[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: ExdeathArtwork.png (691KB, 722x839px) Image search: [Google]
ExdeathArtwork.png
691KB, 722x839px
Everyone knows FF III/VI was the best SNES era FF game, but which was better: V or II/IV?
>>
V
>>
V was actually fun, so that one.
>>
>>3558853
V was the best FF game.
>>
IV's story was better and had better themes. V's gameplay was better.

Overall, I'd probably give it to IV.
>>
>>3558853
V has the most replayability... it's the only one I can play start to finish in earnest and not get bored. The four job fiesta also helps with this.
>>
>>3559034
IV's story is just about as bland and mediocre as V plus V didn't have boring gameplay
>>
>>3558853
Every Final Fantasy prior to FFVII was garbage. Nobody cares.
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (63KB, 400x366px)
Ow_the_edge.jpg
63KB, 400x366px
>>3559123
>>
>>3559123
>Every Final Fantasy was garbage. Nobody cares.

fixed lol
>>
>>3559148
Final Fantasy X-2 is literally the greatest game ever made, retard. Hell, forget games, it's probably the greatest story ever told.
>>
>>3559158
Go away Anita, no one likes you.
>>
>>3559032
There is definitely a good argument for it.
>>
>>3559034
>IV's story was better and had better themes.

It was literally just Joe Campbell
>>
>>3558853
Apples and oranges, they are all good
>>
>everyone knows
Welp, this topic will change soon, but to the current one.

>which was better: V or II/IV
If you're counting original state, V.
>less bugs (though both only had a couple)
>better gameplay
>slightly improved graphics
>tons of content in comparison
>lighthearted plot, yet arguably better storytelling methods
>>
>>3558853
It really depends on what you're looking for. For it's time, FFIV had a decent story and great character development, even though it did a terrible job of narrating (something every FF until VI was guilty of.) The battle system, however, removes the strategy of on the fly party building present in FFII and III and feels more like FFI, but without the choices. Obviously, this is to the benefit of the character driven story (which we didn't see again until FFIX,) but makes the random encounters feel extremely tedious since you have no goals while grinding other than to get stronger.

Meanwhile, FFV had a forgettable story (and an absolutely TERRIBLE English translation) with characters that you never grow attached to. However, the job system feels like an easier to manage FFT and makes the combat extremely enjoyable, and arguably the most fun in the 2D era. The party building mechanics make grinding very enjoyable and makes for fun replayability.

SO, if you like story, FFIV (Maybe with a fan translation?) If you want good gameplay, FFV.

On the contest of which aged better, FFV, easily.
>>
>>3558853
>Everyone knows FF III/VI was the best SNES era FF game
>this is what VIfags actually believe
>>
File: ff2-2015-05-27-17h51m11s518[1].png (104KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
ff2-2015-05-27-17h51m11s518[1].png
104KB, 512x448px
FFV is a great game, it feels like the most epic journey. Once i said that, i prefer II/IV because of the story, as some anon said. It took it more seriously, i like the confrontation between characters, when the game presents you a coward and then makes it become a hero, or when a good friend becomes a traitor. These changes in plot grew my interest for the game.

FFII is usually ignored, i don't know why. From the responses of this thread, probably they weren't satisfied by the upgrading system. To me it felt like it had a great focused story
>>
>>3561670
Dropping the keyword system was the biggest mistake the series made.
>>
File: ff2doppel[1].png (3KB, 256x224px)
ff2doppel[1].png
3KB, 256x224px
>>3561672
I don't think much was lost, but i'm surprised too with this change. I guess, since III had no story and IV felt like a more direct story, there was no room for it.

On the other hand, the system was a bit limited. There is actually no difference between 'Say a different thing and trigger an event when talking to A after talking to B' than 'Say a different thing and trigger an event when talking to A with X keyword, obtained after talking to B'
>>
>>3561672
It added nothing to the game and you know it.
>>
>>3561676
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH
>>
File: lolistare.jpg (89KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
lolistare.jpg
89KB, 500x273px
>>3558853
>Everyone knows FF III/VI was the best SNES era FF game,
see >>3559032
>>
>>3561670
I prefer II and IV as well
I don't care if the story isn't a masterpiece as long as it feels urgent, and the ones in II and IV do, imo
the only part I didn't like was the quest for Ultima in II
I also never had a problem with the levelling system, the game is a cakewalk if you use shields
Sleep sword, Ancient sword and Blood sword also break the game

I have to admit I didn't care much for the keyword system
>>
>>3561476
I heard the FFV Advance translation makes the game a lot more charming. Is that true?
>>
>>3563584
well wyvern isn't translated as y-burn in that version so there's that
>>
>>3564573
I know the original translation is terrible, but I heard the Advance translation makes the game even better.
>>
4 has better music, cast and difficulty.
5 has better graphics and gameplay.
I guess I prefer 4.
>>
>>3558853
>FF III/VI was the best SNES era FF game

Then everyone has shit taste. V was better in every way
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.