573154

>the choice is between Katrina and Erana

Fuck!
>>
File: 447 Elsa.jpg (46KB, 635x469px) Image search: [Google]
447 Elsa.jpg
46KB, 635x469px
>>3573782
>not marrying the original waifu Elsa von Spielburg

The only higher rated woman in the series is the Rusalka.
>>
File: d9a0dmi.png (254KB, 670x1000px) Image search: [Google]
d9a0dmi.png
254KB, 670x1000px
>>3573150
I think the first was just slightly better. The fourth was riddled with game-breaking bugs and came out in a time where there wasn't an internet to troubleshoot them. You just accepted that the wraiths in the swamp would crash your game. And the first hit such a high standard... you really couldn't have added anything to make it much better. It was as close to a perfect adventure game as you could get.
>>
>>3574661
That's really a part of it, which game you played first determines your #1 waifu
>>
>>3574665
Yes, when you take the bugs into consideration, and remove the "unfair" production value difference from the equation, 1(ega) is the superior game and experience.

Still
>John Rhys-Davies narration
>Play as paladin for honor
>tfw you're the Prince of Shapeir
>the horror mystery theme
>>
>>3574661
Katrina wields a mean whip, tho.
>>
>>3574721
Disagree. I played 1 EGA when it was still called Hero's Quest, and still waifu'd Erana years later when V came out.
>>
Nostalgia bump
>>
>>3574661

>Rusalka

I forget, you could only save her/give her peace if you were a Paladin, right?
>>
>>3579794
I used to save the game and let her pull me under. Damn hot.
>>
VGA remake of QFG5 when????
>>
QfG V was never meant to happened. It only got made because fans petitioned for it.

At this time, Sierra was about begin its descent. They kicked the original founder out, it was overrun by legitimate corporate criminals who got done in for creative accounting and the CEO gutted the original Yosemite studio.

This and King's Quest VIII didn't stand a chance.
>>
>>3579836
Guess I'm not the only one.
>>
Bump for a thread I don't see often.
>>
>>3579794
Correct, only the paladin can save her spirit.
>>
>>3579865
That would be amazing.
I wonder if the source samples of John Rhys-Davies (the narrator and Gimli fro LOTR) exist in higher bitrate than the final release.
His narrative was top notch.
>>
>>3573154
That is the lot of a paladin.

Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain. Cut well, old friend, and then farewell.
>>
>>3573150
I found a tad slow and dull compared to I and II, and then a bug ruined my save (the dovo-something-or-other never appeared in the inn). But the narration was GOAT. So I don't have too good impression of it, about equal with III, which I liked more for the setting than for the game itself. I guess I should give another try sometime, but i'm not in the mood for adventure games too often.

My favorite was II VGA btw (didn't play the original version).
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.